Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Playoff Time! Favorites and Dark Horses
As we start the playoffs for all classes this week who do you see as some of the favorites and dark horses for each class?  What match-ups do you hope we get and most look forward to seeing?
Bullitt East in 6A is my dark horse!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • BEChargers
Darkhorses in 4A : Central and Spencer .
1a: pikeville mail it in

2a: beechwood fav .. ocath dark horse

3a: cal mail it in

4a: corbin fav .. central darkhorse

5a: fd with 5 running clocks

6a: st x fav .. trinity dark horse
[-] The following 1 user Likes WhomTheBellTolls's post:
  • The Scoop
1A: Fav - Pikeville.. DH - KCD
2A: Fav - Beechwood.. DH - Walton-Verona
3A: Fav - CAL.. DH - Bell County
4A: Fav - Corbin.. DH - Central
5A: Fav - Douglass.. DH - Woodford County
6A: Fav - St. X.. DH - Manual
1A Favorite: Pikeville, Dark Horse: NCC
2A Favorite: Mayfield, Dark Horse: Owensboro Catholic
3A Favorite: CAL, Dark Horse: Tilghman
4A Favorite: Corbin, Dark Horse: Logan County
5A Favorite: Frederick Douglass, Dark Horse: Southwestern
6A Favorite: St. Xavier, Dark Horse: Ballard
1A Favorite - PIkeville...can't think of a darkhorse
2A Favorite - Beechwood, DarkHorse - Shelby Valley
3A Favorite - CAL, DarkHorse - Bardstown
4A Favorite - Boyle, Darkhorse - Johnson Central

I don't watch above 4A
(10-29-2022, 03:39 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Bullitt East in 6A is my dark horse!

5A ..........I don't see Frederick Douglass losing but i'll say Bowling Green
4A outside of the top 4....Letcher Central or Warren East
3A Bell County but Cals to lose...
2A LCA is my dark horse and is capable of still making a huge run...but Mayfields to lose IMO at this point
1A Raceland is the dark horse if there is one but Pikevilles to lose....
Won’t be a decent game worth watching for about 3 weeks. All first round games probably be blow outs.
(10-29-2022, 05:04 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Won’t be a decent game worth watching for about 3 weeks.  All first round games probably be blow outs.

I hope you are right!
(10-29-2022, 05:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 05:04 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Won’t be a decent game worth watching for about 3 weeks.  All first round games probably be blow outs.

I hope you are right!
If Taylor doesn't have kids suspended they will give Paducah Tilghman all they want, trust me. But the word is a couple will be suspended.
Bump
(10-29-2022, 03:58 PM)The Scoop Wrote: 1A: Fav - Pikeville..  DH - KCD
2A: Fav - Beechwood.. DH - Walton-Verona
3A: Fav - CAL..  DH - Bell County
4A: Fav - Corbin..  DH - Central
5A: Fav - Douglass..  DH - Woodford County
6A: Fav - St. X..  DH - Manual

Walton Verona will get beat by Lloyd on Friday!
1A: Favorite: Pikeville DH KCD
2A: Favorite: Beechwood DH OCath
3A: Favorite: CAL DH Union Co.
4A: Favorite: Corbin DH Warren East
5A: Favorite: Freddy D DH Owensboro
6A: Favorite: St. X DH Trinity
First, my definition of a dark horse is a team that most have written off that has a shot at winning a title, not the second best team in the class.

1A Favorite: Pikeville
1A Darkhorse: NCC

2A Favorite: Beechwood
2A Darkhorse: Owensboro Catholic

3A: Favorite: CAL
3A Darkhorse: Union County

4A Favorite: Lexington Catholic
4A Darkhorse: Logan County

5A Favorite: Frederick Douglass
5A Darkhorse: Owensboro

6A Favorite: Saint X
6A Darkhorse: Dupont Manual
(11-10-2022, 12:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: First, my definition of a dark horse is a team that most have written off that has a shot at winning a title, not the second best team in the class.

