Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland Blazer
20.00%
Hazard
80.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Blazer @ Hazard 9/23
Ashland Blazer will travel to Hazard this Friday. 

Ashland Blazer (2-3)
Aug 20, 22 Raceland at Wheelersburg, OH (L) 7 - 34 
Aug 26, 22 Boyd County home (W) 22 - 8 
Sep 2, 22 George Washington (Charleston), WV away (L) 14 - 21 
Sep 9, 22 Wheelersburg, OH home (L) 7 - 49 
Sep 16, 22 West Jessamine away (W) 69 - 63

Hazard (3-1)
Aug 19, 22 Middlesboro home (W) 42 - 24 
Aug 26, 22 Harlan County away (W) 40 - 20 
Sep 2, 22 Breathitt County away (L) 27 - 29 
Sep 9, 22 Letcher County Central home (W) 52 - 50

Thoughts?
Hazard 30-21
I actually think Ashland gets the win here. Hazard is good but not a top tier 1A team like Pikeville or Raceland.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Has the makings of a barn burner!
Hazard a hard place to win for a visitor heck even the walk up to the field kills me so I going with Hazard by at least 3 scores
Ashland’s defense is Swiss cheese and if Hazard has a decent running game they should have success. I like Hazard at home against a down Tomcats squad.

Hazard 35
Ashland 21
Ashland 28
Hazard 24
Hazard 83
Ashland 80
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Humpty Dumpty, Slic Ric
(09-18-2022, 12:54 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Hazard 83
Ashland 80
3 pointer from the corner in OT?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • jetpilot
Ashland will be improved from the first game of the season abs it seems they found there stride on offense last week. Hazard is coming off a bye week so they should be prepared. They had a let down after having Letcher County Central down 27-0. Now I don’t expect that to happen again. Hazard will have something to prove this week, because this is a comparison game.. To me if Hazard lets Ashland score more than 14 then they are a few clicks behind Raceland. If they let Ashland score 14 or less then they are on par with Raceland. But they will need to at least score 30+ as well.
Considering this game is at hazard…. Tough place to play as a visitor. There’s usually some pretty good cooking too Tongue

Hazard-28
Ashland-14
I think Ashland is as good, if not better than LCC. I cant see either defense holding the others offense to less than 3 scores. Both have given up some broken lights on the scoreboard the last few weeks. This is a tough one for me. I will say its the last one to score wins...

Ashland 35
Hazard 28
The Ashland putty tats will win this game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Gitback Coach
If Ashland's defense shows up then they have a shot to win.
What’s the injury status for Ashland?
Ttt.
Yes, can you say a dandy in the making!
Intuition tells me Ashland will squeak out a win in this game because of Strader, Houston, and Jennings, but looking into it further gives me a little reason for pause. I'm less confident if Ingram, their leading tackler, isn't back from whatever kept him out of the West Jessamine game.

Looking back at the start of this season combined with the end of last season, this Tomcat defense is historically bad. In their last 10 games, they've given up an average of 29 points per game, 170 yards rushing per game, and 200 yards passing per game. If you're an opponent playing this D and have a pulse, you should make sure cameras are rolling from every angle because you're getting ready to have some great Hudl highlights.
(09-21-2022, 09:30 AM)16thregioner Wrote: Intuition tells me Ashland will squeak out a win in this game because of Strader, Houston, and Jennings, but looking into it further gives me a little reason for pause.  I'm less confident if Ingram, their leading tackler, isn't back from whatever kept him out of the West Jessamine game.  Undecided

Looking back at the start of this season combined with the end of last season, this Tomcat defense is historically bad.  In their last 10 games, they've given up an average of 29 points per game, 170 yards rushing per game, and 200 yards passing per game.  If you're an opponent playing this D and have a pulse, you should make sure cameras are rolling from every angle because you're getting ready to have some great Hudl highlights.
Jennings would look good in orange wouldn’t he ??
(09-21-2022, 11:19 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Jennings would look good in orange wouldn’t he ??

Quite honestly, I don't know why any serious football player in the area would be wearing any other color.  Ironton is producing D1 scholarships for their players at a rate like no other. Smile
Checked some video of Ashland from first game up until now.. They have went to work in the film room and running/throwing out of sets they have had success on.. Offense definitely night and day better. Defense will be key for them if they can stop Hazards skill kids in space.

Hazard will also have there work cut out for them. Ashland has athletes and are starting to get in the groove. Ashland passing game will be better than Letchers, but I think Hazard secondary is solid with 8 INTs on the year should get some stops. Ashland offensive line doesn’t look as big as Letchers, but I’m going to say more agile/athletic. Hopefully that Hazard defense will rebound after giving up 50 and pitching a shut out the first half in the game before that.. so Hopefully the Bye week was kind.

I also must commend #22 for Ashland because he is doing work on the field on offense via blocking for those backs.
Cats - 28
Dogs - 22
(09-18-2022, 10:33 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: Hazard a hard place to win for a visitor heck even the walk up to the field kills me so I going with Hazard by at least 3 scores

I parked and walked up that hill before, and when I walked back down the hill to leave, somebody had me blocked in so I couldn't get out, and I wanted to do  demolition derby so badly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Patriot1
Hazard needs to have a good showing and take care of business tonight.

I was very high on the Dawgs a few weeks ago and still not ready to write them off but if they want to be able to beat Raceland or Pikeville they better get it going and I still think that's a possibility but losing to Breathitt County and giving up 50 in a half to Letcher County is obviously not a good sign. It's still early in the season though but the Dawgs need to start taking their game to a new level or Class A is a 2 team race.
Bulldogs 28-14
As much as I want to pick the Tomcats I'm still leaning towards Hazard. Although Ashland is showing they have a steep learning curve and continue to improve with each game I still think their youth, a suspect defense, and a long road trip are just too much to overcome. Hazard by a TD in a fun game to watch.
I would normally be pulling for 1A Hazard but my Rams need the RPI points. I hope Assland pulls it off
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Orange Blaze
Even a bad Ashland team is usually better than a good Hazard team. Gonna say Tomcats 42
Hazard 20