Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Madison Central
24.14%
Pikeville
75.86%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison Central @ Pikeville 9/30
For those of you who believe that anybody predicting a Pikeville blowout are "trolling." I predict a 21 point winning margin for Pikeville. The objective numbers say that I am being too generous to Madison Central. I say those of you who are predicting a one or two point Pikeville win are sandbagging.

From CalPreps.com:
UPCOMING:
09/30   vs Madison Central (Richmond, KY) [opponent rating: 15.8] projection: Pikeville (KY) 40 Madison Central (Richmond, KY) 14
Fair enough Hoot and I hope you end up being right. Two points though. 1 The algorithm cannot possibly account for the injury bug and 2 MC has the personnel to complete at the top of 6A along with one of the best coaches in KY history. They have proven that. So they are winning ugly, we know they will compete for 6A title if they can get healthy. I personally hope it’s not this week that they put it all together, but I feel sure it is coming sooner rather than later.
(09-29-2022, 01:38 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Fair enough Hoot and I hope you end up being right. Two points though. 1 The algorithm cannot possibly account for the injury bug and 2 MC has the personnel to complete at the top of 6A along with one of the best coaches in KY history. They have proven that. So they are winning ugly, we know they will compete for 6A title if they can get healthy. I personally hope it’s not this week that they put it all together, but I feel sure it is coming sooner rather than later.
You're right about the algorithm - it cannot possibly account for injuries, nor can it account for team depth and their ability to deal with injuries. If you look at Madison Central's strength of schedule on CalPreps or Massey, you will see that 1A Pikeville is playing a much stronger schedule than 6A Madison Central. IMO, that should never happen. It appears to be an effort at RPI padding, but if Madison Central loses a couple of games to teams in lower classifications, their RPI will sink like a rock.

The reason that an undefeated Madison Central team is ranked below Pikeville is their extremely weak SOS. Johnson Central is playing a weak schedule for a 4A school this season, and their schedule is still much stronger than Madison Central's. Given the schools location in central Kentucky and near I-75, Madison Central is playing a weak schedule that is loaded with smaller schools because they do not want to play a strong schedule. They are located within a two-hour drive of a large number of schools with strong 6A teams.

Systems like CalPreps are not very accurate until near the end of the season, but even then a team that runs the table during the regular season against weak competition will be rewarded with a higher ranking than they deserve.
(09-29-2022, 02:20 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 01:38 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Fair enough Hoot and I hope you end up being right. Two points though. 1 The algorithm cannot possibly account for the injury bug and 2 MC has the personnel to complete at the top of 6A along with one of the best coaches in KY history. They have proven that. So they are winning ugly, we know they will compete for 6A title if they can get healthy. I personally hope it’s not this week that they put it all together, but I feel sure it is coming sooner rather than later.
You're right about the algorithm - it cannot possibly account for injuries, nor can it account for team depth and their ability to deal with injuries. If you look at Madison Central's strength of schedule on CalPreps or Massey, you will see that 1A Pikeville is playing a much stronger schedule than 6A Madison Central. IMO, that should never happen. It appears to be an effort at RPI padding, but if Madison Central loses a couple of games to teams in lower classifications, their RPI will sink like a rock.

The reason that an undefeated Madison Central team is ranked below Pikeville is their extremely weak SOS. Johnson Central is playing a weak schedule for a 4A school this season, and their schedule is still much stronger than Madison Central's. Given the schools location in central Kentucky and near I-75, Madison Central is playing a weak schedule that is loaded with smaller schools because they do not want to play a strong schedule. They are located within a two-hour drive of a large number of schools with strong 6A teams.

Systems like CalPreps are not very accurate until near the end of the season, but even then a team that runs the table during the regular season against weak competition will be rewarded with a higher ranking than they deserve.
Agreed. I think Calpreps awards wins too much. If two even teams play a 6 OT game that team A wins by 1 point, team A will get a nice ratings boost and team B will take a significant ratings hit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
Jet! Can you buy tickets at the game or do you have to buy them online?
(09-29-2022, 10:18 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Jet! Can you buy tickets at the game or do you have to buy them online?