1A Favorite: Pikeville
1A Darkhorse: NCC

2A Favorite: Beechwood
2A Darkhorse: Owensboro Catholic

3A: Favorite: CAL
3A Darkhorse: Union County

4A Favorite: Lexington Catholic
4A Darkhorse: Logan County

5A Favorite: Frederick Douglass
5A Darkhorse: Owensboro

6A Favorite: Saint X
6A Darkhorse: Dupont Manual

A lot of people wrote Owensboro off after Owensboro Catholic upset but they're still a good football team.
[-] The following 2 users Like #GoCougs's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, jetpilot
My dark horse would be Raceland.

Can you consider Raceland a dark horse? I don’t know. They are very good football team with a lot of experience but Pikeville is the main name your here when you say 1A which is very much deserving because they are unbelievable. But I think Raceland could make a game of it potentially.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(11-10-2022, 02:19 PM)Spud6 Wrote: My dark horse would be Raceland.

Can you consider Raceland a dark horse? I don’t know. They are very good football team with a lot of experience but Pikeville is the main name your here when you say 1A which is very much deserving because they are unbelievable. But I think Raceland could make a game of it potentially.
I think Raceland has a good chance of winning 1A, which is why I didn't list them as my 1A dark horse. Pikeville is the obvious favorite to win 1A but I don't think that the gap between the Panthers and the Rams is a big one.
(11-10-2022, 02:24 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 02:19 PM)Spud6 Wrote: My dark horse would be Raceland.

I think Raceland has a good chance of winning 1A, which is why I didn't list them as my 1A dark horse. Pikeville is the obvious favorite to win 1A but I don't think that the gap between the Panthers and the Rams is a big one.
My 1A dark horse is NCC.  Traditionally they have always been a small school power and although they haven’t really beaten a good team this year they still seem to be a pretty good team.  I don’t think they could beat Pikeville but they could be good enough to beat Raceland should those teams meet.
NCC at home might have a puncher’s chance but coming to Raceland would end badly and coming to Pikeville would be over early
A few early turnovers or a key injury can cause some panic to set in for the better team. Even the best coaches sometimes abandon a perfectly good game plan too early. I don't think NCC is going to string together multiple upsets to win 1A, but aside from Pikeville and Raceland, every other 1A team seems to be a longshot. I just didn't want to leave the dark horse spot blank.  Smile
I don't know much about Raceland, but I would think the gap between them at PIkeville in 1A is a gaping hole.

Here, let me check to make sure...

Pikeville - 560 students
Raceland - 455 students

Yep, Pikeville should win by at least three scores, maybe four.
Put another way there are no darkhorses in Class A
Wow I had no idea Pikeville had 560.
I would never believe they could get 560 plus 7th and 8th in that building. Sure couldn’t when I was there.
(11-10-2022, 06:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: A few early turnovers or a key injury can cause some panic to set in for the better team. Even the best coaches sometimes abandon a perfectly good game plan too early. I don't think NCC is going to string together multiple upsets to win 1A, but aside from Pikeville and Raceland, every other 1A team seems to be a longshot. I just didn't want to leave the dark horse spot blank.  Smile
I hear what you are saying but Pikeville is too deep for an injury or 3 to matter vs NCC
(11-10-2022, 07:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Wow I had no idea Pikeville had 560.
I would never believe they could get 560 plus 7th and 8th in that building. Sure couldn’t when I was there.
You are assuming that the number given is correct without considering the reliability of the source. That is not a safe assumption.
I actually think NCC will be coming to the semis at Pikeville so that will be fun if it happens
(11-10-2022, 07:10 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I don't know much about Raceland, but I would think the gap between them at PIkeville in 1A  is a gaping hole.

Here, let me check to make sure...

Pikeville -  560 students
Raceland -  455 students

Yep, Pikeville should win by at least three scores, maybe four.
No matter how far ahead Pikeville gets, they are not going to play their 7th and 8th graders.