Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This One's For Jetpilot: Songs About Planes , Trains, & Automobiles ...
I was thinking about a music thread that I could dedicate to my friend, Jetpilot.  I got to thinking about some of my favorite songs or groups that featured the name "Jet" or "Plane" in the title or maybe references a Jet or Plane somewhere in the song.  What are some of your favorite songs from the past that either has a mode of transportation in the title or makes reference to that transportation somewhere in the song. I'll start with some of my favorite "Jet" or "Plane"  songs.  I always love the opening riffs in this song. One of the best openings of a song ever, imo.

I was a big fan of Paul McCartney's band, "Wings."  I thought they mde some incredible music in the early and mid '70's .    Here's  Paul, Linda, & the band doing "Jet."

Whenver I hear Elton's "Daniel," I alwys think of the first lines of that song. It's also the mental image I get when I listen to it.  Seeing those red tail lights of the plane as it takes off for Spain. 

"Daniel is traveling tonight on a plane
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
And I can see Daniel waving goodbye
Oh it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes"

A John Denver classic.  Sadly, as many of you know, Mr. Denver perished in a plane crash. This song brings back memories from childhood.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
My favorite "Plane" band with a 1989 song about planes.

Peter Paul & Mary
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • jetpilot
(02-04-2023, 03:17 PM)Granny Bear Wrote:

Peter Paul & Mary

Yep. Love their version, as well. Brings back a lot memories when I was a young child.

I love this group.

Although it’s not necessarily in the title or lyrics, here to me is the quintessential ‘jet plane’ song.

[-] The following 2 users Like Van Hagar's post:
  • Granny Bear, jetpilot
Haha good stuff. Right back at my buddy OSH

George Thorogood belongs in the underrated thread as well...
(02-05-2023, 11:47 PM)jetpilot Wrote: George Thorogood belongs in the underrated thread as well...

Thanks for "Me and You & a Dog Named Boo."
Always loved LOBO. Had his greatest hits CD a few years back.  I wore it out. Some awesome stuff on there.