Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Breathitt, Danville, Somerset, Leslie
To be fair, a lot of people were not on the Breathitt hype train before the start of the season but I do not think anyone predicted the Bobcats season being this much of a disappointment.
(02-12-2023, 01:10 AM)HighViz Wrote: Breathitt gets smacked by Erlanger. And Erlanger got destroyed in the semis.  Kinda sounds like Corbin fans on here.  Its all hype because they both have been there and done that. It’s been over 40 since we won.  It’s been 20 since Breathitt.    And as bad as I hate to say it.  Corbin is trending more upwards than Breathitt could possibly be.  What’s Breathitt done?  They aren’t even close to being on the same level as old.  But anyways.  They will beat Leslie.    End up 3rd.  Somerset will play hard nosed and a disciplined game.  And Danville, they have too much speed. Breathitt won’t trend upwards till they have a coaching change.  Holcomb may help some if he went back home from Madison. But he needs to be involved again in decision making and not with just gameday decisions.
Even if Somerset lost some kids, they will be better coached.  And, will block and tackle.  They will have more talent across the board.

(02-10-2023, 10:08 PM)Black Hammer Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 01:13 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 03:40 PM)Black Hammer Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 02:03 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Danville has a freshman QB that is going to be hard to handle for the next 4 years. Breathitt and Leslie are going to struggle to contain all the athletes that Danville will put on the field.
I disagree Mr. Clay. Breathitt county will be able to play with the best if they develop/add a QB.

I don't think just a quarterback is going to close the gap between Breathitt County and the big 3 of Beechwood, Mayfield and LCA.  Breathitt was alternate eliminated from the playoffs by a Lloyd Memorial team that was destroyed 48-0 by Beechwood.  Mayfield brings back almost their whole team that took Beechwood to the wire in the finals.  And LCA did the same with Mayfield in the semis.  That's a lot of ground to close unless you add a D-1 type quarterback.
If you truly watch that game Breathitt had 0 trouble moving the ball and stopping Lloyd. A double reverse, multiple holdings and a 4th/12 PI and a boy rolling around and getting back up is what turned that game. Neutral field breathitt was 1-2 TD’s better. Now whether Breathitt would’ve competed with Beechwood the week after is a different story but I guess we will never know
You can’t blame the refs on a loss like that.   When you go on the road, you have to have the mindset you have to be 7-14 points better.   How many points did they score?
My preseason prediction is lookin right! Breathitt at 3rd in the district.
Yeah I don’t think it’s a good burn either. Breathitt has things they need to figure out. If they can find some discipline and run the football for gods sake. They may win their district. Their schedule is tough but they handed two of those games away by penalties. I still think they can turn their year around but it’s gonna have to start with discipline and playing hard nosed football on offense. Just my two cents.
(09-25-2023, 12:30 PM)HighViz Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 01:10 AM)HighViz Wrote: Breathitt gets smacked by Erlanger. And Erlanger got destroyed in the semis.  Kinda sounds like Corbin fans on here.  Its all hype because they both have been there and done that. It’s been over 40 since we won.  It’s been 20 since Breathitt.    And as bad as I hate to say it.  Corbin is trending more upwards than Breathitt could possibly be.  What’s Breathitt done?  They aren’t even close to being on the same level as old.  But anyways.  They will beat Leslie.    End up 3rd.  Somerset will play hard nosed and a disciplined game.  And Danville, they have too much speed. Breathitt won’t trend upwards till they have a coaching change.  Holcomb may help some if he went back home from Madison. But he needs to be involved again in decision making and not with just gameday decisions.
Even if Somerset lost some kids, they will be better coached.  And, will block and tackle.  They will have more talent across the board.

(02-10-2023, 10:08 PM)Black Hammer Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 01:13 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 03:40 PM)Black Hammer Wrote: I disagree Mr. Clay. Breathitt county will be able to play with the best if they develop/add a QB.

