Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Average Margins of Victory(By Class) For All First Round Playoff Games...
I still see that some(but not many) are still petitioning for those exciting Lynn Camp at Pikeville first round games. It's a losing position, guys. One and two win teams should be going to a cinema to watch a movie and eat some popcorn , not participating in playoff football.
(11-07-2022, 05:29 PM)ROTC Wrote: Keep six classes; but sixth class is called PRIVATE SCHOOLS!

Ones get a bye as a reward for regular season work.

Two’s and three’s play and teams that still have life and wanna be there will prepare and play hard.
We have a winner Johnny!!!!
(11-07-2022, 06:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I still see that some(but not many) are still petitioning for those exciting Lynn Camp at Pikeville first round games. It's a losing position, guys. One and two win teams should be going to  a cinema to watch a movie and eat some popcorn , not participating in playoff football.
Well you know you can present proof but some will still argue just to argue
Kinda like:

We don’t have a crime problem in America
The border is secure
0% inflation; things are great
Jan 6 was an armed insurrection

Bahahahahahha
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • Hound05
(11-07-2022, 08:19 AM)ROTC Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 12:14 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: That naked commode at Corbin ……..
I’d rather shat myself than use that ….
Who in their right mind would use that ?

Finally someone else agrees, and the Bible says open confession is good for the soul……I almost did once, Deuce8!

I get painting the visitor’s locker room pink, but the naked commode is a bridge too far.

You are better than this- Corbin!!
I hope nobody ever has to go bad enough to use that thing ……. just awful ….
My new best friend!!!!

I had to wait for the the team to be out of there and then go to the public restroom. Almost missed second half kick off.

I attribute it to all the high caffeine coffees I drank on the way there from our three gas station stops on the way there; in a completely unnecessary 1v4 playoff debacle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • Deuce8
I think adults that are not playing or coaching these games, worry about this issue way too much. If you don’t want to watch that first game, just skip it. However, I’m sure the boys look forward to that chance to play in that game. Even the favorites enjoy having one more game in their season. Why not just let it be and enjoy ball that means something to the kids.
(11-07-2022, 09:18 PM)ROTC Wrote: My new best friend!!!!

I had to wait for the the team to be out of there and then go to the public restroom.  Almost missed second half kick off.

I attribute it to all the high caffeine coffees I drank on the way there from our three gas station stops on the way there; in a completely unnecessary 1v4 playoff debacle.
we should start a go fund me to Build a border wall around the naked commode at the historic Campbell field…. I know enough people alone that would contribute… I think this needs to be It’s own thread ….. I guarantee there are some great story’s out there …. These voices need to be heard ….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-07-2022, 09:59 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: I think adults that are not playing or coaching these games, worry about this issue way too much. If you don’t want to watch that first game, just skip it. However, I’m sure the boys look forward to that chance to play in that game. Even the favorites enjoy having one more game in their season. Why not just let it be and enjoy ball that means something to the kids.
#1 seed Raceland beat #4 seed Nicholas Co 48-6 last week in the first round and on the surface it looks like another first round beat down.  I saw something different.  I saw a Nicholas County team show up and give it their all for 4 quarters even though they knew they were outmatched from the beginning and they never quit playing hard even when they had a running clock put on them.  The scoreboard might say this was a wasted game but I’m pretty sure the kids from Nicholas Co would say otherwise.
(11-07-2022, 09:59 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: I think adults that are not playing or coaching these games, worry about this issue way too much. If you don’t want to watch that first game, just skip it. However, I’m sure the boys look forward to that chance to play in that game. Even the favorites enjoy having one more game in their season. Why not just let it be and enjoy ball that means something to the kids.

then, since you said-“I think”; have you ever played or coached a team in one of these games!?????

“the boys” that are the 4 seed; do Not look forward to these games!

”Enjoy ball that means something to the kids”; again- means something to which/what kids?

Orange Blaze- “c’mon man”- quit recruiting and/or attracting Russell kids before your opinion can be validated! Nicholas Co. showed up to play you guys with all of their own kids. Stop the Benevolent Admiration of the “valiant effort” of Nicholas Co.

Orange Blaze- “c’mon man”- quit recruiting and/or attracting Russell kids before your opinion can be validated! Nicholas Co. showed up to play you guys with all of their own kids. Stop the Benevolent Admiration of the “valiant effort” of Nicholas Co.

(11-07-2022, 10:38 PM)ROTC Wrote:

then, since you said-“I think”; have you ever played or coached a team in one of these games!?????

”Enjoy ball that means something to the kids”; again- means something to which/what kids?

