Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gardner-Webb vs. (22) Kentucky - 2K Sports Classic
Gardner-Webb will take on the Kentucky Wildcats for the second round of the 2K Sports Classic (Benefits Coaches vs. Cancer). Predictions?
Cats big time. They will score more in this game. Cats by 35
Kentucky-78
Garnder Webb-55
Kentucky will come out playing a whole lot better on offense after a warmup against Central Arkansas.

UK - 81
GW - 48
Uk-88
Gw-61
I think the Cats will play better on offense, but Gardner-Webb is a better team than Central Arkansas and should score more than 40 points. Also, having just played today both teams may have tired legs, which would affect each team's defensive intensity. I see a higher-scoring affair.

Kentucky 82
Gardner-Webb 58
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If the offense can play like the defense UK can really run away with this one. But I'd look for Crawford, Bradley, Coury, Porter, and Patterson too start with Joe, Jodie, and Patrick to have big games. GO BIG BLUE!

Kentucky- 83
Gardner-Webb- 54
blackcat_student Wrote:If the offense can play like the defense UK can really run away with this one. But I'd look for Crawford, Bradley, Coury, Porter, and Patterson too start with Joe, Jodie, and Patrick to have big games. GO BIG BLUE!

Kentucky- 83
Gardner-Webb- 54

I can't see Meeks not starting, even though he didn't have a great game tonight. He is still the best pure scorer on the team. If Porter starts again tomorrow night, I would assume it is because BCG thinks Crawford is not yet physically ready.

I hope the starting lineup for the rest of the year is Bradley, Meeks, Crawford, Coury, and Patterson.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I will be attending this game.

UK - 79
Gardner Webb - 58
I see Kentucky winning by at least 20+
Cats advance easy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I can't see Meeks not starting, even though he didn't have a great game tonight. He is still the best pure scorer on the team. If Porter starts again tomorrow night, I would assume it is because BCG thinks Crawford is not yet physically ready.

I hope the starting lineup for the rest of the year is Bradley, Meeks, Crawford, Coury, and Patterson.

I think Gillespie is doing the starting lineup by how they played in the previous game. But I agree with you that Meeks is the purest scorer on the team, but he didn't try to create anything for himself against Central Arkansas. And thats why I think he will not start against G-W.
blackcat_student Wrote:I think Gillespie is doing the starting lineup by how they played in the previous game. But I agree with you that Meeks is the purest scorer on the team, but he didn't try to create anything for himself against Central Arkansas. And thats why I think he will not start against G-W.

I don't know it's that's true, but I really hope it isn't. If he sets each game's starting lineup based on who played the best in the previous game, the lineup will change almost every night. He really needs to settle on the best 5 players and roll with it every game, unless somebody is dogging it in practice and he sits them at the start of a game in order to teach a lesson. I will be extremely disappointed if Meeks isn't starting tomorrow.

I still think the best lineup is Bradley, Meeks, Crawford, Coury and Patterson.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I don't know it's that's true, but I really hope it isn't. If he sets each game's starting lineup based on who played the best in the previous game, the lineup will change almost every night. He really needs to settle on the best 5 players and roll with it every game, unless somebody is dogging it in practice and he sits them at the start of a game in order to teach a lesson. I will be extremely disappointed if Meeks isn't starting tomorrow.

I still think the best lineup is Bradley, Meeks, Crawford, Coury and Patterson.

I meant in the previous thread that Billy Clyde would do the starting lineup by how they played in the previous game, but all I think he is trying to do is find the players identity. Through the next couple of games I think he will do that, later on I think it there will be a starting lineup that will be set up for the rest of the season.

IMO, it will look like this:

Ramel Bradley
Jodie Meeks
Joe Crawford
Mark Coury
Patrick Patterson

These are the best players at there respected positions.
blackcat_student Wrote:IMO, it will look like this:

Ramel Bradley
Jodie Meeks
Joe Crawford
Mark Coury
Patrick Patterson

These are the best players at there respected positions.

That is exactly the lineup I suggested in my previous post, so yes, I agree with you there. In the preseason I never would've imagined Coury would be worthy of starting, but he looks like his game has really improved over the summer. Even if he doesn't keep scoring at this pace, I expect him to still provide 7-8 rebounds/game.

As for Crawford not starting yet, I suppose he's trying to make a point about him not practicing as hard as some other guys. And that's ok for now, but when we start playing teams like UConn and Memphis next week we need to have the best 5 guys on the floor as much as possible. And that most definitely includes Crawford.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:I will be attending this game.

UK - 79
Gardner Webb - 58

Pump some life into the crowd tomorrow. It was a graveyard tonight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cats big, by 35
Cats 94
G-W 69
Kentucky
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'll also be at the game....

Cats by 30!
GO BIG BLUE!
When is the game and what channel will it be on
9:00 o clock i think
airing on espn u
alfus21 Wrote:Pump some life into the crowd tomorrow. It was a graveyard tonight.

I'll do my best.

My dad and I hope to continue our streak, we have attended 39 home games dating back to the '97 season. Kentucky has yet to lose any game we have attended. And we have attended some very good games.

i.e. Florida - UK, 2003, kentucky blew out the #1 ranked gators. We also attended the Florida game where tayshaun hit the game winning shot, I believe that was 2002. I was also at the USC game in 05 where Rondo of all people hit the game winning three.
Does anyone know if this game will be on "regular" tv?

I, for one, don't get ESPN8 - The Ocho....I mean ESPNU.

If this isn't on FSN or WKYT can someone please post updates?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Does anyone know if this game will be on "regular" tv?

I, for one, don't get ESPN8 - The Ocho....I mean ESPNU.

If this isn't on FSN or WKYT can someone please post updates?

I'll do game updates. :Thumbs:
Kentucky by 25.