Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will go to the State finals?
Any team is beatable at anytime, and Belfry takes nothing for granted. Everything you stated can be said for Russell or any other team in the playoffs at this time. We all want our team to win, but some of these posts are ridiculous!

jgrubby Wrote:I knew you could say something intellegent ukno08, not only beatable but they must first overcome their strengent playoff opponents, that is if they get by the Cardinals first. They will be one banged up team by the end of thier run!!! Don't see them in the finals though. Although they are talented and size does matter, they are just now meeting up with teams of thier caliber and or equal. (size and speed) The tackles will start to hurt a little more and more with each new opponent. As always hope no one gets hurt. Good luck pirates hope to see you all again!

:turnbad:
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Belfry
Breathitt or Belfry, but I think that Belfry is just too tough this year for the Bobcats, but I hope I am wrong.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

P-Villain! Wrote:No Actually its funny that pburg is mentioned...

IF they happen to squeak into the semis...they will get rolled by the winner of the NCC/CovHC Corbin/Mboro region...and hazard boy i'm a pikeville player
Prestonsburg is as good as anyone, and can go to the state finals, but so can just about any other team left.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Pburg definately has a shot, they have the 3rd best D in 2A. My only worry is the team they face off with in the state semis. I believe the winner of their side in state Semis wins the State Championship, whether it be Prestonsburg, NCC, or Corbin.
Belfry and Russell
Belfry
I say who ever wins the next 2 weeks from both sides of the bracket. That would be RUSSELL and RUSSELLVILLE, now that would be something now wouldnt it???
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
BelfryPirates Wrote:Honestly, anyone of the "Big 5" (Belfry, Russell, Breathitt, Mason Co., Somerset) can make it in my opinion.

Big 5 of What? mason has never been champs and it's been since the time of Noah's Ark since Somerset went and they lost
P-Villain! Wrote:No Actually its funny that pburg is mentioned...

IF they happen to squeak into the semis...they will get rolled by the winner of the NCC/CovHC Corbin/Mboro region...and hazard boy i'm a pikeville player

Your just downing Pburg because they stomped Pikeville in the ground this year. If they come to play they can play with any team in 2A and if they can win region this weekend semis will be at Pburg so that will be a huge advantage. But i think maybe Hazard can go, Bell, and Belfry for sure.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Big 5 of What? mason has never been champs and it's been since the time of Noah's Ark since Somerset went and they lost

The "Big 5" of the east this year. Well now it's big 4, but.

There were 3 elite (Belfry, Russell, Breathitt) recently, and the 2 teams that have/had good runs going this year.

DEVILOLOGIST,
That would be something a Russell & Russellville final.
belfry forever Wrote:Any team is beatable at anytime, and Belfry takes nothing for granted. Everything you stated can be said for Russell or any other team in the playoffs at this time. We all want our team to win, but some of these posts are ridiculous!
And by saying that aren't you taking Belfry for granted? (That these posts are ridiculous)
Duh! Belfry!
I am simply a fan, not a player and NO I do not take Belfry for granted. I am saying that at this point in the season, anything can happen, records don't matter and no one including Belfry should take anything for granted. And yes, some of these posts are ridiculous!

jgrubby Wrote:And by saying that aren't you taking Belfry for granted? (That these posts are ridiculous)
belfry forever Wrote:I am simply a fan, not a player and NO I do not take Belfry for granted. I am saying that at this point in the season, anything can happen, records don't matter and no one including Belfry should take anything for granted. And yes, some of these posts are ridiculous!

Mr Belfryforever, I have taken the time to go back and read all the posts before your statment of being ridiculous. Only a couple before mine stated they were a prestonsburg fan and the others had a one word answer... 90% of them predicted Belfry. So therefore me making a statement of wanting to have my Devils prevail against Belfry is what was so ridiculous. So, therefore you take it for granted that Belfry will win the state final and thinking that Russell ,which has repeated the journey twice, with one victory does offended you. I don't see the logic of my post being ridiculous. I just think its your way of making it a double standard when you say you don't take it for granted but in fact you do. In otherwords when someone says they could beat Belfry they are ridiculous!

:redboxer:
Excuse you, but I am a Ms...It is MY opinion which posts I consider rididulous, I didn't, nor do I have to say which ones I consider to be.
I was replying to your response to another post which said Belfry was beatable and that we were just now playing against equal competitors and that Belfry probably wouldn't make it to the finals. I only stated that the same thing could be said about Russell or any other team at this point in season. I HOPE that Belfry will make it to the finals but I did not say I take it for granted that we will win the state final. Stop putting words in my mouth! Where did I ever say I was offended? You are entitled to your opinion, but I really think you are misunderstanding what I originally posted.

With that being said, I hope my Pirates win, but I'm afraid Breathitt is the team to beat at this time. I hope I am wrong!

jgrubby Wrote:Mr Belfryforever, I have taken the time to go back and read all the posts before your statment of being ridiculous. Only a couple before mine stated they were a prestonsburg fan and the others had a one word answer... 90% of them predicted Belfry. So therefore me making a statement of wanting to have my Devils prevail against Belfry is what was so ridiculous. So, therefore you take it for granted that Belfry will win the state final and thinking that Russell ,which has repeated the journey twice, with one victory does offended you. I don't see the logic of my post being ridiculous. I just think its your way of making it a double standard when you say you don't take it for granted but in fact you do. In otherwords when someone says they could beat Belfry they are ridiculous!

