Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Breathitt, Danville, Somerset, Leslie
(02-17-2023, 01:23 PM)fansville Wrote: Not sure on that but I think Breathitt will easily beat Somerset this year and should beat Danville as well.
As for the spread offense comment, Danville threw for less than 500yds last year and somerset less than 1,500. That’s far from some unstoppable spread. Now that I typed that, I think Breathitt steam rolls over Somerset and Danville this year.

I think Danville will put Breathitt on a running a clock next season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Walt Longmire
1.) Danville
2.) Somerset
3a.) Breathitt
3b) Leslie
With what I am hearing through the grapevine Danville is loosing some important key players to other schools I honestly look for Danville to finish 3rd in the district. Brown was their entire team last year and if he leaves they are hurting.
Bump
(02-07-2023, 12:50 AM)Black Hammer Wrote: With the districts being finalized for the ‘23 season, how do we see this district panning out? I am not very familiar with the Briar Jumpers or Admirals, but seem to have both struggled last season. Leslie county loses most of their core other than QB. Breathitt county seems to have reloaded with tons of talent coming back only with a question mark at QB. How do you all feel like this district will pan out? I’m gonna take 
1.)Breathitt (3-0)
2.) Danville (2-1)
3.) Somerset (1-2)
4.) Leslie (0-3)
Breathitt is loaded with talent, but if they want to run the same offense as last year, they’ve got to find a QB. The talent at that position is just not there. Dillion Stacy is currently their only hope.
What do these teams schedules look like this year?
Does anyone know if Breathitt's schedule has been finalized?
(03-21-2023, 11:55 AM)Wolfeman Wrote: Breathitt is loaded with talent, but if they want to run the same offense as last year, they’ve got to find a QB. The talent at that position is just not there. Dillion Stacy is currently their only hope.

Are you thinking of the same team I am because Breathitt looks only lose about 5 players to graduation. Unless kids transferred, they return something g along the lines of their top 4 rushers, top 3 WRs and a Junior QB that threw for 2,200+ yd.
(03-22-2023, 09:01 PM)fansville Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 11:55 AM)Wolfeman Wrote: Breathitt is loaded with talent, but if they want to run the same offense as last year, they’ve got to find a QB. The talent at that position is just not there. Dillion Stacy is currently their only hope.

Are you thinking of the same team I am because Breathitt looks only lose about 5 players to graduation. Unless kids transferred, they return something g along the lines of their top 4 rushers, top 3 WRs and a Junior QB that threw for 2,200+ yd.
Bryant was the QB this past season and he was a senior. You’re right about the rest of your comment. If they can find a QB that’s capable of running the same offense, then they should have a fantastic season.
(03-22-2023, 11:32 PM)Wolfeman Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 09:01 PM)fansville Wrote:

Bryant was the QB this past season and he was a senior. You’re right about the rest of your comment. If they can find a QB that’s capable of running the same offense, then they should have a fantastic season.
Gotcha, the KHSAA roster has him incorrectly listed as a junior for this past season, that threw me off. His graduation is definitely big shoes to fill and changes things for next season. It may look different next year but I’m sure Coach Moore will find a QB to complement a stable of RBs.
1. Somerset will be the favorite in my humble opinion. Well coached and probably has the most talent.

2. Danville/Breathitt this could be tricky. If Danville had some players transfer, I may give Breathitt the edge. Breathitt has to find a solid QB. There isn’t one on their roster.

4. Leslie loses an all state receiver(maybe the best to ever suit for them ) an all state o lineman(maybe the best to ever suit for them) and a second solid receiver. They do
Return a solid QB with fast feet and a big arm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MountainBaller's post:
  • Deuce8
I've read a lot on here about Somerset. So I had to go check things out for myself because a lot of stuff posted on here by some users is usually hear say or simply wrong.
So I made a few stop to the briar patch, and here's what I know, and found out.
Complete turn around, more discipline. 30+ at 6am workouts more in the evening ao numbers are up, and a lot of speed and they look very strong.
The think what stuck out was over 16 lineman yes I said that, and mostly freshman and huge at that. By junior year I could see it being the biggest line tackle to tackle for them. Tons of talent, and new talent.
They lost guy to lovely Corbin but that's parents for you, but they still got deep backs. Somerset looks to be ready to be dangerous this year. New look, new offensive style. I hate the way the change came, but the changes are showing in a good way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes foozeball80's post:
  • Walt Longmire
(04-04-2023, 02:54 PM)MountainBaller Wrote: 1. Somerset will be the favorite in my humble opinion. Well coached and probably has the most talent.

2. Danville/Breathitt this could be tricky. If Danville had some players transfer, I may give Breathitt the edge. Breathitt has to find a  solid QB. There isn’t one on their roster.

4. Leslie loses an all state receiver(maybe the best to ever suit for them ) an all state o lineman(maybe the best to ever suit for them) and a second solid receiver. They do
WOAH! Let's not be prisoners of the moment. Leslie loses two key players but you've got it twisted if you think either were the best two suit up in their respective positions. Dan Baker WR and Blake Asher OT were real All State players not a honorable mention. 

Baker had 20 touchdown catches in one season and 2,140 yards on his career.

Asher was a AP 1st team/Courier Journal 2nd team All State Offensive Tackle as a senior in 2015. He only played Offensive Line for two seasons.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Road Dog's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
(04-10-2023, 03:09 PM)Road Dog Wrote:
(04-04-2023, 02:54 PM)MountainBaller Wrote: 1. Somerset will be the favorite in my humble opinion. Well coached and probably has the most talent.

