Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 29 Barren County 07
Final.
Congratulations North Laurel!!
Congratulations North Laurel
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • North laurel Fan
I was listening to a radio interview last nigtht on the way home just flipping throught the radio and it was Coach Chappell.. He was humbly talking about the game and mentioned all the players and even players who didn't get to play due to injuries... He had me ready to start playing and he was blaming himmself for poor play calling putting his team in the endzone when that punt got blocked early in the first half.... To me that makes me really appreciate Chappell that much more!!! I have said it before and I'll say it again, he is a players coach and you could hear it in the interview... He was talking about taking parts of the game away so they could be successful in other areas of the game to put North in a position to win!!! He went through the list of his assistants giving his coaches credit....Unreal to hear and thats why North hit jackpot in hiring this guy!!! Such a humble coach!
[-] The following 4 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Hoot Gibson, North laurel Fan, Playcaller66
(07-26-2022, 11:50 AM)clipperw Wrote: May want to check Dave and Daryl's Facebook/Twitter feeds. They usually stay on top of the transfer news and also have started covering Wesley Christian. I went and looked after I read your post and didn't see anything on there.

(09-17-2022, 10:19 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I was listening to a radio interview last nigtht on the way home just flipping throught the radio and it was Coach Chappell.. He was humbly talking about the game and mentioned all the players and even players who didn't get to play due to injuries... He had me ready to start playing and he was blaming himmself for poor play calling putting his team in the endzone when that punt got blocked early in the first half.... To me that makes me really appreciate Chappell that much more!!! I have said it before and I'll say it again, he is a players coach and you could hear it in the interview... He was talking about taking parts of the game away so they could be successful in other areas of the game to put North in a position to win!!! He went through the list of his assistants giving his coaches credit....Unreal to hear and thats why North hit jackpot in hiring this guy!!! Such a humble coach!
He's changed a lot, at least I hope he has. Not that long ago that he was very concerned about appearance and himself. Wasn't a players coach when he was at South and Whitley. MHO.
(09-17-2022, 06:00 PM)BUFFALO Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 11:50 AM)clipperw Wrote: May want to check Dave and Daryl's Facebook/Twitter feeds. They usually stay on top of the transfer news and also have started covering Wesley Christian. I went and looked after I read your post and didn't see anything on there.

(09-17-2022, 10:19 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I was listening to a radio interview last nigtht on the way home just flipping throught the radio and it was Coach Chappell.. He was humbly talking about the game and mentioned all the players and even players who didn't get to play due to injuries... He had me ready to start playing and he was blaming himmself for poor play calling putting his team in the endzone when that punt got blocked early in the first half.... To me that makes me really appreciate Chappell that much more!!! I have said it before and I'll say it again, he is a players coach and you could hear it in the interview... He was talking about taking parts of the game away so they could be successful in other areas of the game to put North in a position to win!!!  He went through the list of his assistants giving his coaches credit....Unreal to hear and thats why North hit jackpot in hiring this guy!!! Such a humble coach!
He's changed a lot, at least I hope he has. Not that long ago that he was very concerned about appearance and himself. Wasn't a players coach when he was at South and Whitley. MHO.

Your comment is the first I have ever heard of any of this, I havn't heard nothing but good stuff from people who knew him anywhere he has been. I have talked to tons of people I know personally lately that have kids playing for him and its refreshing to hear the statements being made about him and the program.. Team... Thats the key word... Its not I, You, Me. Its about team... I know all about jealousy and self serving coaches, the state is full of them.. Chappell is not one of them... He was one of my sons coaches as well at one time and no doubt I asked him and he said the same thing, very nice coach and well liked by the players.. I'll add this, I know Chappell well enough to talk to him when I see him and I don't get that impression from him.. I like the dude! He's my kind of guy!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • North laurel Fan
(09-17-2022, 06:11 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

(09-17-2022, 10:19 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I was listening to a radio interview last nigtht on the way home just flipping throught the radio and it was Coach Chappell.. He was humbly talking about the game and mentioned all the players and even players who didn't get to play due to injuries... He had me ready to start playing and he was blaming himmself for poor play calling putting his team in the endzone when that punt got blocked early in the first half.... To me that makes me really appreciate Chappell that much more!!! I have said it before and I'll say it again, he is a players coach and you could hear it in the interview... He was talking about taking parts of the game away so they could be successful in other areas of the game to put North in a position to win!!!  He went through the list of his assistants giving his coaches credit....Unreal to hear and thats why North hit jackpot in hiring this guy!!! Such a humble coach!

Your comment is the first I have ever heard of any of this, I havn't heard nothing but good stuff from people who knew him anywhere he has been. I have talked to tons of people I know personally lately that have kids playing for him and its refreshing to hear the statements being made about him and the program.. Team... Thats the key word... Its not I, You, Me. Its about team... I know all about jealousy and self serving coaches, the state is full of them.. Chappell is not one of them... He was one of my sons coaches as well at one time and no doubt I asked him and he said the same thing, very nice coach and well liked by the players.. I'll add this, I know Chappell well enough to talk to him when I see him and I don't get that impression from him.. I like the dude! He's my kind of guy!  

Maybe he's changed. We all do as we grow older. For better or worse. Was around him a few years ago, watched him. He is a family man now. I guess you know him now better than I do. Good luck to the Jags.

From all I've seen he is a good man and role model.
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, North laurel Fan, Playcaller66
(09-17-2022, 09:38 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

From all I've seen he is a good man and role model.

I'm sure he is. I know he has some super fans on here. Good luck to him and the Jags.