Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zip Zone Classic
Zip Zone will be Saturday with a ton of great matchups.  I’m interested  in seeing Breathitt, Lyon County and Pikeville.   Will Martin County be streaming it on their YouTube channel?
(11-25-2022, 11:26 AM)Grinch1 Wrote: Zip Zone will be Saturday with a ton of great matchups.  I’m interested  in seeing Breathitt, Lyon County and Pikeville.   Will Martin County be streaming it on their YouTube channel?
The games will not be live streamed this weekend
(11-25-2022, 04:45 PM)CardinalAlum Wrote:
(11-25-2022, 11:26 AM)Grinch1 Wrote: Zip Zone will be Saturday with a ton of great matchups.  I’m interested  in seeing Breathitt, Lyon County and Pikeville.   Will Martin County be streaming it on their YouTube channel?

Bummer
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-25-2022, 04:45 PM)CardinalAlum Wrote:

Bummer
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Any updates from today so far?
(11-26-2022, 02:46 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: Any updates from today so far?
Breathitt over Lex Cath by 1.
Good win for cats. Was all breathitts players playing?
(11-26-2022, 04:38 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Good win for cats. Was all breathitts players playing?
Sperry and Hoskins rode the bench more then normal in the first half. Second half Breathitt overcame a 19 deficit to win 62-61.
Pikeville all over Chapmanville 70-54
Pikeville looking good.

Valley looking good.

Breathitt - looks like BB is imposing his will on how he wants them to play, they buy in they will compete for a state title.
Woah!!! Slow down there big feller. Let’s try to win the region first as we haven’t done that in over 25 years
(11-26-2022, 04:38 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Good win for cats. Was all breathitts players playing?
You was there. You know they all played. Heard you stormed out at the horn.. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountain Monster's post:
  • Turnover
Good win for Breathitt but probably need to ease up on the state title talk for now. Lol Preseason is just that preseason. The big test will come over the course of the season on if some guys can accept playing a role. BB’s teams have always been focused around 1-2 guys doing most of the scoring. Now Breathitt has plenty of scorers but they’ll have to prove that some of them are willing to play different role this year. That will decide if they can win the region.
(11-26-2022, 10:47 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: Good win for Breathitt but probably need to ease up on the state title talk for now. Lol Preseason is just that preseason. The big test will come over the course of the season on if some guys can accept playing a role. BB’s teams have always been focused around 1-2 guys doing most of the scoring. Now Breathitt has plenty of scorers but they’ll have to prove that some of them are willing to play different role this year. That will decide if they can win the region.
Lol another Breathitt hater. Welcome aboard
(11-26-2022, 02:46 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: Any updates from today so far?
Any word on Lyon VS Trinity?
Not a Breathitt hater at all, they are the favorite to win the region if they buy into playing BB’s system. Just have to prove they are willing to do that for a whole season.

Winning the region and contending for a state title are 2 totally different things though. No 14th region team has won more than 1 game at the state tournament since the mid 80’s you’ll never hear me say they are state title contenders.

I have said since the day Breathitt hired BB that he was the best guy they could get. Now it’s just up to the players to buy in.
I think you may be wrong on your statistics. I think a 14th region team has won more than one game. Didn’t knott win a couple a few years ago?

(11-26-2022, 10:29 PM)Mountain Monster Wrote:
You was there. You know they all played. Heard you stormed out at the horn.. lol
Ha just who do you think I am?
(11-27-2022, 12:10 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: I think you may be wrong on your statistics. I think a 14th region team has won more than one game. Didn’t knott win a couple a few years ago?

Breathitt County Bobcats 2023 Sweet 16 Champs after getting a one point win in a scrimmage. Only in Jackson fans would be so hyped. Enjoy the hype train as long as you can. Long long season. Depth will matter.
(11-27-2022, 12:10 PM)Mountainparkway Wrote: I think you may be wrong on your statistics. I think a 14th region team has won more than one game. Didn’t knott win a couple a few years ago?

Knott won their first round game back to back years but never won two games in the same tournament.
Ok I stand corrected. I thought they played on Saturday one year.
The 86 Hazard team is the last team to make the semifinals.
Rowan Co 54 Johnson Central 43

Breathitt Co 62 Lex Cath 61

Shelby Valley 52 Hopkins County Central 46

Pikeville 70 Logan 54

Lyon County def Trinity

Martin Co Lady Cardinals def Chapmanville (final was around 10 points but game was never that close)

Logan 83 Martin Co 76

Tug Valley 83 Lawrence Co 62

Scores posted on D&D sports