Poll: Shelby Valley vs. Prestonsburg
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Prestonsburg Blackcats
72.60%
Shelby Valley Wildcats
27.40%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley vs. Prestonsburg - AA District 7 Championship
Big Time Blue Wrote:Where do I send the game film?

Maybe it doesn't fall back on the coaches if 1 or 2 players do this but when 8 or 9 do it, it falls back on the coach. Year after year.

You've quoted the wrong person, I think you meant to quote BasketballFanOnly. But anyways, send it to whoever is concerned.
lol everyone is picking prestonburg by 20 or 30 points when in the first game p-burg 1st score was on a miss asignment by a valley db and the other was on a turnover inside valleys 30 yardline. other than these 2 scores there was no more scores in the ball game for p-burg or valley so i dont see them having a blow out or a scoring frenzy
EastKySports21 Wrote:lol everyone is picking prestonburg by 20 or 30 points when in the first game p-burg 1st score was on a miss asignment by a valley db and the other was on a turnover inside valleys 30 yardline. other than these 2 scores there was no more scores in the ball game for p-burg or valley so i dont see them having a blow out or a scoring frenzy

Turnovers wins ball games, as well as blown coverages lose them. Stop making excuses. It was also Prestonsburg's first game with a sophmore QB at the helm, so their offense was a little edgy. I don't see Prestonsburg letting Shelby Valley score, much like the first game.
Trust me Valley will score, it will be alot closer then what you people think. But Good Luck to both teams tomorrow, May the better team win!!!
blackcats 35
wildcats 7
I think everyone is underestimating SV. They have had a good season so far. They won there first playoff game ever. They wont let Prestonsburg blow them out. I think they should be put up a good fight. So I see Valley winning this game!
Prestonsburg
This is a game Prestonsburg wants!

Not taking anything away from Shelby Valley, but the Blackcat players are really looking forward to this one and want to prove a point to all the doubters. They listen to the radio and get on here and read what people put, and see that Shelby Valley is picked to upset them and it leaves them with something to prove, but IF my Blackcats don't come out ready to play they will lose this game.

Once again, good luck to both teams!
blackcat_student Wrote:This is a game Prestonsburg wants!

Not taking anything away from Shelby Valley, but the Blackcat players are really looking forward to this one and want to prove a point to all the doubters. They listen to the radio and get on here and read what people put, and see that Shelby Valley is picked to upset them and it leaves them with something to prove, but IF my Blackcats don't come out ready to play they will lose this game.

Once again, good luck to both teams!

Poll at time of your post was 52-20 in favor of P-burg, so the players aren't seeing Valley picked to beat them. But I will say, like you did, if P-burg doesn't come out and give it ****, Valley will take this game from them, they were only a few breaks away from being in the last game.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Poll at time of your post was 52-20 in favor of P-burg, so the players aren't seeing Valley picked to beat them. But I will say, like you did, if P-burg doesn't come out and give it ****, Valley will take this game from them, they were only a few breaks away from being in the last game.

What I meant was that the Blackcat football players where seeing and hearing people, pick Shelby Valley to win.
Prestonsburg comes into the game looking for a better game than previously played against SV. Michael Burchett now has more experience at QB so look for the Blackcats to play better.
PBURG-42
SV-14

Good Luck during BBALL season SV, represent the Mountains well.
I don't know much about Shelby Valley, but I know Prestonburg is a hard working team. I am going to go with the Blackcats on this one. Good luck to both teams!
How are the 2 boys from valley doing now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cards09 Wrote:How are the 2 boys from valley doing now

Anthony and Corey?

Doing good, Anthony has been back to school for a while now and Corey should be back in a few days or so.
blackcat_student Wrote:What I meant was that the Blackcat football players where seeing and hearing people, pick Shelby Valley to win.

Where are they hearing people say that Shelby Valley will win? Having some SV fans (on BGR or otherwise) pick with their heart doesn't really count, as I'm sure many fans from any school would predict their team to win, no matter who they're playing. I'm pretty sure that any unbiased observers are picking P-Burg in this one. I'm a Shelby Valley fan myself, and I'm sure not picking the upset.

I guess what I'm saying is that if the Blackcat coaches have to play the "we don't get any respect" card in order to get the team fired up, then something is wrong. This is the playoffs, people, that should be all the motivation you need.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Where are they hearing people say that Shelby Valley will win? Having some SV fans (on BGR or otherwise) pick with their heart doesn't really count, as I'm sure many fans from any school would predict their team to win, no matter who they're playing. I'm pretty sure that any unbiased observers are picking P-Burg in this one. I'm a Shelby Valley fan myself, and I'm sure not picking the upset.

I guess what I'm saying is that if the Blackcat coaches have to play the "we don't get any respect" card in order to get the team fired up, then something is wrong. This is the playoffs, people, that should be all the motivation you need.

Three out of the four guys on the "Sports Guys" picked Shelby Valley to win... I don't think any of their picks where bias.

IT'S GAMEDAY!!!
blackcat_student Wrote:Three out of the four guys on the "Sports Guys" picked Shelby Valley to win... I don't think any of their picks where bias.

IT'S GAMEDAY!!!

AWESOME! I didn't know the "Sports Guys" had picked SV. Go Blue! I think we'll all be blue after sitting out in 30 degree weather tonight.

Tell me: what strategies do coaches come up with for nights like tonight - extremely cold and muddy. You know that field has to be an absolute wreck. [No offense, p-burg fans. The stadium seating and everything else is really nice.]
Anyway, just wondering what kind of tactics one would think of ahead of time to deal with these conditions. Thoughts?
all-or-nothing Wrote:AWESOME! I didn't know the "Sports Guys" had picked SV. Go Blue! I think we'll all be blue after sitting out in 30 degree weather tonight.

Tell me: what strategies do coaches come up with for nights like tonight - extremely cold and muddy. You know that field has to be an absolute wreck. [No offense, p-burg fans. The stadium seating and everything else is really nice.]
Anyway, just wondering what kind of tactics one would think of ahead of time to deal with these conditions. Thoughts?

Actually its not that bad looking right now... There are spots in the middle of the field that may be a little wet and muddy but all in all the field is in good shape.
Great to hear! for both teams. Good luck tonight, blackcat_student.
all-or-nothing Wrote:Great to hear! for both teams. Good luck tonight, blackcat_student.

Good luck to you as well.
Wow. The sports guys picked SV? Sounds like they need to change their names cuz obviously they know nothing about sports.
Phs 28
Sv 12
Twitter: @tc_analytics