3. Lexington Catholic   5-1  76 2

4. Johnson Central   3-2  54 4

5. Logan County   5-1  45 5

6. Spencer County   5-1  43 6

7. Warren East   6-0  42 7

8. Franklin County   2-4  18 10

9. Central   2-4  12 9

10. Perry County Central  4-1  9  8

Others receiving votes: Holmes 8. Boyd County 6. Letcher County Central 6. Franklin-Simpson 4. Hopkinsville 3. Madisonville-North Hopkins 2.

https://sports.yahoo.com/check-weeks-ass...52618.html
Letcher County Central should be on the top 10. 

I wonder how good Logan, Spencer and Warren East are? Will we see a new team other than Franklin and Central in round 4?
I think the top 4 are correct at the moment.
(09-28-2022, 08:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Letcher County Central should be on the top 10. 

I wonder how good Logan, Spencer and Warren East are? Will we see a new team other than Franklin and Central in round 4?
I agree, switch Letcher and Perry. But I do not think it matters outside of the Top 4.... on second thought... the top 3.
(09-28-2022, 08:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Letcher County Central should be on the top 10. 

Thinking the same thing. I think warren might be a problem for someone. Not seen a whole lot of them. But what I have, a very decent looking team
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-29-2022, 02:59 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

Thinking the same thing. I think warren might be a problem for someone. Not seen a whole lot of them. But what I have, a very decent looking team

Saw warren east actually throw against corbin in 7 on 7 at eku this summer. corbin pulled it out by 2 but it was a heck of a match up with great athletes on field for both sides. i think they have potential to make some noise on the west side
(09-29-2022, 10:16 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:

I agree, switch Letcher and Perry. But I do not think it matters outside of the Top 4.... on second thought... the top 3.

Johnson Central will be there in the end I could be wrong but I wouldn’t bet on it…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-29-2022, 08:33 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Johnson Central will be there in the end I could be wrong but I wouldn’t bet on it…

Johnson Central is going to be right in the middle of it when that time comes...I have not doubts about it...3rd round games in 4A will be some nice ones..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TD Hounds
(09-29-2022, 08:47 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Johnson Central is going to be right in the middle of it when that time comes...I have not doubts about it...3rd round games in 4A will be some nice ones..
I wouldn’t doubt it, still plenty of season left.
[-] The following 2 users Like TheStickyBandit's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
I'm not sold on Lexington Catholic. They really have been a non-factor in the playoffs since they moved up from 3A. Next week should tell us a lot about Boyle County and Lexington Catholic. I haven't seen LC play this season but in the past, LC has not fared well against physical run-oriented teams. 

Finesse teams often have a lot of defensive players who are not accustomed to heavy contact during practice. A single running back has accounted for all but one of LC's rushing TDs and a single receiver has accounted for most of their receiving touchdowns. It is easy to see how Covington Catholic held them to only 6 points. That is the lowest point total that Covington Catholic has allowed this season. I think that Lexington Catholic would have a difficult time handling Corbin or Johnson's running games. 

(I understand that Boyle County has had a lot of injured players out, and combined with the rivalry between the two teams, maybe the  will be closer than expected. I wonder when Boyle County will be able to field a healthy team.)
(09-29-2022, 09:06 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:

It's mid season and Johnson Central is in mid-season form, right on schedule. Their defense has been stout since the opening kickoff but their offense and special teams play has improved a lot over the past few games. If Carter Conley returns before the playoffs, it will be a bonus.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-29-2022, 09:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I'm not sold on Lexington Catholic. They really have been a non-factor in the playoffs since they moved up from 3A. Next week should tell us a lot about Boyle County and Lexington Catholic. I haven't seen LC play this season but in the past, LC has not fared well against physical run-oriented teams. 

Finesse teams often have a lot of defensive players who are not accustomed to heavy contact during practice. A single running back has accounted for all but one of LC's rushing TDs and a single receiver has accounted for most of their receiving touchdowns. It is easy to see how Covington Catholic held them to only 6 points. That is the lowest point total that Covington Catholic has allowed this season. I think that Lexington Catholic would have a difficult time handling Corbin or Johnson's running games. 

(I understand that Boyle County has had a lot of injured players out, and combined with the rivalry between the two teams, maybe the  will be closer than expected. I wonder when Boyle County will be able to field a healthy team.)

Boyle has been pretty fortunate as far as injuries go for quite a while and I think that it caught up to us this year.  I don't think we will be at full strength this year.  I just don't.  But I'm not making excuses and still think they will be tough to beat in the playoffs but I just think it's one of those years and being honest we haven't had a bad injury year in a while so it is what it is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Hound05
(09-29-2022, 11:26 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 09:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I'm not sold on Lexington Catholic. They really have been a non-factor in the playoffs since they moved up from 3A. Next week should tell us a lot about Boyle County and Lexington Catholic. I haven't seen LC play this season but in the past, LC has not fared well against physical run-oriented teams. 

Boyle has been pretty fortunate as far as injuries go for quite a while and I think that it caught up to us this year.  I don't think we will be at full strength this year.  I just don't.  But I'm not making excuses and still think they will be tough to beat in the playoffs but I just think it's one of those years and being honest we haven't had a bad injury year in a while so it is what it is.
Don’t forget. Lex cath- most of the time- seems to play BC well. Maybe its the rivalry?? I don’t know?? Certain teams played beyond their normal scope against us too. Lex cath looks to be better than they were last year. They run pretty good, and pass above average too. But to me, a lot of it is their sets, and plays that make them look so good. They hide coverages and blitzes out of that 3-5 very well. And on offense, sometbing I noticed, they would come out in a pretty normal set, but by the time the ball was snapped they’ll motion someone over to one side and have 4 blockers on a quick pitch to the outside with maybe a corner, safety and an OLB. Numbers win most of the time. But even on other plays, they’re moving around so much it will be very confusing for a Defense with out a good scouting report. Their O is almost hard to explain without seeing it. Don’t get me wrong they have talent, but just looking it seems like they have a good coach or coordinator. They are fun to watch. But I agree with whoever said it, they’ll have a hard time against a mountain team or someone very physical. But they do have the ability for the Home run play which makes them dangerous in my book
(09-29-2022, 09:36 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 09:06 PM)TheStickyBandit Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 10:16 AM)TheStickyBandit Wrote: I agree, switch Letcher and Perry. But I do not think it matters outside of the Top 4.... on second thought... the top 3.

It's mid season and Johnson Central is in mid-season form, right on schedule. Their defense has been stout since the opening kickoff but their offense and special teams play has improved a lot over the past few games. If Carter Conley returns before the playoffs, it will be a bonus.
As mentioned previously, I would not doubt it. There is plenty of time in the season left. But as of this week, because this thread is about the teams rankings and standings as of now in the season, I do not think JC is a contender just yet, they aren't far out from it though. I do think you are right. Johnson Central is improving week to week and that's a great sign. But as of now, they're not ready for Corbin or Boyle. But to be fair, I am not sure that Lex Cath is either.

It's kind of funny. I think that Lex Cath would play Corbin and Boyle closer this week than JC would, but looking ahead in the season, I think JC will end up being the better team who makes a further run in the playoffs. 

I could be wrong and that definitely would not be the first time nor the last time lol but I do think that it's a fair take.