Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zeke Eier Resigns As Whitley County Head Football Coach
(01-26-2023, 06:48 PM)64SUR Wrote: I’m hearing coach Haddix will be in attendance tomorrow night at Whitley county basketball game.
are you serious
Wouldn’t that be something? Haddix back in Whitley County! Roll out the carpet BaBy! Wonder how bad Tommy would cry, or Dave. I’m sure they would swing the pendulum of the kids. And in a year or 2 they would be smoking some hound hind end.

Why would he come back here and leave another title winning team for 2024? I just can’t get past that thought. Don’t make a lot of sense. On the outside looking in, Boyle is top 3 job in the state of KY.
(01-25-2023, 01:56 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: "resigns" is code for Whitley County politics at work.

Yep.   Zeke did an admirable job. Fine, fine young coach.

(01-26-2023, 10:05 AM)jamesdeane Wrote:
(01-26-2023, 09:44 AM)Grannyshot Wrote: You heard it here first... Dont be surprised when it comes from the Redhound family tree.
Mills and Mouser both coached at Whitley County about 4 years ago. That was what got the ball rolling that forced Haddix out at Corbin. Corbin Superintendant Dave Cox was supplying Corbin teaching jobs for Whitley County coaches but wouldn't supply teaching jobs for their replacements at Corbin. After 3 straight championships at Boyle, Dave Cox looks pretty stupid right now.

He's never exactly been a Rhodes scholar.  Just a "good ol' boy" and not a very smart one at that. Cox's legacy will be the man most responsible for zero Corbin state championship titles in 60 years.

(01-27-2023, 01:03 AM)HighViz Wrote: Wouldn’t that be something? Haddix back in Whitley County! Roll out the carpet BaBy! Wonder how bad Tommy would cry, or Dave. I’m sure they would swing the pendulum of the kids. And in a year or 2 they would be smoking some hound hind end.

Why would he come back here and leave another title winning team for 2024? I just can’t get past that thought. Don’t make a lot of sense. On the outside looking in, Boyle is top 3 job in the state of KY.

Competitive guys like Haddix are always looking for new challenges, whether it be try to build up a struggling program or trying to bring a title back to a town that hasn't won one in 40 years.

(01-26-2023, 06:48 PM)64SUR Wrote: I’m hearing coach Haddix will be in attendance tomorrow night at Whitley county basketball game.

Yep.

And guess who Whitley plays ?   Cool

Question is, will Coach H. be there to check out Whitley Co or some of his future talent from just north of there  ....  Curry , Elam , Pietrowski, Stewart ???
Haddix has made it well know to many people that he has no interest in coming back to this area. His family seems to have settled in the Boyle County community very nicely. They bought a new home there that they would have to sell. Their kids would have change schools again. Its not like college where someone could throw unlimited amounts of money at him. As far as new challenges, I would think it is a huge challenge to keep a program at the same level as the Boyle County program is at year after year.

I think Mills from Corbin makes a big push for the Whitley job. He son just transferred from Indiana State to The Cumberlands. I also think Rhymer is an interesting choice.
Haddix to Whitley, that’s just silly talk and can be filed away under things that are never going to happen.

Now that we have that nonsense out of the way, If the Whitley job goes to anyone other than Rhymer I will be surprised.
(01-27-2023, 01:03 AM)HighViz Wrote: Wouldn’t that be something? Haddix back in Whitley County! Roll out the carpet BaBy! Wonder how bad Tommy would cry, or Dave. I’m sure they would swing the pendulum of the kids. And in a year or 2 they would be smoking some hound hind end.

it would be funny to see Whitley County get the best coach and some transfers. lol
(01-27-2023, 09:44 AM)jamesdeane Wrote: Haddix has made it well know to many people that he has no interest in coming back to this area. His family seems to have settled in the Boyle County community very nicely. They bought a new home there that they would have to sell. Their kids would have change schools again. Its not like college where someone could throw unlimited amounts of money at him. As far as new challenges, I would think it is a huge challenge to keep a program at the same level as the Boyle County program is at year after year.

I think Mills from Corbin makes a big push for the Whitley job. He son just transferred from Indiana State to The Cumberlands. I also think Rhymer is an interesting choice.

I'm a life long Colonel that might become a Corbin fan if they make that hire. That would ruin the whole world. it's already bad enough.
What happened with Rhymer at Cumberlands? Seemed like he had them playing at a decent level.
(01-27-2023, 09:44 AM)jamesdeane Wrote: Haddix has made it well know to many people that he has no interest in coming back to this area. His family seems to have settled in the Boyle County community very nicely. They bought a new home there that they would have to sell. Their kids would have change schools again. Its not like college where someone could throw unlimited amounts of money at him. As far as new challenges, I would think it is a huge challenge to keep a program at the same level as the Boyle County program is at year after year.

