Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nicholas County
0%
Raceland
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicholas County @ Raceland 11/04
Nicholas County will travel to Raceland this Friday.

Nicholas County (7-3)
Aug 19, 22 Owen County home (W) 29 - 7 
Aug 26, 22 Berea home (W) 32 - 2  Travis Sims BlueJacket Bowl 
Sep 2, 22 Fairview away (W) 51 - 6 
Sep 9, 22 Fort Knox home (W) 41 - 18 
Sep 16, 22 Pendleton County away (W) 51 - 8 
Sep 23, 22 Frankfort away (W) 42 - 28 
Sep 30, 22 Bishop Brossart home (L) 15 - 17 
Oct 7, 22 Paris away (L) 40 - 47 
Oct 21, 22 Bracken County away (L) 13 - 14 
Oct 28, 22 Bath County home (W) 56 - 8

Raceland (9-1)
Aug 20, 22 Ashland Blazer at Wheelersburg, OH (W) 34 - 7 
Aug 27, 22 Russell home (W) 53 - 14 
Sep 2, 22 Rowan County home (W) 40 - 3 
Sep 9, 22 Highlands away (L) 14 - 24 
Sep 16, 22 West Carter home (W) 67 - 7 
Sep 23, 22 Greenup County away (W) 48 - 28 
Oct 7, 22 Betsy Layne away (W) 57 - 6 
Oct 14, 22 Fairview away (W) 68 - 6 
Oct 21, 22 Paintsville home (W) 38 - 14 
Oct 28, 22 Lawrence County away (W) 32 - 7

Thoughts?
Nicholas County is surprisingly not absolutely terrible, but Raceland is too much this season for any first round opponent. Raceland with the running clock.
RAMS pull away comfortably after the 1st Quarter.
I see this game playing out like the Lawrence County game and the Rams put away the Blue Jackets in the 2nd quarter.

Rams 47
Jackets 6
Rams
Rams Get’r did big time, running clock
Raceland making room reservation in Lexington in December

Raceland 56
Nicholas County 07
Raceland on a mission...
Nicholas County has always been an interesting program to fallow. It seem about every four years they have a good team. It looks as if they are having a decent year. I don’t know if this is a senior heavy team for them or if they are juniors and will be better next year. I looked at their losses and they’ve played a couple tight ball games. Raceland will be too much for them. Rams score early and often and get the clock running.

Raceland-49
NC - 12
Nicholas ALWAYS over achieves; when you consider the size of their county/school, and the fact that they have the same fine coach- year after year. They probably can’t beat Raceland, but Coach Hopkins does a great job over there. Plays with the kids that live in his district, coaches them up on fundamentals, and they play hard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • Panther Thunder
Whenever I played in the early 2000’s Nicholas was a tough district game and they even beat us 2 years in a row. I remember it always rained in those games and their field was rough.
(10-30-2022, 03:48 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: Whenever I played in the early 2000’s Nicholas was a tough district game and they even beat us 2 years in a row.  I remember it always rained in those games and their field was rough.
I’ve never been to Nicholas County when it hasn’t rained and yes…..their field turns into soup haha
Pikeville played Nicholas Co two years in a row a few years back in like the third round if I recall correctly. They usually seem to be better then most teams but can’t quite get over the hump in playoff play.
If the Rams keep up the same intensity I saw against Lawrence…..I say Rams by twelvety billion!
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • rookie57
(10-30-2022, 06:41 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: If the Rams keep up the same intensity I saw against Lawrence…..I say Rams by twelvety billion!
Lawrence County isn’t very good, ever heard or read that before Ram-A-Devil
The funny thing about this game is any of the teams from District 5 could of been the 1 seed. So they could test Raceland. But will they? I don’t expect it. Raceland will wear on them and pull away.
(10-30-2022, 06:41 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: If the Rams keep up the same intensity I saw against Lawrence…..I say Rams by twelvety billion!
Rams could play like they did vs Paintsville in the first half and still win by 12.20billion.
Rams and Pikeville run through the first 4 rounds like a hot knife through butter. They may hit a quarter, maybe two where they gotta over come some crap, but I dont see anyone giving them much of a problem. Both teams seem to have figured things out and are peaking at the right time.
Just saw that Raceland is out of school on November 4 due to excessive student and staff illness. Does this change anything for the game on Friday? Will it move to Saturday?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nope. Game Friday 7:30
(11-03-2022, 10:12 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Nope. Game Friday 7:30
They could be out of school all week and still play they are a preppy school Raceland Worthington High. Not trying to be funny just remember that was the schools name
Rams 53
Jackets 6

Nicholas Countys district was competitive. But lets not act like its a power district. Collectively the districts best win is probably Dayton. This district just doesnt really play anyone. This game wont be close. Much like the other 1st round games.
Raceland-Nicholas Co. Live Stream:

(11-04-2022, 07:08 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Rams 53
Jackets 6

Nicholas Countys district was competitive. But lets not act like its a power district. Collectively the districts best win is probably Dayton. This district just doesnt really play anyone. This game wont be close. Much like the other 1st round games.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see 3/4 teams from our district beat the teams from this one.
Raceland 7 Nicholas County 0 5:44 1st quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Raceland 14 Nicholas 0 3:10 1st quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NC has a nice little running back that hits the hole hard. I believe this is the smallest numbers I’ve ever seen for a NC team

21 kids on the team
Raceland 21 Nicholas 0 11:19 2nd quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Raceland 28 Nicholas 0 9:34 2nd quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Raceland 35 Nicholas 0 :09 2nd quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]