Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Belfry Players Going to Marshall
I've heard that G Epling #18 from Belfry last year is planning on transferring to Marshall and I've also heard Doug Howard is planning on walking on.

Not confirmed, but has anyone else heard this?
Belfry0304 Wrote:I've heard that G Epling #18 from Belfry last year is planning on transferring to Marshall and I've also heard Doug Howard is planning on walking on.

Not confirmed, but has anyone else heard this?

Actually G. Epling is. I talked to him about it a month ago. He will be walking on also, one of his KCU teammates told me he was.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doug has been out of football for two years. His success will be determined by how hard he has worked on his skills while sitting out. Wish him the best and we all know Marshall could use all the help they can get.
Doug Howard is def capable of playing at Marshall, but Epling is def not.....the kid has heart but just is not division I material....he is good where he is at and if he transfers will see no playing time and will be disappointed.....
I've been hearing the same things. I'll ask him at the Y.
Like someone else said, Doug is simply a beast, but the Eppling kid is just too small for that size of a school. I'll be interested to hear how Doug will do considering he has been out of football for 3 years.
Im good friends with Doug, he plans on trying out for Marshall next year, or maybe even somewhere bigger, he is as strong as ever an from what I have been hearing from people have saw him running at the Y, he is faster also... Could pan out pretty good for him... IMO he should try out for UK next year they are going to need a big bruising back, to compliment Locke...
A buddy of mine just said Sammy Reed is looking to transfer.
Good luck