Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Carolina @ Kentucky
Well, I’ve almost lost any hope this UK team is going to turn the corner! Defense is horrible, no hustle and fight for loose balls and rebounds, and that’s just a lack of desire and hustle, outside of Oscar.
Yeah we got a bunch of guys watching Oscar work hard
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • rookie57
They may not have Final Four , or even Elite Eight talent on this team,but they sure as hel should be beating teams like Missouri and South Carolina. When a team is underperforming this badly, it is almost always an internal or chemistry issue. Something's amiss outside the lines of the basketball court.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • rookie57
(01-12-2023, 02:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: They may not have Final Four , or even Elite Eight talent on this team,but they sure as hel should be beating  teams like Missouri and South Carolina. When a team is underperforming this badly, it is almost always an internal or chemistry issue. Something's amiss  outside the lines of the basketball court.
I think that is part of the problem along with Cal, I hope he leaves for Texas and I’m not on the team of people wanting Cal to stay 1 more year because of next years recruiting class. If Cal leaves and the recruits go with him, bye Felicia, I’m ready for a change, and I’ll stick with that if Cal leaves and we go 50/50 in games next year
(01-12-2023, 05:06 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 02:29 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: They may not have Final Four , or even Elite Eight talent on this team,but they sure as hel should be beating  teams like Missouri and South Carolina. When a team is underperforming this badly, it is almost always an internal or chemistry issue. Something's amiss  outside the lines of the basketball court.
I think that is part of the problem along with Cal, I hope he leaves for Texas and I’m not on the team of people wanting Cal to stay 1 more year because of next years recruiting class. If Cal leaves and the recruits go with him, bye Felicia, I’m ready for a change, and I’ll stick with that if Cal leaves and we go 50/50 in games next year

Rook, what three coaches would top your list as replacements for Cal?  A lot of fans were saying they wanted Pitino or Pearl or Sean Miller. There's baggage with each of those, yet all are very good coaches. Some would like Jay Wright, Mark Few or Billy Donovan but I doubt any of those would take the job. Who would be your choice?
Out of the six you listed, I would choose Donovan or Pitino. I name two because Donovan has turned it down before and I doubt he would take it.

I'm afraid UK traditions are close to dissolving because of Cal's philosophy and coaching. it's sad.
Remind you of another program, OSH?
(01-12-2023, 05:17 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Rook, what three coaches would top your list as replacements for Cal?  A lot of fans were saying they wanted Pitino or Pearl or Sean Miller. There's baggage with each of those, yet all are very good coaches. Some would like Jay Wright, Mark Few or Billy Donovan but I doubt any of those would take the job. Who would be your choice?
I’m not smart enough to say who would be a good fit for UK. I would think it’s a very tuff job and some coaches might even be afraid of it. I think Donovan would be worth the risk if he’d take it. I dint like the thought of EITHER pitino, and as much as I don’t like the guy I think Pearl could handle it. I’m just tired of Cal, he brought us some good years, but I just think he’s produced because he recruits very good, but the game has passed him up and he’s shot his best shot, and I think the hand writing is on the wall and even die hard Cal support are now finally realizing it.
(01-12-2023, 05:17 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Got to love the people who say we are forced to keep on sucking. You can spot them a mile away. Even though Cal has ruined UK basketball it is still one of the top jobs in all of sports.