Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville's New Turf almost done !!!
Pikeville's New Football/Baseball Field Turf is nearly installed. I saw a pic of it the other day. Looks Great. Was hoping some people could add some pics of it to this thread. Very unique setup Pikeville has where there Outfield for the Baseball Field ends up on the edge of the Football Field. I'm sure just like I, others would love to see pics.

I was able to find able to find the pic that I had seen about 4 days ago of the Turf being installed on The Football Field connected with the New Baseball Field Turf.

(02-09-2023, 03:30 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Pikeville's New Football/Baseball Field Turf is nearly installed. I saw a pic of it the other day. Looks Great. Was hoping some people could add some pics of it to this thread. Very unique setup Pikeville has where there Outfield for the Baseball Field ends up on the edge of the Football Field. I'm sure just like I, others would love to see pics.

I was able to find the pic that I had seen about 4 days ago of the Turf being installed on The Football Field connected with the New Baseball Field Turf.

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like Fanatic42's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!
(02-09-2023, 03:30 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Pikeville's New Football/Baseball Field Turf is nearly installed. I saw a pic of it the other day. Looks Great. Was hoping some people could add some pics of it to this thread. Very unique setup Pikeville has where there Outfield for the Baseball Field ends up on the edge of the Football Field. I'm sure just like I, others would love to see pics.

I was able to find able to find the pic that I had seen about 4 days ago of the Turf being installed on The Football Field connected with the New Baseball Field Turf.

I was able to find the pic that I had seen about 4 days ago of the Turf being installed on The Football Field connected with the New Baseball Field Turf.
I'd like to see more pics of the new turf. I've been told it has maroon end zones that look real good. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks for putting this up Fanatic42.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Fanatic42
This week’s progess. Shouldn’t be too much longer.

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like Panther Thunder's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Fanatic42, jetpilot, nemo
Looks really good !! Pikeville program deserves it. Lot of programs have it in East Ky..
Looks great!!
(02-10-2023, 03:56 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: This week’s progess. Shouldn’t be too much longer.

Thanks so much for Posting. Looks absolutely Beautiful. That was my purpose for making this Thread. So we could get some Great Pictures of the New Turf so everyone could enjoy. Truly, Thanks. Maybe we could some Pics of The End Zones from some other Folks. Feel free to add some different Pics everyone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanatic42's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(02-10-2023, 03:56 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: This week’s progess. Shouldn’t be too much longer.
Thanks PT. I was hoping you would have some pics. That field is something to really be proud of.
Looks nice. Is this the first time the old turf has been replaced? I think Pikeville was the first school in the area to get turf back in 2003. One thing I think would make it look even better would be to paint or put new maroon seats in the baseball side and paint the football bleachers maroon.
(02-11-2023, 01:05 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Looks nice. Is this the first time the old turf has been replaced? I think Pikeville was the first school in the area to get turf back in 2003. One thing I think would make it look even better would be to paint or put new maroon seats in the baseball side and paint the football bleachers maroon.
The original turf was replaced in early 2010.

I am under the impression that the seats at Davis Park have remained blue as an homage to the Pikeville Cubs minor league baseball team which played there. 

Next on the wish list would be a new pressbox. I believe that is something that is due for an upgrade after 20 years of the current one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • Fanatic42
State Champs 
Deserve State Champ field
Some New Pics and Progress.

Thumbnail(s)

(02-11-2023, 01:16 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 01:05 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Looks nice. Is this the first time the old turf has been replaced? I think Pikeville was the first school in the area to get turf back in 2003. One thing I think would make it look even better would be to paint or put new maroon seats in the baseball side and paint the football bleachers maroon.

I am under the impression that the seats at Davis Park have remained blue as an homage to the Pikeville Cubs minor league baseball team which played there. 

Next on the wish list would be a new pressbox. I believe that is something that is due for an upgrade after 20 years of the current one.

I watched the Pikeville Brewers and Pikeville Cubs from those seats back in the day.  I still have a team signed Brewers ball with Chris Bosio and Billy Joe  Robidoux on it..  How many times has Pikeville replaced their turf now?  It seems to be 3-4.  Am I wrong?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(02-13-2023, 03:48 PM)Westside Wrote:

I watched the Pikeville Brewers and Pikeville Cubs from those seats back in the day.  I still have a team signed Brewers ball with Chris Bosio and Billy Joe  Robidoux on it..  How many times has Pikeville replaced their turf now?  It seems to be 3-4.  Am I wrong?
I agree a new press box is overdue. Adding some fresh maroon paint to the bleachers would look great with everything else.

(02-13-2023, 03:48 PM)Westside Wrote:

I'm thinking this is the third time Westside. UPike and PHS both using it through the years has taken its toll.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Westside
Are the Bears still playing there?
(02-14-2023, 10:15 AM)Real Badman Wrote: Are the Bears still playing there?

Yes, until their new field is ready at their new sports complex later this year.

.UPIKE announces new ‘Bear Mountain’ sports complex (wymt.com)

This is their practice field for now at Amos Park in Pikeville:

Bob Amos Complex - Facilities - UPIKE Athletics (upikebears.com)
I prefer Lowe’s Stadium
Have they said yet how many more years UPike will be playing at Hambley?

I really like the location and overall concept of their new facility, it's's gonna be great for their program.
New pic.

Thumbnail(s)

(02-15-2023, 08:27 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: Have they said yet how many more years UPike will be playing at Hambley?

I really like the location and overall concept of their new facility, it's's gonna be great for their program.

UPIKE is optimistic this will be their final season at Hambley.
Another.

Thumbnail(s)

With this new turf combining the baseball and football and the new weightroom and indoor facility. Pikeville may have the nicest facilities of any program in Kentucky for 4A and under
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Fanatic42