Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 63 Lynn Camp 0 (1st Round Class A)
Final from Hambley. 

Panthers improve to 8-2 and await the winner of Sayre/Harlan. 

Good on Lynn Camp for making the long trip. Respect.
Congratulations Panthers
Congratulations Pikeville!!
Did pike start out a little slow?
(11-04-2022, 10:57 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Did pike start out a little slow?

No. It was almost a running clock in the 1st quarter.  It was 21-0 with about 4 minutes off the clock in the 1st.
(11-05-2022, 02:54 AM)VoR_58 Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 10:57 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Did pike start out a little slow?

No. It was almost a running clock in the 1st quarter.  It was 21-0 with about 4 minutes off the clock in the 1st.
Ok someone reported wrong then. They said 21-0 at half. And I was shocked!!! Haha. But that’s why I asked. Thanks for the correction. That sounds a little more like the pikeville I’ve seen
It was 51-0 at the half.
Props to the Campers for not opting out of the game.
(11-05-2022, 03:30 AM)jetpilot Wrote: It was 51-0 at the half.

I'm sure the Professor of Snobbermetrics wouldn't agree but Pikeville is right there with the top 4A teams.  If you took Pikeville and the top five or six 4A's, along with Pikeville and did a round robin play format, I think Pikeville would fare very well.  I disagree with the Professor Emeritus of Snob U who said they would "lose comfortably" to the top 4.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
Heck I think someone said it was 21-7 at the half with Trinity and Campbell co. They ended up putting 47 on them though
(11-05-2022, 07:35 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I'm sure the Professor of Snobbermetrics wouldn't agree but Pikeville is right there with the top 4A teams.  If you took Pikeville and the top five or six 4A's, along with Pikeville and did a round robin play format, I think Pikeville would fare very well.  I disagree with the Professor Emeritus of Snob U who said they would "lose comfortably" to the top 4.
If Pikeville is on the same level as Corbin, then Corbin's season is going to end within the next two weeks. Not every team that plays Corbin close is underrated. I think the Redhounds are at least a couple of touchdowns better. Don't you have anything better to do than trolling?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Waitaminute
(11-05-2022, 09:22 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

If Pikeville is on the same level as Corbin, then Corbin's season is going to end within the next two weeks. Not every team that plays Corbin close is underrated. I think the Redhounds are at least a couple of touchdowns better. Don't you have anything better to do than trolling?

I cracked up at your response Hoot. It seems like every team Corbin has played is vastly underrated with tons of “very good” players.
Pikeville almost had as many seniors for senior night as Lynn Camp did for their entire roster.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Hoot knows nothing about this Pikeville team except they are Class A. Like a very knowledgeable fan said on another site (and not a Pikeville guy) the development of Isaac Duty at QB has added a whole new dimension and taken Pikeville to a higher level. Their defense is on a level now with some of the best defenses in school history. Hoot has no facts to back up whatsoever that Corbin is 2 TDs better than Pikeville. He just assumes it because Corbin has more students. I love Hoot but the last person I’m going to listen to about the team I have followed religiously for 50 years is someone who lives 500 miles away for decades while I live a short walk from our field.

Bottom line: almost everyone who follows football knows Pikeville can and has played with to very top teams in 4A except people with low football IQ and/or people think the school with the most students should win every game.
(11-05-2022, 01:11 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Hoot knows nothing about this Pikeville team except they are Class A. Like a very knowledgeable fan said on another site (and not a Pikeville guy) the development of Isaac Duty at QB has added a whole new dimension and taken Pikeville to a higher level. Their defense is on a level now with some of the best defenses in school history. Hoot has no facts to back up whatsoever that Corbin is 2 TDs better than Pikeville. He just assumes it because Corbin has more students. I love Hoot but the last person I’m going to listen to about the team I have followed religiously for 50 years is someone who lives 500 miles away for decades while I live a short walk from our field.