I don't think just a quarterback is going to close the gap between Breathitt County and the big 3 of Beechwood, Mayfield and LCA.  Breathitt was alternate eliminated from the playoffs by a Lloyd Memorial team that was destroyed 48-0 by Beechwood.  Mayfield brings back almost their whole team that took Beechwood to the wire in the finals.  And LCA did the same with Mayfield in the semis.  That's a lot of ground to close unless you add a D-1 type quarterback.
If you truly watch that game Breathitt had 0 trouble moving the ball and stopping Lloyd. A double reverse, multiple holdings and a 4th/12 PI and a boy rolling around and getting back up is what turned that game. Neutral field breathitt was 1-2 TD’s better. Now whether Breathitt would’ve competed with Beechwood the week after is a different story but I guess we will never know
You can’t blame the refs on a loss like that.   When you go on the road, you have to have the mindset you have to be 7-14 points better.   How many points did they score?
My preseason prediction is lookin right! Breathitt at 3rd in the district.
Don’t tell the Breathitt fans that. You will upset them.

(09-25-2023, 12:37 PM)Oldschool86 Wrote: Yeah I don’t think it’s a good burn either. Breathitt has things they need to figure out. If they can find some discipline and run the football for gods sake. They may win their district. Their schedule is tough but they handed two of those games away by penalties. I still think they can turn their year around but it’s gonna have to start with discipline and playing hard nosed football on offense. Just my two cents.
It was not a burn. It was a yes or no question. It is very obvious some people have never made it past I-75 to watch football…. It seems like the entire state aside from a handful of teams is down, but to think Breathitt can run with the big dogs is hilarious. None of these teams in this district can contend for a title.
Agreed. This whole district is regional finals at most. But in my opinion Breathitt is a little better if they can fix those penalty issues. Like I said just my two cents. Will they compete for a title. No. But they can still salvage their season. But they have to cut out the personal fouls and run the football.
Definitely agree that no one in this district is going to make any serious noise in 2A, but Somerset, as opposed to the rest, appears to be trending in the right direction at least. Some of that is probably related to them just having more experience this year moreso than the new coaching staff, but if Clevenger has kids buying in then Somerset should continue upwards. You have to wonder what this Somerset team would look like if Bailey and the Smith twins were still there.
[-] The following 2 users Like Shogun's post:
  • Deuce8, Oldschool86
(09-25-2023, 05:28 PM)Shogun Wrote: Definitely agree that no one in this district is going to make any serious noise in 2A, but Somerset, as opposed to the rest, appears to be trending in the right direction at least. Some of that is probably related to them just having more experience this year moreso than the new coaching staff, but if Clevenger has kids buying in then Somerset should continue upwards. You have to wonder what this Somerset team would look like if Bailey and the Smith twins were still there.
Instant state title contenders with the twins and Bailey on this team ….. All 3 are absolute game changers…..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Foozeball23
Somerset is going to be loaded for a few years. Nice groups coming up.

As far as Breathitt goes if you look at the previous post on the thread. It was mainly Breathitt fans patting they're own back. Me, and others had Somerset to win the district, and possibly region depending where they fall.
We're kinda use to Breathitt pre season hype running flat, but I give them credit on they're schedule.
[-] The following 2 users Like Foozeball23's post:
  • b00bs98, Deuce8
District play starts tonight. Whats everyones predictions looking like now that we've seen each team play? Somerset for sure looks like the favorite IMO.
(09-29-2023, 12:04 PM)Road Dog Wrote: District play starts tonight. Whats everyones predictions looking like now that we've seen each team play? Somerset for sure looks like the favorite IMO.
 Somerset
Breathitt
Danville
Leslie
Somerset
Leslie County
Breathitt County
Danville
(09-29-2023, 02:17 PM)64SUR Wrote: Somerset
Leslie County
Breathitt County
Danville
Anyone have an update on the Somerset v Breathitt game? 
(Breathitt fans only to respond) thanks.
(09-29-2023, 10:13 PM)b00bs98 Wrote:
(09-29-2023, 02:17 PM)64SUR Wrote: Somerset
Leslie County
Breathitt County
Danville
Anyone have an update on the Somerset v Breathitt game? 
(Breathitt fans only to respond) thanks.

Somerset fan here, but I have an update.  Breathitt is SLOW.
If you knew the score, you would understand why Breathitt fans only aren't speaking lol
(09-29-2023, 11:10 PM)Foozeball23 Wrote: If you knew the score, you would understand why Breathitt fans only aren't speaking lol
Pipe down and stay humble bobcat nation….    Sleepy
Breathitts got its butt whipped.
Somerset clear best team in district.

Somerset
Leslie
Breathitt
Danville
Somerset
———
Leslie
Breathitt
Danville

I’d say this district is Somerset’s for the foreseeable future.