Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10/16 Belfry @ Lawrence County
Let’s go ahead and get this thread started. Belfry (4-3) travel to Louisa to face Lawrence County (6-1). Both teams are playing good football and this has all the makings of being a dandy of a football game. Bulldogs lost to Belfry twice last year, the last being a 21-14 defeat in the playoffs. Is this the year the Bulldogs knock off Belfry for the district championship and region? What’s your thoughts?
A lot of LC fans said last year they were the better team and they’d won if Belfry didn’t have Dixon. We’ll here is probably the best chance they’ve had to knock of the Pirates since they moved back into their district a few years back. They have them at home and Belfry does not have a Dixon type player this year who Belfry can just give the ball to to take over a game and single handily win it. I think LC keeps it close and maybe even leads at some point in the 2nd half but I think the Pirates win a close one in the end. Not sure this outcome matters too much though because East Carter is the best team in the sister district for playoffs and LC has already beat them in Grayson. Winner most likely gets Russell at home round 1 and Ashland at home round 2. Loser most likely gets Greenup at home round 1 and East Carter on the road round 2.
Go Dawgs!
Dawgs have a legitimate shot this year and years to come because the younger guys are really good and the youth program is rocking as well.
Belfry 35
LC. 21

Belfry coming off a bye week, and this is about the time of year they start to find their footing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VELVET CLOSER's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Heywood just knows how to keep his kids calm and keep getting better each week. Hard to explain it any other way.
I don’t see this game getting into the 30s because both defenses are solid. I could see it being a 21-20 or 24-22 kind of game.
Score?
Gc already beat LC this year at LC and East will either be the 3 or 4 seed
And?
(10-07-2022, 11:07 PM)ROTC Wrote: Score?

This game is next week
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(10-07-2022, 05:43 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: A lot of LC fans said last year they were the better team and they’d won if Belfry didn’t have Dixon. We’ll here is probably the best chance they’ve had to knock of the Pirates since they moved back into their district a few years back. They have them at home and Belfry does not have a Dixon type player this year who Belfry can just give the ball to to take over a game and single handily win it. I think LC keeps it close and maybe even leads at some point in the 2nd half but I think the Pirates win a close one in the end. Not sure this outcome matters too much though because East Carter is the best team in the sister district for playoffs and LC has already beat them in Grayson. Winner most likely gets Russell at home round 1 and Ashland at home round 2. Loser most likely gets Greenup at home round 1 and East Carter on the road round 2.
No way I pick against Belfry in this matchup
Belfry-27
Lawrence county-14

Don't write Belfry off especially coming off an off week. Belfry in a statement game. This is were Belfry takes off. Remember I said this.
Is this game scheduled for a Sunday it says in the thread 10/16?
It’s 10/14 on Friday. I don’t think anyone has wrote Belfry off ever lol. Everyone knows they are always a solid team.
I’ll say this, if you think LC doesn’t have a chance than clearly you’ve not seen them play.
Actually a pretty important game the way things are shaping up. Winner likely gets a putrid Russell team in the first round and avoids a trip to Putnam Stadium. And I guarantee the outcome matters to the players.

I think these teams are fairly evenly matched. The outcome may depend on which team can find a matchup advantage and exploit it. I expect a game of limited possessions so turnovers will be huge. A two score win for either side would be a surprise.
LC should be the favorite going in. The advantages certainly stack in favor of the Bulldogs. LC is facing a young, unproven Pirate team. Being at home is a plus certainly. Belfry simply hasn’t shown they’re mature enough to handle big games on the road. Couple of injuries may come into play as well. That being said….will LC be too hyped up? It’s been a long, long time since LC’s won a game against the Pirates. If the game is tight late….that may benefit Belfry, despite being on the road. I truly don’t see either team as a serious threat to winning 3A….both have way too many holes IMO to overcome a high quality opponent. No predictions. Should be a good contest. Interested to see how it plays out.
LC is a veteran team with several dudes who have started for 3-4 years. I don't see them getting too hyped or intimidated by the Belfry jersey. I think last year's playoff game taught them about the intensity you need to bring to a big game. That being said, Belfry has some guys who've won a state championship, and their schedule has been tougher than LC's.

I agree with OJW that neither team looks like a threat to win 3A, but it wouldn't be shocking to see either come out of the east and make it to Commonwealth Stadium.
Same old “This is the year Lawrence beats Belfry” blah blah.. Make it 24 straight L’s for the Dawgs after Friday.
Lawrence by eleventy billion
[-] The following 1 user Likes irishcard16's post:
  • jetpilot
And you may be right but either team can win this matchup, this is one of the more even matchups between these two programs I think going back to 2015.
This should be a physical, tight game. I do think the winner of the playoff game in a few weeks between these two will represent the East. But that’s a lot of given the givens and assuming the assumptions on my part.
Belfry has steadily improved and it appears LC has tracked upward. Hopefully neither team suffers injuries from here thru the playoffs.
(10-07-2022, 05:26 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: Let’s go ahead and get this thread started. Belfry (4-3) travel to Louisa to face Lawrence County (6-1). Both teams are playing good football and this has all the makings of being a dandy of a football game. Bulldogs lost to Belfry twice last year, the last being a 21-14 defeat in the playoffs. Is this the year the Bulldogs knock off Belfry for the district championship and region? What’s your thoughts?

This game will come down to penalties and turnovers. If the dawgs can keep their heads and run a solid game they have the talent thats evident! They have a great chance to prove their worth in this matchup! Go Dawgs!
Serious question, does LC have a bunch of transfers?
Transfers?
All of LC's kids live in Lawrence County and have been in the LC school system since elementary school.
This should be a good game. Can the Lawrence Co. HC prove he can coach his team up to win a big game? I guess we'll find out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LCfootball's post:
  • Dawg Family
(10-08-2022, 02:16 PM)irishcard16 Wrote: Lawrence by eleventy billion
Get your own material. That’s copy write infringement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • TheStickyBandit