• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trinity @ Simon Kenton 11/11
Who wins
(11-05-2022, 11:22 AM)bo67 Wrote: Who wins

The RPI never lies, does it?  Simon Kenton, of course .  Smile
Give em hell Pioneers!
Pulling for the Fightin' Simons !!!!
Trinity? This isn’t Campbell Co
If Trinity were to lose this game, then I predict that there will be another job opening soon. Trinity has struggled offensively this season but their defense is better than Simon Kenton's offense.
The title of this thread is wrong. Trinity will be travelling to Simon Kenton for this game. Trinity faces the toughest road to a 6A title of any of the serious contenders because of the ridiculous RPI system.
Oops my bad. But they play each other on a football field
(11-05-2022, 01:18 PM)bo67 Wrote: Oops my bad. But they play each other on a football field
No problem. It seems strange to see Trinity on the road in the second round of the playoffs. They are in a tough district.
Hoot I agree. I guess I took it for granted
(11-05-2022, 11:44 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If Trinity were to lose this game, then I predict that there will be another job opening soon. Trinity has struggled offensively this season but their defense is better than Simon Kenton's offense.
Every since Andrew Coverdale left as Trinity OC they have struggled.
Every year that Trinity, St X, Cov Cath, CAL, Lex Cath, Owensboro Cath, and LCA doesn’t win a state title; the leadership at those schools should be considering a coaching change. Let’s please stop pretending that anything is fair about these schools playing in the public school league. Pleassseeee- I’m begging?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • wolfcat
The Pioneers will finally get to pay Trinity back all the beatings! Pioneers will be to much for the little rocks!
I’m not even playing. I think Simon Kenton will win this game. It will be close I think for whoever, but I really think they’ll pull it out at home!
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
Don’t think I have ever said this about Trinity………..,,,Upset Alert

Trinity 28
Simon Kenton 14
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-05-2022, 10:27 PM)64SUR Wrote: Don’t think I have ever said this about Trinity………..,,,Upset Alert

Trinity 28
Simon Kenton 14

Smile
Poor Trinity. I feel so sorry for them. Getting robbed by the RPI. Have to go on the road to play. Jetpilot is so right about class snobbers. They're almost in tears about Trinity's dilemma.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Hound05
(11-05-2022, 10:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Poor Trinity. I feel so sorry for them. Getting robbed by the RPI.  Have to go on the road to play.  Jetpilot is so right about class snobbers. They're almost in tears about Trinity's dilemma.
If they scheduled tough teams out of state it should prepare them for the playoffs. They shouldn’t have anything to worry about if so. Plus they got the money hahah. Get out and see the state. 

Judging by some of the scores it seems like the ‘rocks have a good def. Not so much on the offensive end. Should be interesting a good SK offense vs  a good Trinity defense. Heck maybe even a bad Trinity offense vs a bad SK defense haha. I hope they make better coaching decisions this week. I still can’t get over them doing those little squibs against us. We STILL ran it back for a TD haha. But they gave us great field position every series. It was almost better if they scored! Because we were gonna get
the ball back at 50! Trinity don’t need any help, if Sk goes in and does their thing I think they’ll be alright. Trinity, I’m assuming is probably gonna have team speed regardless of how good they are. Probably not gonna get behind the defenders like they did on us once or twice. Or the weak side flats. But
Trinity 41    Simon Kenton 13
Trinity Rocks and rolls over Simon Kenton 35-14
The Rocks being on the road doesn't bother me a bit. It's what they earned by losing to Male and Ballard.
That said, I expect Trinity's defense to be more than a match for SK's offense, given their track record against a strong slate of teams. The only chance for SK is if Trinity's offense can't keep it together. Normally, that wouldn't be a worry for me, but after this season there's no guarantee. But I'll still predict my Rocks to win:

Trinity 31 SK 13
Pioneers steam roll the Rocks! Big oline and rushing attack!
Trinity wins.
Can Simon Kenton beat Trinity?
(11-11-2022, 11:22 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Can Simon Kenton beat Trinity?

I think they can but Trinity's defense seems to come up big in big games. I've seen Trinity lose several games early in a season many times and stilll win a state title. Rinse , repeat. Hard not to be conditioned to expect it again. Pulling for Kenton but wouldn't be surprised to see Trinity advance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!