Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bourbon Co open
Coach Jones have told team he would not be returning next season
Where he heading
Mingo Central! It has not been officially announced but it’s a done deal
Does this guy stay at any place more than 1 or 2 years?
(01-15-2023, 09:30 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Does this guy stay at any place more than 1 or 2 years?
He was at Phelps 3 years and Bourbon County 4 years so yes he does.
Belfry in his future??
If he goes to Mingo like is being rumored, Belfry is in trouble with the disaster that is their other boys sports programs
The Colonels must start their search within their own halls with Justin Roe, who returned to his alma mater under John Hodge and remained in a administrative position. Roe is very involved with youth sports within the community so the level of interest at this moment may not be there.

Outside of alumni the Colonels should turn their eyes to their powerful neighbors up the road in Frederick Douglass and try and poach some members of that staff. Head girls basketball coach Darryl Watkins is beloved in the community so why not reach out to Evander Harris or Jeffrey Poe.

The main question is how desireable is the Bourbon job? It should be pretty desireable now that they're out of the district with Boyle and Catholic and just with Catholic now. Bourbon must decide if they want to play the game the way it is being played in todays day and age and I'm not talking X's and O's and thats across their athletic landscape.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nations Elite's post:
  • Cledog30
heard any news on the coaching search
I don't think Coach Roe would be interested. But I've not talked to him in while. Just wouldn't think so.
(01-25-2023, 11:03 PM)BEChargers Wrote: I don't think Coach Roe would be interested.  But I've not talked to him in while.  Just wouldn't think so.

Can you send a great coach to my team?
Didn’t start interviews till This Wednesday..
Heard a couple names from a parent they include former assistants and a former coach. Listed below:

Craig Foley
Alex Wells
Neil Furnish
John Hodge

Not sure any of these create the splash the Bourbon County fan base may be looking for.
(02-07-2023, 12:06 PM)Nations Elite Wrote: Heard a couple names from a parent they include former assistants and a former coach. Listed below:

Craig Foley
Alex Wells
Neil Furnish
John Hodge

Not sure any of these create the splash the Bourbon County fan base may be looking for.

What kind of a splash do you think they're looking for?
(02-07-2023, 03:40 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(02-07-2023, 12:06 PM)Nations Elite Wrote: Heard a couple names from a parent they include former assistants and a former coach. Listed below:

Craig Foley
Alex Wells
Neil Furnish
John Hodge

What kind of a splash do you think they're looking for?

They should do whatever they have to do to get DAVID BUCHANON there at Bourbon!
[-] The following 2 users Like ROTC's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!
(01-26-2023, 02:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 11:03 PM)BEChargers Wrote: I don't think Coach Roe would be interested.  But I've not talked to him in while.  Just wouldn't think so.

Can you send a great coach to my team?

There are some good ones out there.  Unfortunately it takes more than the coach.  Admin, community, feeders.  I'm in your corner PJ, I met my wife in Willyburg and my nephew was an all american golfer at UC.  I'll see what I can do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • pjdoug
Colonels named Bret Baierlein HC yesterday.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nations Elite's post:
  • BEChargers, jlow
(02-18-2023, 11:02 PM)Nations Elite Wrote: Colonels named Bret Baierlein HC yesterday.

Solid Hire for bourbon IMO.  I think he stays for a long term, this is what this program needs.   They have some talent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • jlow
You won’t see any big name coaches come to Bourbon until Bourbon and Paris come together. Heard this from several big name coaches and other alumni from both schools. Paris Coach applied but only did so to get more thing done at Paris..
(02-23-2023, 02:02 PM)Cledog30 Wrote: You won’t see any big name coaches come to Bourbon until Bourbon and Paris come together. Heard this from several big name coaches and other alumni from both schools. Paris Coach applied but only did so to get more thing done at Paris..
Never say never, but it will never happen-lol. I have ask some people from Paris about it, they told me Paris gets some kind of land grant $$$ it's a huge amount each year or something of that nature really can't remember, the correct reason to keep Paris independent. If merge the money goes away.