Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scotty Hopson (Ranked 8th in ESPN Top 150) Will Not Sign His LOI this Week!!
Evan Daniels is reporting at Scout.com that Scotty Hopson will not sign this week with Mississippi State because he is not ready. This is certainly good news for UK. There had been rumors floating around that Scotty wanted to come to UK and had been talking with BCG about it. He would definitely be a great get for the CATS!!

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=4115

Here is a link to his profile as well for those of you who are interested.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8...id=2637717
That'd be nice. I'd rather save the scholarship for a big man for 09' though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So you would pass up a kid ranked inside the top 10? I agree we need a big man, but a top 10 prospect would be hard to turn down no matter what position he plays.
Kentucky is now real interested in a big man from Houston. He is supposed to be getting training from Wilt Chamberlin, and he is origianally from the Bahamas. His name is Dwight Miller, and is a 3* according to Rivals.com.
blackcat_student Wrote:Kentucky is now real interested in a big man from Houston. He is supposed to be getting training from Wilt Chamberlin, and he is origianally from the Bahamas. His name is Dwight Miller, and is a 3* according to Rivals.com.
Wilt Chamberlin? This kid must be a medium then because Wilt the Stilt is dead.
Excuse me but isn't Wilt Dead..U.K. has had to many stiffs under the basket in recent years.
blackcat_student Wrote:Kentucky is now real interested in a big man from Houston. He is supposed to be getting training from Wilt Chamberlin, and he is origianally from the Bahamas. His name is Dwight Miller, and is a 3* according to Rivals.com.

Slightly mistaken, but close...

Akeem Olajuwan has been working with the big fella. last year he only averaged 8.3 a game but he had a very nice summer and could move up in the rankings during his senior season. 6'8 220 i believe also
BCF4L Wrote:So you would pass up a kid ranked inside the top 10? I agree we need a big man, but a top 10 prospect would be hard to turn down no matter what position he plays.

Yes. We already have two players just like him in the top 30 coming in next year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty is an outstanding player. I got to watch him during the Paintsville Hoops Classic last year. He is a high flyer. He's a tough guy to stop on the offensive side, and he can jump out of the gym.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Wilt Chamberlin? This kid must be a medium then because Wilt the Stilt is dead.

BigZig Wrote:Excuse me but isn't Wilt Dead..U.K. has had to many stiffs under the basket in recent years.

corndog23 Wrote:Slightly mistaken, but close...

Akeem Olajuwan has been working with the big fella. last year he only averaged 8.3 a game but he had a very nice summer and could move up in the rankings during his senior season. 6'8 220 i believe also

Smile ... Got'em mixed up... For give me Lord.
I would rather have a big man for the 2008 entering class, but if we can't land a good one we could do worse than than having Scotty Hopson on the team. If we have a leftover scholarship we might as well use it.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I say if you can sign a top 10 player..THEN YOU SIGN A TOP 10 PLAYER!