Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Week 1: Boyle County vs. Scott County
The Battle of Elkhorn Creek - 
Game 1 Scott County vs. Boyle County 

Game 2 Great Crossing vs. Franklin County

This is technically tentative, but sounds like Game 1 is a sure thing. Should be a great night of football. 
[-] The following 3 users Like 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!, Maroon Beech, Rebel55
I like. Looks like the Mercer Bowl is out, which I also like. Boyle needs more of a challenge than what they have been getting in their bowl.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(12-15-2022, 09:59 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: The Battle of Elkhorn Creek - 

This is technically tentative, but sounds like Game 1 is a sure thing. Should be a great night of football. 
Hoping this is a Saturday night game(s) but appears this season Battle of Elkhorn Creek was played on a Friday evening.
Nice!
Heard Wofford Co. is replacing Boyle at the Mercer Bowl.

I think that means that Mercer will no longer be the other "home" team at the Rebel Bowl any longer.
I heard today that the other 3 teams in the Rebel bowl will be Bryan Station, LCA, and Franklin County the source seems reliable but I’m not saying this is the gospel anyone else have any info.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • BEChargers
(12-15-2022, 11:45 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I heard today that the other 3 teams in the Rebel bowl will be Bryan Station, LCA, and Franklin County the source seems reliable but I’m not saying this is the gospel anyone else have any info.

If this is true, then WOW! What a fantastic lineup!!!
I hear potentially of another monster for Boyle coming from Louisville 6A
What would the rest of boyles schedule possibly look like after the bowl games
Boyle Should end up Playing LCA In the rebel bowl This year
(12-15-2022, 09:59 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: The Battle of Elkhorn Creek - 

Heard POTUS 45 was flying in for Scott v Boyle
(12-16-2022, 09:35 AM)Real Badman Wrote: I hear potentially of another monster for Boyle coming from Louisville 6A

Which team is it? If you don't mind me asking
(12-20-2022, 11:00 PM)True pioneer Wrote:
(12-16-2022, 09:35 AM)Real Badman Wrote: I hear potentially of another monster for Boyle coming from Louisville 6A

Was supposed to be St. X but it is no longer happening.
Why did this not happen
(12-21-2022, 01:38 PM)TrojanMan69 Wrote:
(12-20-2022, 11:00 PM)True pioneer Wrote:

Was supposed to be St. X but it is no longer happening.
Heard that is still may happen but it is up in the air.
Also heard that Bowling Green didn't want to renew the contract with Boyle so that game is out.
Boyle and Lexington Catholic are talking about a game. This would be great news as these are arch rivials.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!
(01-12-2023, 02:10 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Boyle and Lexington Catholic are talking about a game.  This would be great news as these are arch rivials.
This kind of surprises me a little, because I was told LC dropped Scott Co and picked up Great Crossing, thought they may be looking to down grade there schedule some. Hope LC and Boyle works it out, to good of a rivalry to let go.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • BEChargers
Rebel 55 must mean Lex. Christian since  Lex. Catholic is in their district.
Unless Lex Cath requested to play up, they will be in 3A next year, so scheduling a game makes sense
[-] The following 1 user Likes backinblack2003's post:
  • Maroon Beech
Might have jumped the gun on this one. Hearing that this game has fell through and Boyle will be playing in the Rafferty's Bowl week one at WKU against Bowling Green.
(01-18-2023, 05:19 PM)Fade Wrote: Might have jumped the gun on this one. Hearing that this game has fell through and Boyle will be playing in the Rafferty's Bowl week one at WKU against Bowling Green.
I was told that they still are going to play, just not week one. Can anyone confirm?
I was told this morning that Boyle is possibly playing Bowling Green in the Bowl game but it’s not yet official, but it sounds like it’s going to happen.
(01-20-2023, 04:23 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I was told this morning that Boyle is possibly playing Bowling Green in the Bowl game but it’s not yet official, but it sounds like it’s going to happen.

Bowling Green is a significant upgrade over Scott Co.
Bowling Green and Boyle County would definitely be a preview of two championship caliber teams. Dang, Haddix will flat out put a schedule together. It that is how you get to the next level though.
(01-21-2023, 06:48 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(01-20-2023, 04:23 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I was told this morning that Boyle is possibly playing Bowling Green in the Bowl game but it’s not yet official, but it sounds like it’s going to happen.

Bowling Green may be better but significant? Based on what? I say when polls come out Bowling Green will be #1 and Scott Co #2 with what they both have returning. We will get to see if it is that significant early on. They scrimmage each other the first week I think.
(01-23-2023, 12:45 PM)Scott Co. Coach Jim McKee joined us recently to discuss this matchup, and their schedule and new alignment. I believe he said this game would be taking place Week 4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v="dQHR-fm1EpY&t=5sBig Daddy Bull Wrote:

Bowling Green may be better but significant? Based on what? I say when polls come out Bowling Green will be #1 and Scott Co #2 with what they both have returning. We will get to see if it is that significant early on. They scrimmage each other the first week I think.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nations Elite's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(01-23-2023, 12:45 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

I'd say its based on them replacing only 3-4 starters and absolutely decimating the team who eliminated Scott County. The same team that went punch for punch with Douglass in the state title who clocked the Cardinals. Don't know how much SC brings back... but all major contributors return for the Purples. Plantman is correct... significant upgrade
(01-25-2023, 06:58 PM)Fade Wrote:

I'd say its based on them replacing only 3-4 starters and absolutely decimating the team who eliminated Scott County. The same team that went punch for punch with Douglass in the state title who clocked the Cardinals. Don't know how much SC brings back... but all major contributors return for the Purples. Plantman is correct... significant upgrade

You gonna get run outta here with statements like that lol.    but yeah, I agree with you BG>SC
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Fade

....So on 1 game ok. 28-7 seems pretty dominate to me. I'm pretty sure Scott brings back most of there starters maybe 14-15 from a Sophomore dominate team that went 11-2, and that Sophomore's group stomped Boyle when they were Freshman maybe a running clock if memory serves me right, and they beat Douglas They also bring back all of there skill and a 3 year starter at QB that will be only a Junior, Significant? I just can't see it.

(01-26-2023, 12:50 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

....So on 1 game ok. 28-7 seems pretty dominate to me. I'm pretty sure Scott brings back most of there starters maybe 14-15 from a Sophomore dominate team that went 11-2 and finished #2 in the RPI and that Sophomore group stomped Boyle when they were Freshman maybe a running clock if memory serves me right, and they beat Douglas They also bring back all of there skill and a 3 year starter at QB that will be only a Junior. Maybe a upgrade but definitely not significant.