Meet me at the game and I can get you in for zero. Or leave you a ticket at the gate just tell them you are Ram AD.
(09-29-2022, 10:44 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 10:18 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Jet! Can you buy tickets at the game or do you have to buy them online?

Meet me at the game and I can get you in for zero. Or leave you a ticket at the gate just tell them you are Ram AD.
I’m leaving here at 2 will have my son and another friend with me.
(09-29-2022, 10:48 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:

Sending you a PM, you're covered.
I picked Pikeville, but wont be surprised if Central wins.
(09-29-2022, 10:58 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Dang Ram-A-Devil if you want to sit with me and my wife I will save you guys a seat and you can sit in the maroon section with us and we can talk football all evening
(09-25-2022, 09:34 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: Madison Central got the Panthers last year and they basically have the same team they had last year so this year I am picking the Panthers to win and  it is definitely going to be a great challenge for this Panthers team but I will always pick the Panthers and as always GO PANTHERS!!!

central is NOT the same team as last year…secondary is full of sophomores
Madison Central rolls in this one.
Game day Panthers big challenge tonight so buckle up tight this game is one you guys lost last year. Do your jobs and all gas no brakes and hopefully I will be in the stands cheering you guys on but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
(09-30-2022, 11:42 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Madison Central rolls in this one.
Please bring your trailer payment to the game
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Deuce8

JP, I wouldn't do that if I were you.  RAM-A-DEVIL is going to whip everybody in Pikeville tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-30-2022, 02:45 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Big Grin.   Big Grin.    Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-30-2022, 02:45 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Lol! got to admit it jp, your crazy man. But that’s what makes you so good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
The million dollar question on Jeopardy was who made the statement bring a sack full of cash to the game but you got to love the guy for his faithfulness to his team. Now for you newcomers he is a Pikeville fan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-30-2022, 04:31 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: The million dollar question on Jeopardy was who made the statement bring a sack full of cash to the game but you got to love the guy for his faithfulness to his team. Now for you newcomers he is a Pikeville fan.
Jet pilot …… Alex
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • jetpilot
Who is jet pilot, Alex?
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Deuce8, jetpilot
Deuce8 did answer correctly but Hoot put did it in the right form so you bring your truck and Jet will load it down with cash
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
Two very well coached teams meet in this one!! Pikeville has another test in front of them that will only make them even more battle hardened!! If the Panthers come out & play like they played last week they'll be hard to bet against!! That being said Madison Central is 5-0 against some fairly good teams!! I don't think Pikeville beats up on Central the way they did LC last week, but I do think it's Pikeville's game to lose!! It might even come down to who has the ball last!! Either way I don't see either team winning by more than 14. I hardly ever make a prediction with the score but I've got a feeling about this one....

Pikeville - 35
Central - 28
(09-30-2022, 03:35 PM)Westside Wrote:

JP, I wouldn't do that if I were you.  RAM-A-DEVIL is going to whip everybody in Pikeville tonight.

I’m going to open up a 55 gallon drum of whoop-ass and pour it all over him
  • Westside
(09-30-2022, 06:22 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 10:44 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Meet me at the game and I can get you in for zero. Or leave you a ticket at the gate just tell them you are Ram AD.

Jet, let us know if RAM-A-DEVIL gets into any kind of legal trouble tonight & if he does we will send down a good attorney.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slic Ric's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-30-2022, 06:49 PM)Slic Ric Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 06:22 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 10:48 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I’m leaving here at 2 will have my son and another friend with me.

Jet, let us know if RAM-A-DEVIL gets into any kind of legal trouble tonight & if he does we will send down a good attorney.  Smile

Will do haha. He’s bringing his son and a friend so probably coming in peace lol
  • Slic Ric
If anyone can reach RAD tell him to check PMs I have tickets at designated drop zone