Bottom line: almost everyone who follows football knows Pikeville can and has played with to very top teams in 4A except people with low football IQ and/or people think the school with the most students should win every game.
You seem to be having a difficult time posting without taking another shot at me. Relax and enjoy Pikeville's run to another 1A title as you dream about the Panthers beating the best teams in the state, none of which compete in 1A.
LOL you’re on tilt now.

No- no props!  Teams SHOULD absolutely start opting out of these games.  By the time you buy Joe Biden’s diesel; pay your drivers; feed your team….you go in the hole even financially by playing these joke worthless first round games.  And I don’t care how much people whine about the “let kids play” arguement….Does anyone think Muhammad Ali’s last years in boxing were in HIS best interest?

Yes SUGARRAY- “when it’s over; IT’S REALLY OVER!”
(11-05-2022, 10:40 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:

I cracked up at your response Hoot. It seems like every team Corbin has played is vastly underrated with tons of “very good” players.

Pikeville is well undervalued by many on this board. Some for no other reason that class snobbery like Jet said.  As Elton John might say, "Take it to the Pilot"  and he'll set the class snobs straight when it comes to the Panthers.

(11-05-2022, 01:11 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Hoot knows nothing about this Pikeville team except they are Class A. Like a very knowledgeable fan said on another site (and not a Pikeville guy) the development of Isaac Duty at QB has added a whole new dimension and taken Pikeville to a higher level. Their defense is on a level now with some of the best defenses in school history. Hoot has no facts to back up whatsoever that Corbin is 2 TDs better than Pikeville. He just assumes it because Corbin has more students. I love Hoot but the last person I’m going to listen to about the team I have followed religiously for 50 years is someone who lives 500 miles away for decades while I live a short walk from our field.

FACTS!!!

(11-05-2022, 01:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote: LOL you’re on tilt now.

I'm starting to really worry about his mental faculties.  I honestly wish Pikeville could have played JC at season's end because the Eagles would have been grounded bigtime, imho.  Really just don't get how people can't see that Pikeville is a 4A quality team playing for a 1A school.  Class snobbery is honestly the only viable explanation.
Let’s schedule Johnson Central in the Pike Co Bowl v Pikeville; Belfry should play Boyle; Shelby Valley should take on a Lloyd or NCC type school; East Ridge play Powell; Phelps v Morgan. Pike Central play Estill.

Be a great weekend of games!!!
Tongue.  

I love these threads.

Your egg was already cracked.

I agree with you on that. I've seen small schools beat the big schools too many times to count.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Old School Hound

I agree with you on that. I've seen small schools beat the big schools too many times to count  .
(11-05-2022, 01:24 PM)jetpilot Wrote: LOL you’re on tilt now.
LOL
(11-06-2022, 08:11 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Who’s Whitley play this week?
(11-06-2022, 01:55 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 07:35 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'm sure the Professor of Snobbermetrics wouldn't agree but Pikeville is right there with the top 4A teams.  If you took Pikeville and the top five or six 4A's, along with Pikeville and did a round robin play format, I think Pikeville would fare very well.  I disagree with the Professor Emeritus of Snob U who said they would "lose comfortably" to the top 4.

The same team that you play . Try harder
  • TD Hounds
(11-06-2022, 03:16 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 09:22 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If Pikeville is on the same level as Corbin, then Corbin's season is going to end within the next two weeks. Not every team that plays Corbin close is underrated. I think the Redhounds are at least a couple of touchdowns better. Don't you have anything better to do than trolling?

Big Grin Big Grin  Lord your something else…
(11-05-2022, 09:22 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If Pikeville is on the same level as Corbin, then Corbin's season is going to end within the next two weeks. Not every team that plays Corbin close is underrated. I think the Redhounds are at least a couple of touchdowns better. Don't you have anything better to do than trolling?

Lets have this debate on the Whitley thread for this week.
(11-06-2022, 04:01 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(11-05-2022, 10:40 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: I cracked up at your response Hoot. It seems like every team Corbin has played is vastly underrated with tons of “very good” players.

Lets have this debate on the Whitley thread for this week.
I'll play with your small mind on any thread.
  • Waitaminute