Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2023
GO RAMS
Watched the interior run game at practice tonight. Have to say I was impressed. A lot of different looks, several lineman really working their tails off trying to earn spots. Salmons very vocal and animated. Atmosphere seemed a little lighter than usual. I came awa feeling a lot better about the run game than I had previously thought.
(08-03-2023, 11:31 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 09:39 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: My feelings remain the same as they were then.  I have no issues with transfers as long as there is no sketchy crap to them. I could care less about addresses. Fairview has kids use relatives addresses, big deal. It happens everywhere. The issue I had was a handful of school jobs that were created/given to parents and actual homes purchased or at least properties made available for certain families to move in district. But the world is a little different now and I agree whole heartedly that they need to just do away with transfer restrictions all together. Let kids go play where they want to. At the end of the day, it’s not going to matter 100 years from now where anyone played Hs football.
Except for out of state kids. If you’re out of state then you need a change of address because that brings in the whole tax payers thing. Stay in the state you live in to play sports

What a strange thing to say when Raceland had a starting line player last year who had the Rams yard cards outside his house in the middle of Ironton all season long.  And what about the Symmes Valley player?  The Fairview "changes of address" back in the day were just as legit as the Raceland "changes of address".  The Screaming Eagles just had more of them.
(08-04-2023, 08:42 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 09:39 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: My feelings remain the same as they were then.  I have no issues with transfers as long as there is no sketchy crap to them. I could care less about addresses. Fairview has kids use relatives addresses, big deal. It happens everywhere. The issue I had was a handful of school jobs that were created/given to parents and actual homes purchased or at least properties made available for certain families to move in district. But the world is a little different now and I agree whole heartedly that they need to just do away with transfer restrictions all together. Let kids go play where they want to. At the end of the day, it’s not going to matter 100 years from now where anyone played Hs football.
Except for out of state kids. If you’re out of state then you need a change of address because that brings in the whole tax payers thing. Stay in the state you live in to play sports

What a strange thing to say when Raceland had a starting line player last year who had the Rams yard cards outside his house in the middle of Ironton all season long.  And what about the Symmes Valley player?  The Fairview "changes of address" back in the day were just as legit as the Raceland "changes of address".  The Screaming Eagles just had more of them.
It’s not a strange thing to say. I said what I meant and I meant what I said. Stay in your state or make a legit move to the state you attend school at. Idc if it’s Raceland or anywhere else
(08-04-2023, 09:05 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(08-04-2023, 08:42 AM)16thregioner Wrote:

It’s not a strange thing to say. I said what I meant and I meant what I said. Stay in your state or make a legit move to the state you attend school at. Idc if it’s Raceland or anywhere else

It is a strange thing to say, considering you're still sweating Fairview about things everybody does now from a decade ago and has done forever, and they play with their own guys now more than any other school in this area with the exception of Green (Ohio).
Any update on the scrimmage w Wheelersburg? Can we stop the run? Can we run the ball? I was hoping to provide updates but couldn’t make it.
(08-11-2023, 08:07 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Any update on the scrimmage w Wheelersburg? Can we stop the run? Can we run the ball? I was hoping to provide updates but couldn’t make it.

7-0 Wheelersburg end of 1st quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(08-11-2023, 08:36 PM)Jarons Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 08:07 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Any update on the scrimmage w Wheelersburg? Can we stop the run? Can we run the ball? I was hoping to provide updates but couldn’t make it.

How you watching it ?
(08-11-2023, 08:39 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 08:36 PM)Jarons Wrote:

How you watching it ?

I'm not. Facebook update from Raceland Football
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jarons's post:
  • RAMDAD50
14-0 Wheelersburg at the half
Lack of putting points up is concerning
21-0 end of 3rd
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Is JV playing the 4th?
Wheelersburg has a very good team again this year, should be better than last year especially throwing the football. I would be concerned about the offense; however, Pirates basically brought nearly their entire back seven back. At times last year they played two freshmen, two sophomores and a junior in the secondary. They will be stride-for-stride with Ironton in Division V.

Nothing to be ashamed of, and I didn’t see the scrimmage, but agree that if you are not getting anything there’s certainly work to do to be the class of 1A.