Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1A: Who is the Top Dog?
Well we are at the midway point of the season and the RPI is about to come out before long...Lets get the party started,  Who do you like so far..... Smile

Pikeville 
Raceland
Hazard
??????
???????
I still say until someone in 1A beats them, Pikeville is the man. As I always say, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man."
I think folks keep saying Raceland is the favorite but Pikeville is playing a tough schedule all the way through. Racelands schedule gets lax the rest of the way through so we shall see how that goes for both teams at the end of the year.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Rip/Spin
raceland
Let me think who will be 1A State Champs in 2022………….Pikeville and congratulations to Raceland Rams for runner-up
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
Gonna be a war in November with Pikeville coming out on top #1 now and #1 then!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
The strength of schedule is going to come back to bite Raceland down the road. The same thing happened last year too. Raceland had a false sense of security after beating up on bad or mediocre teams and got smacked when they played Pikeville. This year may not be too different.
I have not watched Pikeville play since they decided to start Duty at quarterback. I was not that impressed with Pikeville's offense with Boykins at QB. I thought it was too predictable. The Panthers are a very talented 1A team and I think that they would have been favorites to win another title, even if they had not made the lineup adjustments. The lineup switch has given them a chance to beat anybody remaining on their schedule, IMO.

I also watched Raceland's loss to Highlands and believe that Raceland is capable of beating Pikeville but it will be an upset if they do.

1. Pikeville
2. Raceland
3. Newport Central Catholic
4. Bethlehem.
Raceland has tough schedule for a 1A team. Is it Pikeville's? No. But nonetheless it's a quality schedule. In a normal year Ashland would have given a much bigger challenge and ultimately helped them down the road. Highlands gave them a lump which will only help them as they move on. Greenup is no slouch and Lawrence County will give them a challenge the last week of the season. I think Raceland will have ample opportunity to grow which in the end will allow them to adjust to the speed and strength of Pikeville. I think Raceland is hungrier and has a chip on their shoulder. And yes, I do believe this is their year.
You Pikeville guys and your BS. "Folks saying Raceland is the favorite" ...makes for cute locker room banner material for the kids im sure. But you all know full well its your title to lose. Until someone in 1A beats them or plays within 2 scores of them this year...they are the prohibitive favorite. Has Raceland narrowed the gap? I would completely agree with that statement. At our best are we capable of making it to Kroger and then winning a title? Yes. I think we are capable of that. But until it happens, and the Panthers are knocked off, 1A goes belongs to them...
Give me Pikeville but self admittedly, I just don’t know enough about Raceland for my opinion to carry much weight. I do not think Hazard is in the conversation for me as of now but they still got the rest of the season to prove me wrong.
I guess Scotty I am one of those Pikeville BSers but I do believe that Hazard,Pikeville and Raceland are the top 3(now I know hardly anything about the 1A teams out of the other side) and with that said I definitely want Pikeville to win it again. RPI will come out eventually soon I think which could be a factor who wins these games and I am sure you would rather the Rams be playing at home. These polls they have mean absolutely nothing to me because I have seen these teams play and hopefully I am honest enough to judge talent without being to biased as some are but I know I am biased somewhat towards Pikeville. I agree with you Raceland has the talent to win it all but so does Pikeville and Hazard. I also think Pikeville will more prepared for it than Raceland and Hazard simply because of their schedule. I do think these 3 can win it all but this thread is for conversations not facts. As the old saying goes opinions are like buttholes and everyone has one. I honestly say what I think or feel until some get on here with egos and they are on all sides. But right now most polls has Raceland #1 and that’s what is fact and true and I am not trying to give anyone bulletin board material and if that’s the case Jet has give you guys walls full of it but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I’ll let you know after the 15th game. Until then it doesn’t matter.
(09-18-2022, 09:39 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I’ll let you know after the 15th game. Until then it doesn’t matter.
That is a true statement and really surprised me coming from you ???
(09-18-2022, 05:58 PM)i82much Wrote: Raceland has tough schedule for a 1A team. Is it Pikeville's?  No. But nonetheless it's a quality schedule. In a normal year Ashland would have given a much bigger challenge and ultimately helped them down the road.  Highlands gave them a lump which will only help them as they move on. Greenup is no slouch and Lawrence County will give them a challenge the last week of the season. I think Raceland will have ample opportunity to grow which in the end will allow them to adjust to the speed and strength of Pikeville. I think Raceland is hungrier and has a chip on their shoulder. And yes, I do believe this is their year.

LOL!!! Racelands schedule is tougher? You either don’t follow football or you are on psychedelic drugs.
PIKEVILLE is 21 points better than everyone
^^^Not yet but hopefully get better each week
Jet pilot pees sitting down everybody
(09-19-2022, 12:06 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Jet pilot pees sitting down everybody

I’ve cracked up reading this one…   Big Grin   Sorry Jett, that was funny..
Dang love you Bull but that is weak. RAD is a toxic shock syndrome survivor and has an ongoing yeast infection. Plus buys Summer’s Eve in bulk
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!, Hound05
(09-19-2022, 12:14 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Dang love you Bull but that is weak. RAD is a toxic shock syndrome survivor and has an ongoing yeast infection. Plus buys Summer’s Eve in bulk
There’s no need to get nasty about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • jetpilot
That squat to pee stuff we used in Jr High
(09-19-2022, 12:16 AM)jetpilot Wrote: That squat to pee stuff we used in Jr High
You guys are killing me! I’m laughing my tail off at you two! ???. Anyway, Pikeville then Raceland. I feel there is a gap after those two
[-] The following 2 users Like Rip/Spin's post:
  • Bull got out!, jetpilot
(09-18-2022, 11:52 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: PIKEVILLE is 21 points better than everyone
Gettin there Sick
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
(09-18-2022, 11:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 05:58 PM)i82much Wrote: Raceland has tough schedule for a 1A team. Is it Pikeville's?  No. But nonetheless it's a quality schedule. In a normal year Ashland would have given a much bigger challenge and ultimately helped them down the road.  Highlands gave them a lump which will only help them as they move on. Greenup is no slouch and Lawrence County will give them a challenge the last week of the season. I think Raceland will have ample opportunity to grow which in the end will allow them to adjust to the speed and strength of Pikeville. I think Raceland is hungrier and has a chip on their shoulder. And yes, I do believe this is their year.

LOL!!! Racelands schedule is tougher? You either don’t follow football or you are on psychedelic drugs.
Huh?? You must be the one on “psychedelic” drugs or you can’t read. Let me interpret what I wrote for you. I said it was a tough schedule but not as tough as Pikeville’s. Read it!!
(09-19-2022, 01:30 AM)i82much Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 11:26 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Huh?? You must be the one on “psychedelic” drugs or you can’t read. Let me interpret what I wrote for you. I said it was a tough schedule but not as tough as Pikeville’s. Read it!!
My bad. But Raceland ain't beating Pikeville. And their schedule turned out to be pitiful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • i82much
I’m sorry, got no dog in the fight, and being objective as possible, specifically, what in the hëll makes racelands schedule tough?
(09-19-2022, 02:12 AM)Hound05 Wrote: I’m sorry, got no dog in the fight, and being objective as possible, specifically, what in the hëll makes racelands schedule tough?

Nothing, it's awful.
^^^^ haha. Well it’s closer to awful than it is good. I’ll say that.

Also, I’ll also say that I sit down to pee. But only after Mexican or Japanese food.