Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
60.00%
Martin County
40.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Martin County @ Breathitt County 11/11
Martin County will travel to Breathitt County this Friday,

Martin County (7-4)
Aug 19, 22 Leslie County home (W) 41 - 19 
Aug 26, 22 Greenup County away (L) 6 - 43 
Sep 2, 22 Fleming County away (L) 14 - 21 
Sep 9, 22 Knott County Central home (W) 41 - 0 
Sep 23, 22 Bath County away (W) 46 - 0 
Sep 30, 22 East Ridge home (W) 57 - 22 
Oct 6, 22 Shelby Valley away (L) 34 - 47 
Oct 14, 22 West Carter home (W) 48 - 0 

Breathitt County (8-2)
Aug 19, 22 Magoffin County home (W) 43 - 0 
Aug 26, 22 Powell County away (W) 28 - 6 
Sep 2, 22 Hazard home (W) 29 - 27 
Sep 9, 22 Perry County Central away (L) 26 - 28 
Sep 16, 22 Letcher County Central away (L) 21 - 32 
Sep 30, 22 Middlesboro home (W) 20 - 0 
Oct 14, 22 Morgan County away (W) 49 - 0 
Oct 21, 22 Leslie County away (W) 40 - 20 
Oct 28, 22 Knox Central home (W) 51 - 20 
Nov 4, 22 West Carter home (W) 54 - 0
Oct 21, 22 Prestonsburg away (W) 27 - 20 
Oct 28, 22 East Carter home (L) 15 - 35 
Nov 4, 22 Leslie County home (W) 46 - 40

Thoughts?
Breathitt playing it's best football of the year. Looked really good against a overmatched West Carter team.
Martin had over 500 yards on the ground against Leslie last week. As long as Bobcats can limit that rushing attack they should be fine. Martin's defense doesn't impress me much.

I'll take Breathitt 40-20
I think this one will be a lot closer than the Bobcats want it to be. 

BHS- 28
MCHS- 21
Bobcats on the river bank all day long

Breathitt County 42
Martin County 20
This will be a interesting match-up. If Martin Counties D can do anything they have an offense that can control the game and keep it low scoring, They have 14 picks on the year so they can force some turnovers.
Bump
I saw Martin Co v Shelby Valley; it literally came down to who had the ball last. Is Breathitt stronger than SV on defense? If so, Bobcats roll.
(11-08-2022, 06:44 PM)ROTC Wrote: I saw Martin Co v Shelby Valley; it literally came down to who had the ball last.  Is Breathitt stronger than SV on defense?  If so, Bobcats roll.
I watched that game on the YouTubeSmileValley really shot them selves in the foot with 2 turnovers in the first quarter to allow Martin to go up 21-0. I'd like to think that Breathitt's defense is up to the challenge but they're not even in the top 30 in 2a run defense. (Maybe because Little at Letcher ran for like 500 yards)But... in overall defense they are in the top 5 and the same for scoring. I'm optimistic that Breathitt gets the W and moves on. But to your point, I don't think Shelby Valley played their best game against them.
Bryant to Sperry all night long if that’s what Breathitt chooses to do. Breathitt D better be ready to stop the run though. If not, look for a shootout like MC had with Leslie last week.
Breathitt has played better running attacks this season and been pretty successful. I think Martin will move the ball and probably score a couple of times, the deciding factor to me is that I do not think Martin can stop Breathitt's offense. 

If Breathitt gets out to a 2+ possession lead, I would say look for Breathitt to get into that full house formation that they have shown periodically this season and chew some clock. 

If Martin wants a shot at this game than they better control the clock and establish some long clock eating drives.
What better running attacks have they faced? They allowed 378 yards rushing to Letcher and lost. Martin County is capable of doing that plus more. Also, Breathitt has only played 3 teams that have a winning record. Like I said, Breathitt should be able to throw to Sperry all night long and Turner too. IF Martin can limit those big plays it will be a good game in Jackson.
Biggest factor in this game is that it’s on the riverbank. Bryant should have multiple td throws if the game plan allows it. Bobcats roll 40-17
Hazard has a pretty good back named Max Johnson. I would say he classifies as a good running attack considering he is basically Hazards entire offense lol. 

Letcher has put up big yardage in most of their games this year, so there's that. Letcher is also better than anyone on Martins Schedule. Running clock....maybe

You are giving Martin too much credit.... and I am not sure why? Who has Martin played and put up big numbers against? I watched the Shelby Valley game and after halftime, Valley pretty much shut Martin's offense down. 

Are you hoping that Martin wins so Middlesboro does not have to face Breathitt again? Big Grin
Martin County is a solid football team, but I feel like they don't match up well with Breathitt on the defensive side of the ball. The Cardinals have had trouble stopping the run, and I feel like Breathitt's receivers are going to be a matchup nightmare. The key for Martin County will be not turning the ball over and eating up the clock, keeping Breathitt's offense off the field. This would be a good opportunity for the Bobcats to get out of the 3/4 base and get into a more traditional 4/3 defensive set. Heck, I would even think about a 5/3 and putting as many guys at the point of contact. Martin County isn't going to beat anyone by throwing the ball, and if I'm Coach Moore I'm selling out on defense and loading the box, all night long. Breathitt's offense is starting to gel, and freshman RB, Gibson has made a big difference in the run game of late. I predict the Bobcats will play inspired football, and leave the Riverbank with a win. Breathitt wins 42-14.
(11-09-2022, 01:32 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Hazard has a pretty good back named Max Johnson. I would say he classifies as a good running attack considering he is basically Hazards entire offense lol. 

Letcher has put up big yardage in most of their games this year, so there's that. Letcher is also better than anyone on Martins Schedule. Running clock....maybe

You are giving Martin too much credit.... and I am not sure why? Who has Martin played and put up big numbers against? I watched the Shelby Valley game and after halftime, Valley pretty much shut Martin's offense down. 

Are you hoping that Martin wins so Middlesboro does not have to face Breathitt again? Big Grin
Max Johnson only ran the ball 10 times in that game.  Hard to go off of that.

And you are reading too much into my BlackAndYellow name.  I’m not a Middlesboro fan.  You won’t find a single post of me giving them praise, so there’s that. 

Anyway, this is an interesting matchup and hopefully a good game.  Time will tell.
(11-09-2022, 01:59 PM)BlackAndYellow Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 01:32 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: Hazard has a pretty good back named Max Johnson. I would say he classifies as a good running attack considering he is basically Hazards entire offense lol. 

Max Johnson only ran the ball 10 times in that game.  Hard to go off of that.

And you are reading too much into my BlackAndYellow name.  I’m not a Middlesboro fan.  You won’t find a single post of me giving them praise, so there’s that. 

Anyway, this is an interesting matchup and hopefully a good game.  Time will tell.
I don't read much at all  Big Grin but you are correct. Should be a good game but I would not be surprised to see the Bobcats run away with it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • BlackAndYellow
Breathitt 35
Martin 28
Martin Co is pretty good, but I think Breathitt has a little more fire power.

BC - 44
MC - 21
Weather will be a factor in this game supposed be over inch rain. But Bobcats will come to play.

Breathitt 35
Martin Co-8

No rain

Breathitt 52
Martin Co-14
Got to go with Predator Hoskins and the Bobcats in this one. Breathitt could possibly be playing in week 15.
To much Gibby. Bobcats by 16