Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
83.33%
Prestonsburg
16.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley @ Prestonsburg 9/30
Shelby Valley will travel to Prestonsburg this Friday.

Shelby Valley (3-2)
Aug 19, 22 Letcher County Central away (L) 48 - 52 
Aug 27, 22 Pike County Central at Pikeville (W) 59 - 7  Pike County Bowl 
Sep 2, 22 Floyd Central home (W) 36 - 0 
Sep 9, 22 North Laurel away (L) 12 - 27
Sep 23, 22 West Carter home (W) 54 - 21

Prestonsburg (6-0)
Aug 19, 22 Betsy Layne home (W) 28 - 25 
Aug 26, 22 Magoffin County away (W) 26 - 18 
Sep 2, 22 Phelps away (W) 50 - 14 
Sep 9, 22 Powell County away (W) 42 - 26 
Sep 16, 22 Floyd Central home (W) 33 - 28 
Sep 23, 22 East Ridge away (W) 42 - 36

Series Per KHSAA
Oct 23, 1998 Prestonsburg 47 Shelby Valley 6 District Game
Oct 22, 1999 Shelby Valley 20 Prestonsburg 14 District game
Oct 20, 2000 Prestonsburg 18 Shelby Valley 0 (District Game)
Oct 19, 2001 Prestonsburg 62 Shelby Valley 0
Oct 25, 2002 Prestonsburg 54 Shelby Valley 0
Oct 24, 2003 Shelby Valley 2 Prestonsburg 0 (forfeit)
Oct 22, 2004 Prestonsburg 62 Shelby Valley 12
Oct 21, 2005 Prestonsburg 48 Shelby Valley 27
Oct 20, 2006 Prestonsburg 31 Shelby Valley 8
Oct 26, 2007 Prestonsburg 14 Shelby Valley 0
Nov 16, 2007 Prestonsburg 38 Shelby Valley 0 2007 Class 2A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Oct 31, 2008 Prestonsburg 13 Shelby Valley 12
Oct 23, 2009 Prestonsburg 21 Shelby Valley 12
Oct 22, 2010 Prestonsburg 56 Shelby Valley 34
Oct 7, 2011 Prestonsburg 48 Shelby Valley 35
Oct 5, 2012 Prestonsburg 56 Shelby Valley 7
Oct 11, 2013 Prestonsburg 55 Shelby Valley 13
Oct 10, 2014 Prestonsburg 26 Shelby Valley 18
Nov 21, 2014 Shelby Valley 20 Prestonsburg 14 2014 Class 2A Russell Athletic/KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl OT(overtime)
Sep 25, 2015 Shelby Valley 12 Prestonsburg 7
Sep 23, 2016 Prestonsburg 56 Shelby Valley 28
Oct 5, 2017 Prestonsburg 34 Shelby Valley 17
Oct 4, 2018 Shelby Valley 49 Prestonsburg 0
Oct 3, 2019 Shelby Valley 61 Prestonsburg 14
Oct 1, 2020 Shelby Valley 48 Prestonsburg 13
Sep 30, 2021 Shelby Valley 58 Prestonsburg 36

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d

Thoughts?
Prestonsburg goes to 6-1 after this week.
Shelby Valley 42
Prestonsburg 20
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Westside
Shelby Valley by 2-3 scores.
I agree with you all. Pburg goes down this week.
Shelby Valley
Shelby Valley 42
Prestonsburg 28
Prestonsburg has handled their business so far this season. It hasn't always been pretty, but they're playing good football and the coaches have had these guys well prepared for every opponent so far. This week is going to be their biggest challenge yet. Shelby Valley has a very explosive offense that's led by junior QB Russ Osborne, senior RB Jayden Newsome, and junior WR Brady Bentley.

For Prestonsburg to win: they need to run the ball and keep the chains moving. They must avoid 3rd and long. Limiting SV offensive possessions is a must. Pburg's defense just needs to play very disciplined football. Shelby Valley has 4 guys that can score at anytime from anywhere on the field. Cannot afford a bunch of missed tackles and have to capitalize on SV mistakes. Defense must get pressure on Osborne and make plays in the backfield.

