Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 48 Belfry 13
What’s more impressive is Pikeville shots themselves in the foot several times vs Cov Cath and was the better team IMO and that was before Duty was made QB and took all the snaps and Pikeville opened up the offense and started using a few more of their offensive weapons. Duty looked like a star vs Paintsville and Belfry. Pikeville will keep getting better and will be scary good in the playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(09-17-2022, 08:40 PM)jetpilot Wrote: What’s more impressive is Pikeville shots themselves in the foot several times vs Cov Cath and was the better team IMO and that was before Duty was made QB and took all the snaps and Pikeville opened up the offense and started using a few more of their offensive weapons. Duty looked like a star vs Paintsville and Belfry. Pikeville will keep getting better and will be scary good in the playoffs.
I was talking to a CovCath fan last night and he told me that they were all impressed with the physical play of Pikeville and they weren’t expecting that from a 1A team.  After seeing CovCath and Highlands play live I think CovCath is about 2 scores better.  All I can say is my Rams better buckle their chinstraps because Pikeville is going to be be way more battle tested especially with Madison Central, LCA, and Hazard left on the schedule.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-17-2022, 08:40 PM)jetpilot Wrote: What’s more impressive is Pikeville shots themselves in the foot several times vs Cov Cath and was the better team IMO and that was before Duty was made QB and took all the snaps and Pikeville opened up the offense and started using a few more of their offensive weapons. Duty looked like a star vs Paintsville and Belfry. Pikeville will keep getting better and will be scary good in the playoffs.

Paintsville is weak, and Belfry has no pass defense.
Just one more note about this game. Everyone saying how young Belfry is and it is true and their future is very bright IMO, but Pikeville

Caudill - beast on offense and defense and punting and kick returns - SOPH
Anthony - beast on offense and defense - SOPH
Duty - Already looks great at QB and everyone knew how good he was going to be - SOPH

Wouldn't trade this backfield for anyone in Class A-3A...not to mention defense. Beasts. They will demolish people this year and the next 2 years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Nice win for Coach Mac & company!! I'm very surprised at the lack of intensity & physicality from Belfry!! Rebuilding or not, they are still Belfry!! No excuses!! The boys from Pond Creek always bring the wood!! Not so much in this one!! I can see Pikeville winning big, but not the way they did!!

That being said, Raceland might ought to take notice, as well as the rest of the state!! Forget all the talk a few weeks ago, this Panther team is for real, they ain't going anywhere & the 1A State Championship still goes through Pikeville!! Keep in mind this is just mid September!! Coach Mac's club will improve greatly between now & when it really counts!!
(09-18-2022, 02:34 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Just one more note about this game. Everyone saying how young Belfry is and it is true and their future is very bright IMO, but Pikeville

Duty - Already looks great at QB and everyone knew how good he was going to be - SOPH

Wouldn't trade this backfield for anyone in Class A-3A...not to mention defense. Beasts. They will demolish people this year and the next 2 years.
Nailed it and couldn’t be better said! Gonna be scary good!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
(09-18-2022, 02:34 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Just one more note about this game. Everyone saying how young Belfry is and it is true and their future is very bright IMO, but Pikeville

Yeah but the whole oline is seniors, wideouts besides jeb seniors, TE senior, Blake senior, dline seniors besides when 14 comes in. Linebackers seniors besides 35, safety is jr corners both seniors. They lose a lot of talent with this senior class graduating.
Lost a lot last year too. They will be fine.