Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MCHS football next year?
Every since Chester Mcoy has been head coach the hornets program has been looking up! So what do you think about next year?
Who do they have returning?
I think Chester should consider coming to Lawrence County.
lawrencefan Wrote:I think Chester should consider coming to Lawrence County.
Im sorry but i really dont see that happening! But good luck with finding a good coach.
I actually think they will be contenders next year.
Codeman Wrote:Im sorry but i really dont see that happening! But good luck with finding a good coach.

I could very well see this happening. Every since Coach McCoy took over the Magoffin Co. program it has been a complete turn around. This program now has accomplished something it hadnt done in 12 years, make the playoffs. McCoy teachs good fundemental football with hard hitting assignment defense. McCoy has coached as an assistant of some pretty good teams like Johnson Central, Sheldon Clark, and Greenup Co. so he knows what is to be expected out of big programs. As much as the community has supported the Magoffin Co. program in the past 2 seasons, football will never be as much importance as it is to the community of Lawrence Co. Lawrence Co. loves football and has built a name for itself through football. I think Lawrence Co. should look long and hard about McCoy as a candidate and if he is offered the position, I would be highly surprised that he would turn it down. Just one mans opinion.
fan_14 Wrote:I actually think they will be contenders next year.

MC's program is on the rise, but they are still about 3 or 4 years from being able to contend with Belfry. The goal of Magoffin next year should be to host a home playoff game and go one step further than this season. with all that SC will be losing this is somewhat plausible, but still would be a reach.
Kayaker Wrote:I could very well see this happening. Every since Coach McCoy took over the Magoffin Co. program it has been a complete turn around. This program now has accomplished something it hadnt done in 12 years, make the playoffs. McCoy teachs good fundemental football with hard hitting assignment defense. McCoy has coached as an assistant of some pretty good teams like Johnson Central, Sheldon Clark, and Greenup Co. so he knows what is to be expected out of big programs. As much as the community has supported the Magoffin Co. program in the past 2 seasons, football will never be as much importance as it is to the community of Lawrence Co. Lawrence Co. loves football and has built a name for itself through football. I think Lawrence Co. should look long and hard about McCoy as a candidate and if he is offered the position, I would be highly surprised that he would turn it down. Just one mans opinion.

man ur plum crazy
Magoffin will get better with each year, but they will not compete with Belfry or Sheldon Clark for sometime.
SC has the best freshmen class it has had in a long time and starts several sophmores on both sides of the ball. SC and Belfry will remain the top of the district for quite some time. That said Magoffin could easily slide up to the 3 spot next year.
From what everyone is saying from people there will be alot of players coming out for Coach Mccoy next season now that they know they have a good coach. An has made something happen at the MC program.
I don't know Magoffin lost there fullback plus many seniors. I say in a couple of years we might be ok, but who knows... Magoffin has only had 1 winning season ever I believe. So whenever another team actually has a winning season at Magoffin thats when we know the program has turned around at Magoffin County.
fan_14 Wrote:I actually think they will be contenders next year.

Contenders for what? They can't contend in their own district let alone anything else.
McCoy has unfinished business in Hornetville.
Magoffin will be contenders as long as their as good as east ridge,then they keep making the playoffs and will get better and better and finally be able to play with belfry and sheldon clark. they losed their whole backfield except for freshman (23) colby howard. and a name that everboby will know colby gipson.
Capt. DH Wrote:Contenders for what? They can't contend in their own district let alone anything else.
Man this is for Hornet fans! Dont even reply if it is going to negative. You wait and see in a feww years, Magoffin will be hard competitors. Not saying that there not already, but dont be suprised to see them playing with SC in a few years.
I really like Coach McCoy as a person. I hope that the recent success he has brought to Magoffin Co. will bring more kids out and allow them to become competitive with other teams in their district. Its hard for a 3A team to do well with most of their players playing Iron-Man football. Best of luck next year to the Hornets.
Mr. Mcoy, is a very good coach and yes magoffin football is on the rise and also congrates to all the hornets this year! and many years to come
magoffin#10 Wrote:Magoffin will be contenders as long as their as good as east ridge,then they keep making the playoffs and will get better and better and finally be able to play with belfry and sheldon clark. they losed their whole backfield except for freshman (23) colby howard. and a name that everboby will know colby gipson.

If you gauge what you do in football by what ER does then the season is over before it begins.
Capt. DH Wrote:If you gauge what you do in football by what ER does then the season is over before it begins.

I dont think that is totally correct. Everyone has to start someone. Magoffin Co. has and is showing steady improvement. Now they are a football power and wont be for some time, but they are doing some good things. Before Jim Matney arrived at JC, where were they? Now look how far they have come under the right Coach and a supportive administration. With that said, I dont think Magoffin Co. has the talent and feeder programs that JC has so its going to be a longer process before they can ever be competitive at the top level, but they are on there way.
Codeman Wrote:Man this is for Hornet fans! Dont even reply if it is going to negative. You wait and see in a feww years, Magoffin will be hard competitors. Not saying that there not already, but dont be suprised to see them playing with SC in a few years.

You Tell'em Codeman!
All you folks out there from "successful" programs had better be thankful and remember that things can take a downward turn in just a few years.(Just look at Lawrence Co) I think we ought to let the Magoffin folks enjoy their accomplishments and make positive plans for the future.