3. Lex. Catholic - 3-1 60
4. Johnson Central - 2-2 45
5. Logan Co. - 4-0 44
6. Spencer Co. - 4-0 41
7. Lou. Central - 1-3 25
8. Franklin Co. - 1-3 20
9. Warren East - 4-0 18
10. Perry Co. Central - 3-0 11
Others receiving votes: Knox Central 6. Franklin-Simpson 5. Holmes 3. Hopkinsville 3. Letcher County Central 3. Madisonville-North Hopkins 3. Clay Co. 2. Harlan Co. 1.

https://www.kentuckytoday.com/sports/ky-...8ae79.html

Thoughts?
Franklin County is better than Central......They could drop Central out of the top 10 in my opinion.....
I like seeing Perry in the top 10, but not completely convinced they belong. The next few weeks, in district play will tell the tale of how good the commodores are..
I would drive to Lex to see LC vs JC
Outside of paper and on the field 4a is realistically not even close. 

1.Boyle 
2.Corbin 

3.JC 

4.Franklin
5.LC
6.Rest of 4a
(09-14-2022, 01:08 AM)Gold River Wrote: Outside of paper and on the field 4a is realistically not even close. 

1.Boyle 
2.Corbin 

3.JC 

4.Franklin
5.LC
6.Rest of 4a
I tend to agree. But I haven’t seen LC play either. If they are on the same level as Franklin then you could about bet
tje house on the teams in the semis
The Hounds are numero uno.
(09-14-2022, 07:25 AM)pjdoug Wrote: The Hounds are numero uno.
You seen boyle? Or watched them?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Jack Lambert
If there is a wide gap between any of the teams at the top, it is between Boyle County and the field. Talent-wise, Corbin is not better than last season and the coaching staff hasn't changed. 

Johnson Central's defense is at least as good as it was last season and it's running backs are better. They will need to continue taking the offense to offset losses on the OL, but this team has the potential of being as good or better than last year's team overall.
Good to see Coach Dixons Commodores in the Top 10. Is this the first time Perry has been in Top 10 in school history? The program is improving every day.
(09-14-2022, 07:56 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If there is a wide gap between any of the teams at the top, it is between Boyle County and the field. Talent-wise, Corbin is not better than last season and the coaching staff hasn't changed. 

Johnson Central's defense is at least as good as it was last season and it's running backs are better. They will need to continue taking the offense to offset losses on the OL, but this team has the potential of being as good or better than last year's team overall.
I’m in now say defending Corbin from your
statement. Because its 100% correct. But what- IMO- you’re not accounting for is this team is an actually team where was last year we had two teams on the field. One that played for the front name of the jersey and smaller team that played for the back of it. I think as of right now, that makes up for what we lost because I honestly think this team could beat last years. More heart and effort. I don’t have to even mention what you said about the coaching staff haha because we all know that. But it has gotten a little better this year. But the big thing I don’t think you account for is the loss of talent from boyle. A star QB, WR, etc. it’s a pretty substantial loss. And from what their fans say maybe a loss on the LOS. I have no doubt haddix will get what he can resolved. But they are in no way the same team as last year. Actually 4A is kinda down from years past. 

as far as JC. I’m still up in the air. You know more about them than I do so take what I say with a grain of salt. But if you have a one dimensional team, and that dimension isn’t dominant, it’s doesn’t lead to a successful recipe.
I’ve heard some banter about Lex Cath this year but nothing concrete, any chance they’re gonna finally be Boyles kryptonite?

I agree with Hound 05 Corbin has a lot of talent and it’s in most every class all the way into the middle school. Whatever success they have this year will be in spite of their leadership not because of it…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
I personally feel the East has the top 4 teams in the 4A but only 2 will make it out. Whats interesting is who will survive. Don't sleep on Lex Cath. RPI liked them last year and they have Boyle at home. I'm sure they are sick and tired of Boyle and will be ready ready for them.

