Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 47, Martin Co 34
Final
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
After a horrendous first quarter, Valley outscores MC 47-13 over the next 3 quarters and basically locks up the overall 1 seed for the playoffs.

SV's offense is state semi finals good.
Not much defense on either side from what I watched.
Shelby Valley is going to be very good next year
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(10-06-2022, 10:44 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: After a horrendous first quarter, Valley outscores MC 47-13 over the next 3 quarters and basically locks up the overall 1 seed for the playoffs.

If SV is in the 3rd round most likely they’d go to Beechwood barring no upsets in round 1 or 2. Breathitt, Beechwood, Lloyd Memorial, and Walton Verona are all ahead of this currently in rpi and SV ends the season with Hazard which won’t help much since they are 1A.
Watching this game was like watching an arena league football game except Martin County kept the ball on the ground. There was no defense.
(10-06-2022, 10:50 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(10-06-2022, 10:44 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: After a horrendous first quarter, Valley outscores MC 47-13 over the next 3 quarters and basically locks up the overall 1 seed for the playoffs.

If SV is in the 3rd round most likely they’d go to Beechwood barring no upsets in round 1 or 2. Breathitt, Beechwood, Lloyd Memorial, and Walton Verona are all ahead of this currently in rpi and SV ends the season with Hazard which won’t help much since they are 1A.
3rd round would likely be against Breathitt County. RPI won’t play in until semifinals.
(10-06-2022, 11:32 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:

3rd round would likely be against Breathitt County. RPI won’t play in until semifinals.
No RPI is seeded 3rd round. 1-4 districts 1-4 and 1-4 for districts 5-8. Then the semi finals the 4 teams left. 4 goes to 1 and 3 goes to 2. Winners play in finals.
I had posted in the game thread, wondering if anyone was going to play any defense.  Well, while clinging to a 41-34 lead in the 4th quarter, Valley finally made a defensive stand by stopping the Cardinals on 4th down.  They then scored again shortly after to lock up the win.

This game was just a combination of good offense and bad defense.  Valley possessed the ball 9 times, scoring 7 touchdowns.  The other two drives ended in an interception off a tipped pass, and when Valley allowed the clock to run out at the end of the game.  Martin also scored on all but 2 of their possessions, the exceptions being a brief drive right before halftime, and the aforementioned turnover on downs.  Neither team punted all night.

Valley has now all but locked up the district title and the 1-seed that comes with it.  They will play the first 2 rounds of the playoffs at home.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I loved watching this thing!!!  It was like Ali-Frazier.  Kinda wanted Martin to win just because of the old school offensive look.

Won't help when Hazard beats them either
I wouldn’t write off that Hazard game. Definitely gonna be a good game.
If no upsets in round 1 should be Middlesboro at Shelby Valley in 2nd Rd of playoffs. That would be a good one.
As a defensive minded person, this game was so hard to watch. Shelby Valley is one of only a handful of teams in the area that could have came back from that terrible first quarter.
I was very impressed with #4 for Valley, I believe Brady Bentley. That kid is very exciting to watch when he gets the ball in open space.