IMO, if Pburg can keep this game close in the first half then they have a chance. I mean we've been outscored by a average of 41-11 to Valley during our 5 game losing streak to them, so keeping this game close for a half is going to be HUGE. Just need to be able to run the ball, limit offensive possessions for SV, and avoid giving up the big plays. It's easier said then done, but I think this Prestonsburg team is capable of it. It's a home game and Blackcat Stadium has been rocking so far this year, so I expect another large turnout and rowdy atmosphere.

As for my prediction... IF Pburg is able to do what I said above, it's a toss up and may come down to whoever has the ball last. IF Shelby Valley jumps out early and forces Pburg out of their comfort zone then the Blackcats are in for a long night and probably lose by 3+ touchdowns.

Hoping for a clean and fun game... Go Blackcats!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, waughdaddy59
Prestonsburg finally plays a team with a winning record and they go down.

Shelby valley-45
Prestonsburg- 16

Prestonsburg also gets beat against Martin county.
Like I said in an earlier thread, Mountain football is better when Prestonsburg is good. As much as I would like to see Prestonsburg win this game and go 7-0, my prediction is this game could get ugly. Not taking anything away from Coach Brewer and his staff, but Shelby Valley may have one of the best offenses in the Mountains. Looking at Prestonsburg's schedule they really haven't played anyone of note. I know East Ridge has some athletes, but if you give up 35 points to the Warriors, you are probably going to give up 60 to Shelby Valley. If Prestonsburg can generate some early turnovers, and get some early scores, I believe they have a chance, but if it turns into a track meet, things could get out of hand. I would like to see Prestonsburg pull off the upset, but I believe Osborn and company will be too much in the end. Shelby Valley wins 48-21.
The Blackcats will get a dose of reality this week. Valley takes this one by a comfortable margin. 

Valley- 36
Blackcats- 14
WYMT2 game of the week
(09-27-2022, 08:01 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Prestonsburg finally plays a team with a winning record and they go down.

Shelby valley-45
Prestonsburg- 16

Prestonsburg also gets beat against Martin county.
I was going to say the same thing.  Unfortunately for the Blackcats, there won’t be a district championship trophy displayed for the 2022 season.
Valley by 4 plus TDS
Would love to see the Blackcats get their program back to the level it once was, as already has been said it's good for mountain football and hopefully they will get there. I will take Valley in this one though 54-22, the Wildcats are a good team and building a solid program it seems.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Humpty Dumpty's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
Well, its time to see what this P-Burg team is made of. It feels good to be 6-0 for the first time in over 10 years. Coach Brewer has his chance to make a statement with a program changing win. If the Blackcats could somehow pull off the upset, they would be looking at the possibility of a 10-0 season and a district championship. I think we have a chance, but if the defense doesn't play with more discipline, we could be in for a long night. Offensively, I think we will score enough points to put us in a position to win, but our defense must meet the challenge. Jarvis is a one man wrecking crew, and Porter and company are playing well on the offensive line. I know Porter and Little are banged up, but both are expected to play. As I said earlier, it boils down to our defense being able to stop the pass and contain their QB. As bad as I hate to say it, I think our schedule up to this point will come back to bite us, and we leave Friday Night with a 6-1 record.

Final Score:
Shelby Valley - 52
Prestonsburg - 35
This will be by far the best competition that Prestonsburg has faced this season. It has been awhile since Prestonsburg has played in a game of such significance so I think the kids come out fired up and ready to play.

With that being said I can't imagine a scenario where P-burg is able to score with Valley. The SV offense has looked good all year for the most part but tonight they will have to stack the box on defense and defend the run. Prestonsburg wins if they are able to dominate time of possession, limit turnovers, and force 3/4 turnovers by SV.

Valley - 54
P-burg - 18
I'm not sure I'm ready to bury Prestonsburg just yet!! Shelby Valley, who does have a good offense, will give up points as their defense isn't as good as their O!! Sure P-burg hasn't beat a good team but they're still undefeated!! These kids & this staff know what's at stake & what's being said about them!! I look for the Blackcats to show up & play their guts out tonight!! It may not be pretty, but something's telling me the home team wins this one!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Boomer_Sooner's post:
  • waughdaddy59