The MAYFIELD CARDINALS BABY!
belfry forever Wrote:Excuse you, but I am a Ms...It is MY opinion which posts I consider rididulous, I didn't, nor do I have to say which ones I consider to be.
I was replying to your response to another post which said Belfry was beatable and that we were just now playing against equal competitors and that Belfry probably wouldn't make it to the finals. I only stated that the same thing could be said about Russell or any other team at this point in season. I HOPE that Belfry will make it to the finals but I did not say I take it for granted that we will win the state final. Stop putting words in my mouth! Where did I ever say I was offended? You are entitled to your opinion, but I really think you are misunderstanding what I originally posted.

With that being said, I hope my Pirates win, but I'm afraid Breathitt is the team to beat at this time. I hope I am wrong!

When something is ridiculous to you and you respond in this manner you are offended, Right? You have put words into your own mouth therefore I will otherwise defend mine. You call my response ridiculous, I'll call your response offended. Besides you should be worried about Somerset not the opponent after them.(Which I really,really hope its the Devils) In fact this debate can only be settled in one way. Why do women always say men put words in to their mouths???
Guys, please get back on topic about this thread. It is about predictions of who you think will be the final 12 standing. If you want to talk about the possibility of Belfry getting beat in the coming weeks then please start a thread about that. Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am only "offended" that you thought I was a guy! LOL!
Let's agree to disagree and be friends before we both get in trouble on here!

jgrubby Wrote:When something is ridiculous to you and you respond in this manner you are offended, Right? You have put words into your own mouth therefore I will otherwise defend mine. You call my response ridiculous, I'll call your response offended. Besides you should be worried about Somerset not the opponent after them.(Which I really,really hope its the Devils) In fact this debate can only be settled in one way. Why do women always say men put words in to their mouths???
belfry forever Wrote:I am only "offended" that you thought I was a guy! LOL!
Thats a good idea.

The part about agreeing to disagree I mean. Not that he thought you were a guy.
belfry forever Wrote:I am only "offended" that you thought I was a guy! LOL!

:igiveup: LOL.
For state I see
5A: Highlands
4A: Bell
3A: Belfry more than likely
2A: Newport Central Catholic or maybe Prestonsburg
1A: Beechwood
jgrubby Wrote:Mr Belfryforever, I have taken the time to go back and read all the posts before your statment of being ridiculous. Only a couple before mine stated they were a prestonsburg fan and the others had a one word answer... 90% of them predicted Belfry. So therefore me making a statement of wanting to have my Devils prevail against Belfry is what was so ridiculous. So, therefore you take it for granted that Belfry will win the state final and thinking that Russell ,which has repeated the journey twice, with one victory does offended you. I don't see the logic of my post being ridiculous. I just think its your way of making it a double standard when you say you don't take it for granted but in fact you do. In otherwords when someone says they could beat Belfry they are ridiculous!

Mercy....the aggression.....? BTW, I'm pulling for Belfry. Wink
jgrubby Wrote:When something is ridiculous to you and you respond in this manner you are offended, Right? You have put words into your own mouth therefore I will otherwise defend mine. You call my response ridiculous, I'll call your response offended. Besides you should be worried about Somerset not the opponent after them.(Which I really,really hope its the Devils) In fact this debate can only be settled in one way. Why do women always say men put words in to their mouths???

I think it would be best if we leave the women vs. men debate for another thread. LOL! Better watch if before you "offend" me, too..then you will be double teamed by the girls here. :dontthink
6A St.X
5A Highlands
4A Bell
3A Russell against Russellville
2A NCC
1A Beechwood

Team Mom speak with Ms belfryforever.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:6A St.X
5A Highlands
4A Bell
2A NCC
1A Beechwood

Have to agree with all except 3A. No disrespect for Russell whatsoever, I feel Belfry might have the edge with home field if they get past Somerset. Would love to see Russell win it after playing a 5A school last year for the 2A title. Russell beat them every way except for the score. By the way, EXCELLENT choice for the picture you use!! WOW!! I LOVE ME some ASHLEY JUDD!!!!!
Journeyman Wrote:Have to agree with all except 3A. No disrespect for Russell whatsoever, I feel Belfry might have the edge with home field if they get past Somerset. Would love to see Russell win it after playing a 5A school last year for the 2A title. Russell beat them every way except for the score. By the way, EXCELLENT choice for the picture you use!! WOW!! I LOVE ME some ASHLEY JUDD!!!!!
Its really hard to not say Russell. If I did it would be like turning my back on them! No can do! We have been in tougher places and have prevailed! GO DEVILS:redboxer:
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Nice PIC GRUBBY, Where did you find the PIC?
Im hoping in 1A its Hazard and Mayfield that sounds like a good match up.
jgrubby Wrote:6A St.X
5A Highlands
4A Bell
2A NCC
1A Beechwood

Excuse me???? :confused: