Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Franklin County game ends in a brawl...
Guys Corbin and Fc, have played twice and there was no BS between the two… there won’t be any crap between them and FC. Warren East was an undefeated team that had no idea how to handle ant adversity… they just fell apart. Easy Scheudle and fisrt time late In year will get the best of anyone. We been there. Leave 57 alone…. Just a kid.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Hound05
(11-20-2022, 12:44 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Guys Corbin and Fc, have played twice and there was no BS between the two… there won’t be any crap between them and FC. Warren East was an undefeated team that had no idea how to handle ant adversity… they just fell apart. Easy Scheudle and fisrt time late In year will get the best of anyone. We been there. Leave 57 alone…. Just a kid.

I'll leave him alone, but he should never be on an athletic field again...IN ANY CAPACITY!!!  He committed what would have been regarded as a felonious assault in any other venue except a sporting field. Were it not on the gridiron, he would be sitting in a juvenile detention center.  Some sport is violent but violence is not sport. Let's not excuse non-sport violence. There was nothing sports-like what the thug kid did.  Sounds like his family is excusing the kid's violent tendencies and trying to position him as the victim. Easy to see how he became a thug.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Glory_Days, Jack Lambert
(11-20-2022, 11:39 AM)FCSPY Wrote: It was a change of possession, after a punt so the flyers wound have been fine having kids leaving the sideline as long as they don’t go fight anyone. Our boys are chippy and it’s part of the reason we been able to stay above water Second half of the year. But we donot cheap shot people, we don’t point and taunt… we fly around and talk. Hopefully it’s gives us a snowballs chance next week!

To the bolded you are 100% accurate and I should have added that.  Both teams had players coming onto field due to change of possession, so that would defiantly complicate the "Leaving the bench Rule".

(11-20-2022, 02:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 12:44 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Guys Corbin and Fc, have played twice and there was no BS between the two… there won’t be any crap between them and FC. Warren East was an undefeated team that had no idea how to handle ant adversity… they just fell apart. Easy Scheudle and fisrt time late In year will get the best of anyone. We been there. Leave 57 alone…. Just a kid.

I'll leave him alone, but he should never be on an athletic field again...IN ANY CAPACITY!!!  He committed what would have been regarded as a felonious assault in any other venue except a sporting field. Were it not on the gridiron, he would be sitting in a juvenile detention center.  Some sport is violent but violence is not sport. Let's not excuse non-sport violence. There was nothing sports-like what the thug kid did.  Sounds like his family is excusing the kid's violent tendencies and trying to position him as the victim. Easy to see how he became a thug.

If this were a freshman player that acted as #57 did, I could see allowing him to continue to play in the future seasons/other sports, after serving a significate suspension of some kind.  However being a senior that's lets say 17/18, he knows better, for that type of action, and a "no more actives for the rest of the year" sees appropriate.
(11-20-2022, 12:40 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 07:41 PM)Shogun Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 07:18 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-19-2022, 05:00 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I don't know if #57 in the blue is a senior, or not, but his HS football career should be over, regardless.

I disagree OSH this is where the COACH should make him earn his right to be on the team….This is a situation where the life lessons that football is supposed to teach might very well save a kid that needs it…

Maybe the lesson should be that heat of the moment actions can have long lasting consequences. That's a lesson that can be expressed to an entire team vs. just a single individual. He was headed onto that field with malicious intent. If that player that he hit doesn't turn to see him at the last second do you think #57 would have stopped? Doesn't look like it to me. The kid's career should be done IMO. Like was said earlier, he'd already been ejected for taking cheap shots on players after the end of the play. Not worth risking another kid's safety so you can teach someone a lesson.

No where that I read did it say anyone had went to the hospital from any of this, and your only guessing his intent was malicious no one on this board knows what that kid was thinking, although it obviously wasn’t good….

Listen I’m not condoning bad behavior but I also don’t believe one mistake should haunt you for a lifetime.  I played high school ball with a few guys that have become pillars of the community.  However if we went back and judged them for some of the things they done in high school they’d probably been in jail until they where in their 30’s.  If however like Hound 05 said he’s trying to play victim now and being unrepentant throw his butt to the wolves…
I agree with your take. I don't know the kid, maybe his blood brother was out there getting beat up. The other kid wasn't hurt, or that's been reported. The kid didn't go low, at least low on the body, etc.. Something just went berzerk in his mind, his high-school career as a football player is ending, his teammate may be getting beatup, maybe this is his only outlet and only thing in the world. I'm not a bleeding heart for the kid, but I'll hold judgement as long as the other player wasn't injured.
[-] The following 1 user Likes smoke1015's post:
  • TD Hounds
100%!!! These teams have played twice the past to years and what will be 3 in 2 years. Never seen anything but sportsmanship from the flyers or the redhounds. I’m sure Corbin is “chippy” too. There have been some hard hits and some big plays that could have easily got out of hand, but didn’t. Corbin players were helping JC players up off the field and im sure FC would do the same thing. Along with JC. It’s a big game yes, but not an emotional rivalry. Like FCSPY said earlier, the only thing I expect is some kids flying around and hitting people. Maybe a little muscle flexing and few words. Nothing that hasn’t been done in every game this year by both.
Just glad no one was injured white this going on
(11-20-2022, 08:42 AM)Gold River Wrote: I remember just a quite a few years ago most teams gave out weekly hard hitter awards that was pretty much for who ever could lay the best crackback on a kickoff or at least majority of them where all blindsided hits. Yeah it was a dumb and potentially dangerous thing to do but that could have very well happened during the game and not much would’ve been thought about it maybe a flag at best. To say the kid who is a kid deserves criminal charges for making a mistake during an emotional game is a little out there. Lot of people complain about gun violence etc and say back in my day we handled it with physical altercations but always throw the legal card when one does happen.

I agree with 90% of what you are saying here but that was something we expected from being on the field (keep your head on a swivel). Back in the day we had a couple of knuckleheads that kept a tally of how many "loafers" they could de-cleat. Shamefully, it could be anyone just standing around not paying attention or someone on the other side of the field having no impact on the play.

The biggest difference here is this guy came running in from the sideline just shortly after being ejected for a cheap shot. This wasn't a crackback block or blindside hit pertaining to football or even to defend his buddy. He went out there to hurt someone purely driven by anger and disappointment. His action would be the cause for why "we handled it with physical altercations" back in the day, but it would've taken a lot more time to clear the field for that kind of chicken s*&% move.

Being ejected made it 10X worse as he was no longer part of the game. How would it be handled if a spectator (high school age) came running out and did this? Because that was his status at that point.

Bottom line, the past two generations have learned to trash talk and taunt but don't have the emotional maturity to handle themselves when they get their asses handed to them. Can't have it both ways!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Hound05
The kid should be suspended from school and charged with assault. The coaching staff/admin should evaluate their procedures for an ejected player to remain on the sideline because if that kid would have been hurt they may have been liable. Officials also should have ejected all parties involved before ending the game.
Make the kid take some anger management classes and keep it moving.
I agree that the kid should be charged. That was dangerous as he blindsided the County kid from behind. No excuse can justify that action
Anyone know how old the player everyone is talking about is?
(11-20-2022, 10:58 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 08:42 AM)Gold River Wrote: I remember just a quite a few years ago most teams gave out weekly hard hitter awards that was pretty much for who ever could lay the best crackback on a kickoff or at least majority of them where all blindsided hits. Yeah it was a dumb and potentially dangerous thing to do but that could have very well happened during the game and not much would’ve been thought about it maybe a flag at best. To say the kid who is a kid deserves criminal charges for making a mistake during an emotional game is a little out there. Lot of people complain about gun violence etc and say back in my day we handled it with physical altercations but always throw the legal card when one does happen.

I agree with 90% of what you are saying here but that was something we expected from being on the field (keep your head on a swivel). Back in the day we had a couple of knuckleheads that kept a tally of how many "loafers" they could de-cleat. Shamefully, it could be anyone just standing around not paying attention or someone on the other side of the field having no impact on the play.

The biggest difference here is this guy came running in from the sideline just shortly after being ejected for a cheap shot. This wasn't a crackback block or blindside hit pertaining to football or even to defend his buddy. He went out there to hurt someone purely driven by anger and disappointment. His action would be the cause for why "we handled it with physical altercations" back in the day, but it would've taken a lot more time to clear the field for that kind of chicken s*&% move.

Being ejected made it 10X worse as he was no longer part of the game. How would it be handled if a spectator (high school age) came running out and did this? Because that was his status at that point.

Bottom line, the past two generations have learned to trash talk and taunt but don't have the emotional maturity to handle themselves when they get their asses handed to them. Can't have it both ways!!

I trash talk before and after having my A$$ handed to me. I don't get mad or quit. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Glory_Days
(11-21-2022, 09:11 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I trash talk before and after having my A$$ handed to me. I don't get mad or quit. lol

While 1000% accurate, your brightness scale on the Crayola chart is not in the box, lol.
(11-21-2022, 10:36 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(11-21-2022, 09:11 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

While 1000% accurate, your brightness scale on the Crayola chart is not in the box, lol.

It exceeds anything in the box. I'm extremely intelligent.
The young man I feel should face harsh punishment from the school and or KHSAA, but not charged. This is not a felony assault as someone else had mentioned. He was a kid who made a stupid decision and I agree should be punished. In someone way, the coaching staff is to blame for him being on the sideline instead of the locker room after being ejected IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rip/Spin's post:
  • Hound05
For those wanting charges filed. Would you feel the same if it was intentional targeting? I’m not talking about one of those NFL “targeting” penalties. I’m talking about a HS defenseless player coming across the middle looking at the ball, and an opponent maliciously goes right for him knowing that he can’t catch it and he’s totally defenseless? Now keep in mind that he is trying to knock the kids head off.

Because the only difference I can see in both of those scenarios is that the one during the play, the other afterwards. I’m against pressing charges because of this. If you do this, you open Ky HS football up to a world of liability, not only on the school, but kids as well. If this kid done the same exact thing, say the play was 50yd downfield and he sees
A QB standing there and he gets a run and lays him out in the back or even on the side, what then? Is that just football? You better
Have your head swiveling? Or would those in favor of charges still favor them then?

I’m not condoning the kid at all. Hell if I was the parent on both sides of it I’d be in jail for child abuse. But when you open that door, it’s hard to shut it, and it leads to several other doors as well
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Rip/Spin