Even with their losses I don't see anyone that can beat Franklin County in the west. RPI I look for Logan to get the #3 and Franklin the #4 with their losses. That means top dog in the East would get a home game with Franklin while the #2 gets Logan County at home.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • 64SUR, Jack Lambert
Warren East at the number 9 spot is a sleeper. Don't think they'll have the numbers to hang with the guys at the top but they are very formidable if you have seen them in person. Type of team that will surely beat you if you don't get off the bus ready.
(09-14-2022, 07:55 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 07:25 AM)pjdoug Wrote: The Hounds are numero uno.
You seen boyle? Or watched them?

Yeah. I'm just going out on a limb, and breaking it. lol
Last years Corbin team beat the same Pulaski team 49-6 in Pulaski......Thats all I have to say about that... I love this years Corbin team but there is no comparison....Only problem with Last years team was 1 player that caused all the Daddy ball issues ultimately choked out the team and we all witnessed the mess in that last game... Thats why I am not a fan of Greer and the gang...Then they constantly blame the seaon on the kids and say they lost focus... What a load of horse crap...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05
(09-14-2022, 10:28 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 07:56 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If there is a wide gap between any of the teams at the top, it is between Boyle County and the field. Talent-wise, Corbin is not better than last season and the coaching staff hasn't changed. 

I’m in now say defending Corbin from your
statement. Because its 100% correct. But what- IMO- you’re not accounting for is this team is an actually team where was last year we had two teams on the field. One that played for the front name of the jersey and smaller team that played for the back of it. I think as of right now, that makes up for what we lost because I honestly think this team could beat last years. More heart and effort. I don’t have to even mention what you said about the coaching staff haha because we all know that. But it has gotten a little better this year. But the big thing I don’t think you account for is the loss of talent from boyle. A star QB, WR, etc. it’s a pretty substantial loss. And from what their fans say maybe a loss on the LOS. I have no doubt haddix will get what he can resolved. But they are in no way the same team as last year. Actually 4A is kinda down from years past. 

as far as JC. I’m still up in the air. You know more about them than I do so take what I say with a grain of salt. But if you have a one dimensional team, and that dimension isn’t dominant, it’s doesn’t lead to a successful recipe.
Johnson Central has been mostly one-dimensional for a long time and the recipe has been pretty successful during that period. This year's offensive line does not have the potential to be as good as last year's edition, but the state championship teams' OLs may not have been as good as last year's team had. My phone's auto-correct feature changed my statement about the need to continue "tweeking" the offense to compensate for the loss of Bingham and the other senior linemen from last year's team. By that, I mean that I think that JC will need to diversify the offense a little with a short passing game, etc., whereas last year's team was able to pretty much ignore teams' efforts to stack the box against the run.

North Laurel seems to be much improved this season but Carter Conley was averaging over 140 yards rushing a game when he left the NL game after one carry for seven yards. How many teams could lose 140 yards of total offense in their third game of the season without missing a beat? Especially a team as dependent on the running game as JC is Mason Lawson, who was JC's leading rusher when he suffered a season ending injury last year, replaced Conley in the lineup - but he had carried the ball only once this season before being inserted into the lineup against NL. People who are doubting JC based on its early one-point loss to NL seem to be ignoring the impact that the loss of Conley had on JC.

Injuries are part of the game but most teams are better at dealing with injuries later in the season after their reserves have had time to get more snaps in game situations. The biggest factor in NL's win was their new coach but losing a runner like Conley has to be taken into account when assessing Johnson Central's prospects for the season, IMO.