It’s Rhymer’s job and everyone knows it. The coaching carousel at Whitley is a travesty of Justice. The kids deserve so much better than what they’ve been given. How many basketball head coaches has Jamie Fuson had in four years at Whitley? How many Head Coaches will Tye Hamblin have in football in four years at Whitley? It’s a shame honestly that the good people of Whitley County allow this to take place. For every action there is a reaction and when Whitley done Chappell wrong is when Karma bit them. If Whitley would have left Chappell alone he would have built a winning program because all the Whitley kids that left after his departure would have stayed. Let’s see, Chappell, Irwin, Eier, Rhymer ( four coaches in six years I believe?) basketball same thing, Overbay, Estes, White, Sword all in same time period. Kids need stability in coaching not a new one every year because of agendas of administration. Time for change in Whitley. Need a superintendent who supports the kids in all sports not just baseball.
(01-25-2023, 01:56 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: "resigns" is code for Whitley County politics at work.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Eier's hiring a "political job" in the first place?

I'm 99.9% positive he had a family member on the school board or administration at Whitley Co or some such thing, and despite far more qualified candidates applying for the job, he ended up getting the job.
(01-27-2023, 11:58 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:

It’s Rhymer’s job and everyone knows it. The coaching carousel at Whitley is a travesty of Justice. The kids deserve so much better than what they’ve been given. How many basketball head coaches has Jamie Fuson had in four years at Whitley? How many Head Coaches will Tye Hamblin have in football in four years at Whitley? It’s a shame honestly that the good people of Whitley County allow this to take place. For every action there is a reaction and when Whitley done Chappell wrong is when Karma bit them. If Whitley would have left Chappell alone he would have built a winning program because all the Whitley kids that left after his departure would have stayed. Let’s see, Chappell, Irwin, Eier, Rhymer ( four coaches in six years I believe?) basketball same thing, Overbay, Estes, White, Sword all in same time period. Kids need stability in coaching not a new one every year because of agendas of administration. Time for change in Whitley. Need a superintendent who supports the kids in all sports not just baseball.
How do we achieve this?
(01-27-2023, 01:50 PM)Momma Wrote:

Estes was never the boys head coach. Eier was set op for failure from the beginning. He did not have enough experience to be a head coach, and struggled making decisions on the hard calls. He tried to much to be a people pleaser instead of just making the decisions
You made a new account to say that?
(01-27-2023, 10:21 PM)TheOracle Wrote:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Eier's hiring a "political job" in the first place?

I'm 99.9% positive he had a family member on the school board or administration at Whitley Co or some such thing, and despite far more qualified candidates applying for the job, he ended up getting the job.

I didn't know that, but I'm not in the clique
(01-27-2023, 01:50 PM)Momma Wrote:

Estes was never the boys head coach. Eier was set op for failure from the beginning. He did not have enough experience to be a head coach, and struggled making decisions on the hard calls. He tried to much to be a people pleaser instead of just making the decisions
I was certain after Estes daughter graduated he moved over to coach his boys one season. But either way too much coaching changes in Whitley.

Haddix lobbied hard for a D1 college OC job last year.  He had been all but promised one, but the offer never came.  That coach is on the hotseat now, so I doubt if Haddix would take a chance of going there now if offered.
(01-30-2023, 11:36 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

Haddix lobbied hard for a D1 college OC job last year.  He had been all but promised one, but the offer never came.  That coach is on the hotseat now, so I doubt if Haddix would take a chance of going there now if offered.
Tell me more! I have to know. You must be pretty close to Justin Haddix and college coaches! 
From what I know, he has 3 young children and don’t need the money. Why would someone want to stay on the road and coach college football when you are a top tier High School program, less than 5 miles from work! I’ll take your word for it, but I just don’t understand.
(01-31-2023, 12:30 AM)HighViz Wrote:

Tell me more! I have to know. You must be pretty close to Justin Haddix and college coaches! 
From what I know, he has 3 young children and don’t need the money. Why would someone want to stay on the road and coach college football when you are a top tier High School program, less than 5 miles from work! I’ll take your word for it, but I just don’t understand.

Because almost every D1 college coach is making 300 to 500 thousand a year now minimum some north of a million. I get financially the Haddix's are in pretty good shape but I don't know anyone that doesn't want to do better that cares and I also know a lot of high school coach would love to eventually be the head coach of a huge D-1 program in front of 50,000 to 100,000 fans on Saturday working for millions a season.

High school coach one year, D1 OC the next. That would have been a heck of a story!!