2. Danville/Breathitt this could be tricky. If Danville had some players transfer, I may give Breathitt the edge. Breathitt has to find a  solid QB. There isn’t one on their roster.

WOAH! Let's not be prisoners of the moment. Leslie loses two key players but you've got it twisted if you think either were the best two suit up in their respective positions. Dan Baker WR and Blake Asher OT were real All State players not a honorable mention. 

Asher was a AP 1st team/Courier Journal 2nd team All State Offensive Tackle as a senior in 2015. He only played Offensive Line for two seasons.

You beat me to it!
(04-10-2023, 04:18 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:

You beat me to it!
Somebody had to say it. You can say they're losing key players without being delusional.
(04-11-2023, 10:52 AM)Road Dog Wrote:
(04-10-2023, 04:18 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:

You beat me to it!
Somebody had to say it. You can say they're losing key players without being delusional.
Long time LC fan here and I agree 100%.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • Road Dog
It appears that a player or 2 from the Ads are on the move. Another forum states possible destination are down the road to BC or a few countries north to LCA.
It will be an interesting district for sure, excited to watch all these teams compete. Baker and Asher were great players too, not trying to start a war, chill.
1. Breathitt
2. Somerset
3. Leslie County
4. Danville
Breathitt and Somerset separating themselves from the pack?
(05-31-2023, 09:37 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Breathitt and Somerset separating themselves from the pack?

Serious question, what moves has somerset done to separate themselves other than the bottom two losing so much from last season?
Last I heard somerset lost their leading rusher who had almost 1,400yds with the next closest guy at 400 then 150.
Somerset just hired in my opinion one of the best available coaches that is a championship caliber coach and has the right mindset. You’re right, they lost a good player but Somerset will trend upwards from here on out. Then I look for Somerset to attract athletes and might become the destination of choice in Pulaski County. Of course that is  argumentative but can become a real possibility if he builds Somerset into a championship program and I think he will.
(05-31-2023, 11:52 AM)fansville Wrote:
(05-31-2023, 09:37 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Breathitt and Somerset separating themselves from the pack?

Serious question, what moves has somerset done to separate themselves other than the bottom two losing so much from last season?
Last I heard somerset lost their leading rusher who had almost 1,400yds with the next closest guy at 400 then 150.

Addition by subtraction.

(05-31-2023, 11:52 AM)fansville Wrote:

Addition by subtraction.
If I’m building a program. It starts with the hire. Talent can only go so far. The coach is the difference between winning and losing when it counts. Don’t ask me how I know this.
From an outsider's perspective of the few times I got to see Somerset play over the past two seasons, I would say Bailey put up stats moreso out of necessity than overall ability. He was a good ballplayer, but no better than any of the stable of RBs that Somerset had in 18-20 that put up way less yardage. Somerset just didn't have the horses the last couple of seasons so they ran the ball more than they had in the years prior.
Somerset lost a really good athlete in Bailey. He was also one of their better defenders as well. But it’s not just Bailey and the graduating class they lose. There’s a couple would be seniors that aren’t going back and while they’re replaceable, they did put up decent numbers last year and you lose some leadership. Plus, they graduated all but one on the O-line. They still have talent. A coupe nice QBs, a couple really speedy receivers, and they have a couple running backs to utilize. The cupboard isn’t bare, it’s just a little depleted right now and they are young, again.

I think their new coach will be fine but there’s still a long road ahead if they don’t get some immediate help and last I had heard there’s no OC or DC.

Breathitt could almost sleepwalk to a district title this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DangerMouse's post:
  • Deuce8
Breathitt should easily win the district 
Look for big things out of Sperry
I bet his offers in football climb like basketball
(02-07-2023, 04:30 PM)Black Hammer Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 03:42 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 02:03 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Danville has a freshman QB that is going to be hard to handle for the next 4 years. Breathitt and Leslie are going to struggle to contain all the athletes that Danville will put on the field.
These athletes you mention, will not be too hard to contain if they don't have a strong line blocking for them. Rumor is, two of the best lineman at Danville are on their way, or already have enrolled at Boyle. Regardless, I look for Danville to always be competitive and field a talented team. Too much pride and tradition to stay down, too long. Breathitt will be much improved, especially on defense. If Breathitt can recruit a QB, or develop a younger QB, they will compete with anyone in 2A.
You’re right sir, they’re already Rebels. Danville takes a bit losing them.
By what we've seen in the portal and are hearing we'd put it like this. 

1. Breathitt Co.
2. Danville
2. Somerset
3. Leslie Co. 

As a previous poster stated the loss of everything up front is tough to overcome at any level. We give Danville the slight nudge ahead because of those deficiencies but that program and school district is headed in the wrong direction.
(02-17-2023, 01:23 PM)fansville Wrote: Not sure on that but I think Breathitt will easily beat Somerset this year and should beat Danville as well.
As for the spread offense comment, Danville threw for less than 500yds last year and somerset less than 1,500. That’s far from some unstoppable spread. Now that I typed that, I think Breathitt steam rolls over Somerset and Danville this year.
Still feeling confident in the bobcats that are ranked at the bottom of 2a?
(09-25-2023, 02:01 AM)b00bs98 Wrote:
Still feeling confident in the bobcats that are ranked at the bottom of 2a?
This ain’t the burn you think it is. Btw your on a highschool sports thread, change your name