Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSA Re-Classification 2022
(12-05-2022, 11:34 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: Belfry Shows dropping to 2A.
I’d imagine they’d would try to stay in 3A. It’s much easier.
In the northeastern part of the state, Russell benefits the most from the proposed realignment. Ashland and Greenup go back to a loaded 4A and likely back to Johnson Central as a district opponent. Raceland stays put but loses Betsy Layne as a district opponent and might pick up Pikeville. Russell is the only school that would win in this scenario as their district becomes significantly easier.

This is why I posted on another thread about how football has too many classes. The difficulty to make it deep into the state tournament depends far too much on who you get aligned with in your district. Just like back in 2005, it was Russell who had it easy. Ashland finally escaped Johnson Central and got their title in 2020. Raceland has had it easy as of late. Reduce the classes and make it hard on everyone. Don’t leave things to the luck of redistricting.
(12-06-2022, 01:32 AM)16thregioner Wrote: In the northeastern part of the state, Russell benefits the most from the proposed realignment. Ashland and Greenup go back to a loaded 4A and likely back to Johnson Central as a district opponent. Raceland stays put but loses Betsy Layne as a district opponent and might pick up Pikeville. Russell is the only school that would win in this scenario as their district becomes significantly easier.

This is why I posted on another thread about how football has too many classes. The difficulty to make it deep into the state tournament depends far too much on who you get aligned with in your district. Just like back in 2005, it was Russell who had it easy. Ashland finally escaped Johnson Central and got their title in 2020. Raceland has had it easy as of late. Reduce the classes and make it hard on everyone. Don’t leave things to the luck of redistricting.

In 2005 there was 4 Classes which is much better than 6 classes.
[-] The following 2 users Like GOREDDEVILS's post:
  • 16thregioner, Westside
As far back as the khsaa scoreboard goes back , 4 classes was always the way they went before the 6 class thing came about.
(12-05-2022, 04:45 PM)IAM22 Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 01:02 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: I’ve heard lots of things lately. Pikeville moving up to 2A but petitioning to play in 3A. Heard Beechwood, Fort Knox, Ballard Memorial all may be coming back down. Heard Russell may drop back down to 2A as well.
I would be surprised if Beechwood went to 1A, when about half their football team took the extra Covid year.
 If by "half their football team" you mean 9 players from senior down to freshman, then yes, you're correct, half of their team. And you're really good at mathing.

One of their players that took the advantage of the re-do year graduated already, and they have 2 or 3 more graduating this upcoming spring.

(12-05-2022, 09:21 PM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 01:02 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: I’ve heard lots of things lately. Pikeville moving up to 2A but petitioning to play in 3A. Heard Beechwood, Fort Knox, Ballard Memorial all may be coming back down. Heard Russell may drop back down to 2A as well.
I doubt Beechwood is moving down to 1a. I have heard Cov Holy Cross and Newport might move down to 1a.
Beechwood loses their entire district in 2A. Holy Cross Cov and Newport are both moving to 1A and have no intent of asking to play up, and Lloyd is moving up to 3A.

My best guess is their new district will be something like Beechwood, Walton Verona, Bracken Co, and Gallatin Co. St Henry is going to be 2A and will probably join their district in 2025.

Assuming Trimble asks to go back up to 2A again like they did last time, I would see their district being Trimble Co, Carroll Co, Owen Co, and Shawnee, with DuBois being added in when they join 2A in 2024.
(12-06-2022, 04:55 AM)TheOracle Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 04:45 PM)IAM22 Wrote:
I would be surprised if Beechwood went to 1A, when about half their football team took the extra Covid year.
 If by "half their football team" you mean 9 players from senior down to freshman, then yes, you're correct, half of their team. And you're really good at mathing.

One of their players that took the advantage of the re-do year graduated already, and they have 2 or 3 more graduating this upcoming spring.

(12-05-2022, 09:21 PM)Sportsfan4646 Wrote:
I doubt Beechwood is moving down to 1a. I have heard Cov Holy Cross and Newport might move down to 1a.
Beechwood loses their entire district in 2A. Holy Cross Cov and Newport are both moving to 1A and have no intent of asking to play up, and Lloyd is moving up to 3A.

My best guess is their new district will be something like Beechwood, Walton Verona, Bracken Co, and Gallatin Co. St Henry is going to be 2A and will probably join their district in 2025.

Assuming Trimble asks to go back up to 2A again like they did last time, I would see their district being Trimble Co, Carroll Co, Owen Co, and Shawnee, with DuBois being added in when they join 2A in 2024.

I already thanked someone for clarifying.
But being an "Oracle" you already knew.

And my mathing be good!
[-] The following 1 user Likes IAM22's post:
  • TheOracle
Is there a clear cut list of who going where and districts
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I doubt they have finalized anything at all yet. They give teams forever to go through appeals, petition, whatever you want to call it. Until that’s done they won’t even touch districts I would say. But that’s all in my opinion. It’s going to be interesting in some classes how things shake out. Especially in 1A and 2A districts east of lexington
I believe we should know District pairings after the January 18th KHSAA meeting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • BEChargers
I'm hearing hat Corbin and Whitley Co. will be in the same 4A district.
Looks like Powell and Estill will stay in 3A. They both should be in same district.
(12-06-2022, 03:03 AM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: As far back as the khsaa scoreboard goes back , 4 classes was always the way they went before the 6 class thing came about.

I think there were three classes from 1959 to 1970-something
[-] The following 2 users Like HCS's post:
  • GOREDDEVILS, Hatz
(01-06-2023, 12:11 AM)HCS Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 03:03 AM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: As far back as the khsaa scoreboard goes back , 4 classes was always the way they went before the 6 class thing came about.

I think there were three classes from 1959 to 1970-something

From 1959 to 1974 there were 3 classes.  

Then they went to 4 in 1975 

For a few years 4A was divided between a Jefferson County tournament and an At-Large State Tournament.  The two winners would meet in the Class 4A final but kept the distinction of being the "At Large Champion" or "Jefferson County Champion" despite the Finals outcome.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hatz's post:
  • BEChargers, Gitback Coach