Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
3A: Who is the Top Dog?
Well we are at the midway point of the season and the RPI is about to come out before long...Lets get the party started,  Who do you like so far..... Smile

CAL
Paducah Tilghman
Bardstown
Glasgow
Belfry
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • BobcatForever
CAL is mine
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
cal
1.CAL
2. Paducah Tilghman

Belfry waiting for November season to start
Cal
1. CAL
2. Bardstown
3. Paducah Tilghman
4. Union County

I hope Belfry wins another title but I think it will be a huge upset this year if they pull it off. At this point, it looks like CAL will enter the playoffs as a heavy, undefeated favorite.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
CAL by far.
(09-18-2022, 05:26 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: 1. CAL
2. Bardstown
3. Paducah Tilghman
4. Union County

I hope Belfry wins another title but I think it will be a huge upset this year if they pull it off. At this point, it looks like CAL will enter the playoffs as a heavy, undefeated favorite.
Can’t remember the last time the eastern part of the state didn’t dominate the top 4-5 list in 3A    As of now….I don’t see anyone knocking CAL off….including Tilghman.  as much a it pains me to say….I don’t see the Pirates being a serious contender.   Too much Youth to develop….
Ric “Nature Boy” Flair:  To be the man, you have to beat the man!
1. CAL

Does it matter?
Cal……..then comes playoff time and you hear the name BELFRY!
Cal and Tilghman
(09-18-2022, 08:33 PM)plantmanky Wrote: 1. CAL

Does it matter?

I like how you put it,, this year that could be the case....
Belfry always gets better and is there at the end. But they just don’t have the horses this year. May net get past Lawrence. CAL by a lot at this point and Bardstown looking good. PT will have to improve.
‘not
I agree. CAL and everyone else is chasing them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rip/Spin's post:
  • Ghostofjoey
I’d say Cal, but if PT could get their act together ( no discipline from the coaches down) they would be hard to beat.
Bump
CAL appears to be in their own rarified air right now.

The second tier is led by Tilghman with Bardstown and Union County.

Belfry and Bell County lead the next tier.

Belfry is never a team you want in front of you in November... but without Mr. Football I just don't see them stringing together 5 straight playoff wins. Especially if three or even four of those have to come away from Home.

What I will say about CAL is I never expected Hart County to knock off Glasgow... and CAL was probably a 4 TD favorite against Tilghman last year. Anytime you have an off night against a motivated team playing their best ball anything can happen. With that said, I think CAL is the only team who will literally force every team to play their best game just to compete with them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • Estotts
1. CAL
2. Belfry
3. Bardstown
4. PreTender
5. Union County until they get beat by wrestling season
Not convinced there is a favorite, CAL beat a LCA missing a key player and their other wins aren't impressive.
(09-22-2022, 05:12 PM)bball_fan Wrote: Not convinced there is a favorite, CAL beat a LCA missing a key player and their other wins aren't impressive.
Beating OCath by 5 TD's is impressive regardless.... but beating them the year OCath beat Owensboro head to head is pretty impressive.

LCA was missing Boley, but to beat them down like that is impressive regardless.

Their first three wins are all teams not exactly winning a lot of games, but those are still big class teams that they beat a combined 135-0.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EKUAlum05's post:
  • Rip/Spin
CAL seems to be the best right now.