Orange Blaze- “c’mon man”- quit recruiting and/or attracting Russell kids before your opinion can be validated!  Nicholas Co. showed up to play you guys with all of their own kids.  Stop the Benevolent Admiration of the “valiant effort” of Nicholas Co.

Orange Blaze- “c’mon man”- quit recruiting and/or attracting Russell kids before your opinion can be validated!  Nicholas Co. showed up to play you guys with all of their own kids.  Stop the Benevolent Admiration of the “valiant effort” of Nicholas Co.

I live in the Russell district and plan on sending my child to Russell when we get to school age so believe me no recruiting here. I was just giving credit to a team for playing hard. No need to get all bent out of shape.
I’m not bent BRUH; just stating facts. Have you ever coached or played on a high school football team!?!?!? Or do you just have “thoughts”?
(11-07-2022, 10:58 PM)ROTC Wrote: I’m not bent BRUH; just stating facts.  Have you ever coached or played on a high school football team!?!?!?  Or do you just have “thoughts”?
I have played and my last game was as a 4th seed team that got beat 49-14 and I would play that same game again with the same outcome.
Then, you enjoy fantasy and delusion; most of the rest of the real world see it for what it is.
(11-07-2022, 11:05 PM)ROTC Wrote: Then, you enjoy fantasy and delusion; most of the rest of the real world see it for what it is.
All I know is I have played on bad teams that got their brains beat out in the first round of playoff games and I still turned out to be a pretty successful adult that has worked hard to get things. So I don’t think playing one more meaningless high school football game really meant too much in the grand scheme of how my life turned out.   I will agree with you that the system isn’t the best but it is what it is.
I know some of you are youngsters but we have had many 4 seeds win and districts sweep the other district out of the playoff. I coached on a 4 seed that lost in the finals.
(11-07-2022, 11:19 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: I know some of you are youngsters but we have had many 4 seeds win and districts sweep the other district out of the playoff. I coached on a 4 seed that lost in the finals.
I played in the early 2000’s when Raceland was paired with the NKY district with Beechwood, NCC, Bellevue, and Dayton.  Those teams swept our district several times in the first round.
(11-07-2022, 11:19 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: I know some of you are youngsters but we have had many 4 seeds win and districts sweep the other district out of the playoff. I coached on a 4 seed that lost in the finals.
I believe you,  but if you can remember, do you care to name a few #4 over #1 upsets. Or sweeps from a #4? I don’t think, thay I can remember anyways, a #4 over #1. Maybe a Madison team over Corbin back in 1996. Don’t know what they were ranked.
I also think the overall quality of football in KY has decreased significantly over the past 20 years. A lot of programs that were dominant 20 years ago are mediocre or not very good now and schools like Raceland have benefited from the quality of competition not being as good as it was in the past.
Ky football is like our economy. There aren’t many good (middle) teams as there used
To be. The elite (rich) teams are benefiting from it. And the bad (poor) teams are growing.
The only four seed to ever win a state title that Ian aware of is Boirbon Co under Dudley Hilton. But if you ask Breathitt fans the trophy should have went to the Louisa FD that year. LOL
(11-08-2022, 07:28 AM)ROTC Wrote: The only four seed to ever win a state title that Ian aware of is Boirbon Co under Dudley Hilton. But if you ask Breathitt fans the trophy should have went to the Louisa FD that year.  LOL
Haha. Not heard that story before. But I’m assuming there was a lot of “rain” that week?
Yeah! The rain allowed Lawrence to slow down Breathitt’s pass happy air raid attack and end their 42 game win streak. Bourbon took out Lawrence the next week and went on to win the state championship.
(11-08-2022, 07:28 AM)ROTC Wrote: The only four seed to ever win a state title that Ian aware of is Boirbon Co under Dudley Hilton. But if you ask Breathitt fans the trophy should have went to the Louisa FD that year.  LOL

Didn't Bourbon beat Corbin in the playoffs that year Hilton's team went on to win the state title?
Not sure; 1998 is the last year on Riherd’s to go back and look.

I was once told that Lawrence’s FB tried to quit at halftime of the Breathitt game. His Dad came on the sideline and MADE him go back in. He ran for a couple touchdowns in the second half and carried Lawrence. He turned his gear in on Monday, and didn’t play the following week.

Also, some have said Breathitt came out and scored early, but refused to take the air out of the ball and the worse the field got; throwing became impossible.

Sounds like a perfect storm to allow old Dudley to get a title as a four seed. He typically keeps getting his kids better as the year goes on; much like Belfry.