Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Jones
David Jones to Mingo Central!!
Congratulations to David glad to see him come back
WV football sucks! :p
Went back home. How good is Mingo County?
Great hire for Mingo

He’ll be able to keep a lot of kids in the county that may have traditionally gone to Belfry.
Didn’t Jones get shot in WV a few years ago ??
[-] The following 1 user Likes TigerBlues's post:
  • jetpilot
(01-31-2023, 01:25 PM)TigerBlues Wrote: Didn’t Jones get shot in WV a few years ago ??

Dang it TB if you would have kept coming to the meetings at Mouthcard you would know the answer is yes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • TigerBlues
(02-01-2023, 06:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(01-31-2023, 01:25 PM)TigerBlues Wrote: Didn’t Jones get shot in WV a few years ago ??

Dang it TB if you would have kept coming to the meetings at Mouthcard you would know the answer is yes.
??? JP I do miss that drive to Vansant sometimes ! Mouthcard still my fav place !
[-] The following 1 user Likes TigerBlues's post:
  • jetpilot
His stint at Bourbon County doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, but best of luck.
(02-02-2023, 10:09 AM)WhoSane Wrote: His stint at Bourbon County doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, but best of luck.
In all fairness, he’s been faced with limited talent in a very very difficult 4A district (Boyle and Lex Cath).   In fact, the wins he did garner were primarily due to him bringing in some Lexington/Scott Co talent.  If he had depended on BC talent only….probably wouldnt have won a single game.     Despite the critics, I think he did an admirable job there.  Very tough place to coach….just ask Dudley Hilton.
I agree OJW, everyone knew it would be hard to have much success in that district. Congrats and Good Luck on the new gig. What kind of talent does Mingo have coming up? I know they haven’t been very good at the high school level recently. Any chance they schedule Belfry in the near future? Any chance they come back to the Pike Co Bowl again? Their last time wasn’t too pleasant.
Jones' Record:
2016 Phelps 4-6
2017 Phelps 5-6
2018 Phelps 5-6
2019 Bourbon Co. 4-6
2020 Bourbon Co. 1-6-2**
2021 Bourbon Co. 5-6
2022 Bourbon Co. 5-6
2023 Mingo Central ???
[-] The following 1 user Likes Real Badman's post:
  • Truewords
(02-03-2023, 10:02 AM)Real Badman Wrote: Jones' Record:
2016 Phelps 4-6
2017 Phelps 5-6
2018 Phelps 5-6
2019 Bourbon Co. 4-6
2020 Bourbon Co. 1-6-2**
2021 Bourbon Co. 5-6
2022 Bourbon Co. 5-6
2023 Mingo Central ???
Records not bad considering where were before. I know he got the community of Phelps back behind football and had several kids get opportunity to play college football. Same at Bourbon. Coaching High School is not all about wins and losses. Improving kids lives plays a big part. From everything I’ve seen kids love and want to play for him. Nothing but best wishes for Mingo County and their kids. Hope he continues leaving a mark on the young people.
(02-02-2023, 10:30 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 10:09 AM)WhoSane Wrote: His stint at Bourbon County doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, but best of luck.
In all fairness, he’s been faced with limited talent in a very very difficult 4A district (Boyle and Lex Cath).   In fact, the wins he did garner were primarily due to him bringing in some Lexington/Scott Co talent.  If he had depended on BC talent only….probably wouldnt have won a single game.     Despite the critics, I think he did an admirable job there.  Very tough place to coach….just ask Dudley Hilton.

Most of their talent pool being a 15-30 minute drive from Frederick Douglass probably didn't help much either. I would bet that a decent amount of their students live closer to Bryan Station and Frederick Douglass than they do BCHS anyways.