Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barber-Peterson Week 10 Projections
Alright, I claim to know a little something about football, but ESPN is filled with experts, and I completely don't understand this ranking in this fantasy football matchup.

First off I have Adrian Peterson and LT in this league, so I've been blowing every team out the past few weeks. This week, I have the advantage in every category except defense (I have the Chargers who play the Colts and he has the Jags who play the Titans, so that part's understandable), and in the one running back category because I have Peterson and he has Marion Barber. I'm going to pick up another defense,

Reason for this thread is to see if someone could please validate Barber over Peterson. Barber plays the Giants, and Peterson plays the Packers, the Packers have allowed an average of 10 fewer yards a game than the Giants but the Giants have allowed only 3 touchdowns to the Packers 6 allowed. Furthermore, Peterson has been unstopable this year, easily the best runner and most productive back in the league.

Can anyone please explain this projection?
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Alright, I claim to know a little something about football, but ESPN is filled with experts, and I completely don't understand this ranking in this fantasy football matchup.

First off I have Adrian Peterson and LT in this league, so I've been blowing every team out the past few weeks. This week, I have the advantage in every category except defense (I have the Chargers who play the Colts and he has the Jags who play the Titans, so that part's understandable), and in the one running back category because I have Peterson and he has Marion Barber. I'm going to pick up another defense,

Reason for this thread is to see if someone could please validate Barber over Peterson. Barber plays the Giants, and Peterson plays the Packers, the Packers have allowed an average of 10 fewer yards a game than the Giants but the Giants have allowed only 3 touchdowns to the Packers 6 allowed. Furthermore, Peterson has been unstopable this year, easily the best runner and most productive back in the league.

Can anyone please explain this projection?

Start LT and AP all year, don't be dumb, look to dump Barber for a weak spot in your lineup.
Booya Wrote:Start LT and AP all year, don't be dumb, look to dump Barber for a weak spot in your lineup.

I don't have Barber, Barber's on the team I'm playing and it says that he'll score more than AP, that's what/why I'm asking
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
The reason is because the other 3 teams are top tier teams while the Vikings are sub par overall because of their lack of true QB play. Thus the thought it that all of the teams will put up points, but the Vikings should lose soundly and have by far the fewest points scored and with fewer points scored, it translates to less fantasy point chances for All Day. That's the most logical explanation I can think of for now, and this is coming from a die-hard Minnesota fan.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
OK, ESPN's fantasy rankings have Barber 10th, and Peterson first, yet on ESPN's fantasy league, it's a push.
The projections was done prior to the start of the year due to what I have came to understand.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:The projections was done prior to the start of the year due to what I have came to understand.

I doubt it because then people like Derek Anderson (wasn't starting at until midway through the first game) and other players who came in due to injuries and whatever wouldn't be projected as having any value for these weeks.