I also do not believe that 4A is down this season. Lexington Catholic is apparently much improved. I believe that Logan County and Greenwood are also much better than they were last year. I still think that 4A will be won by a team from the east but the teams in the west may have closed the gap some this season.
It doesn’t matter what Corbin does or how they play , it’s unbelievable the crap so called redhounds talk. You sit there and say that this years team isn’t anywhere close to last years ( wrong ) , and they’re not as talented ( def. Wrong. ) and how the teams they played last year the beat by x amount. Who gives a crap what last years team did or didn’t do or what the scores were of certain games. If you don’t think this years team isn’t as talented or capable of winning a title you’re out of your freaking mind. Wether they do or don’t is yet to be determined, but you replace a cry baby daddy’s boy with number #2 at S/RB who’s had a helluva better year than Mills. You’ve got several receivers step up and make some damn good plays when asked. Our defense is attacking the ball. Greer is calling the D not mills. You may not like Greer but the boys have bought into it and playing like it. Our offense is getting better by the week. Great QB, dang good RB’s with combs , curry and wells which both play recover as well , o line is working their tails off , and our D is flying around. Idc what anyone says Longmire didn’t play to his potential  last year. Made plays here and there. Dakota wasn’t thrown to that much. Pikeville was a dang good team, Franklin co is good as well we just came ready to play , and Pulaski was way better this year than last and was a great team. Hell name me one team ever on any level that hasn’t had a busted play or missed tackles , line assignments, wrong read or any mistake. Yea I’m waiting. But when these boys do you really wanna sit there and say they gave up this or they gave up that. Hell yea they got room to improve but so does everyone else. I’m so freaking sick of hearing how much better Boyle is or how great haddix was. I hope and pray we get a chance to play the top dog. These boys are hungry and are playing As a TEAM. Unlike last year. So for anyone to sit and say this team hasn’t improved Talent wise from last year or isn’t as good as last years team is ridiculous!!!! Coaches are another discussion but so far Greer is doing a great job coaching the D. Elam seems to be calling the game better than last year minus a few questionable calls. But dang what coach makes the right call 100% of the time? I’m sorry but the fans on here that love the hounds when they do good and talk crap about them when they don’t pisses me off. This years team has something special. I’ve said it from day 1. Something seems different about them. Wether we make it to the ship or not I’m actually enjoying this year. Hated last year because of the drama.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion , but I’ve just read the biggest bunch of ? and couldn’t let it slide. Those boys get on here and read this crap you all put. I know for a fact my son does. I’ve known these boys since flag football. Either get on board or jump off the freaking boat with no life  jacket!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8, Nygfan106wins
BIg gap between the top 4 and everybody else at this point.
I love your passion Sgt Slaughter...I sure love your boy! Definitely going to be a fun year!
  • Sgt Slaughter
(09-14-2022, 08:13 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I love your passion Sgt Slaughter...I sure love your boy! Definitely going to be a fun year!
I walk the fence line all game yelling at the boys. Lol Feel free to walk with me and we can talk the good the bad and ugly over a hot dog and a mt dew. I’m usually there by 6. Lol. That’s how much I love Corbin football. Heck anyone on here can join me. By no means am I anti social. I love a good debate. We can all be friends and have different opinions. We all want the same thing when it comes down to it. A ring lol.

(09-14-2022, 08:13 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I love your passion Sgt Slaughter...I sure love your boy! Definitely going to be a fun year!
And thx by the way. I love him and all those boys. He takes after his mom I’m sure. ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-14-2022, 08:39 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
I walk the fence line all game yelling at the boys. Lol Feel free to walk with me and we can talk the good the bad and ugly over a hot dog and a mt dew. I’m usually there by 6. Lol. That’s how much I love Corbin football. Heck anyone on here can join me. By no means am I anti social. I love a good debate. We can all be friends and have different opinions. We all want the same thing when it comes down to it. A ring lol.

And thx by the way. I love him and all those boys. He takes after his mom I’m sure. ?

We are good friends, me and you have talked alot, you just may not know its me... But I'll get with you at the next game!! I agree with you, I need to keep my dialogue more geared towards these boys getting pumped up for the Post Season! I get tore up sometimes when a reference is made toward my boys team when I know a liittle more than I say... but reguardless, I wished you had about 10 more boys to play... The way that youngen is balling... Smile
Oh yeah, that interview..... He did lol, I think after watching that, he is dug out of your hind end.....I will be coming to Eastern to watch him for the next 4 years!
(09-14-2022, 08:46 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

We are good friends, me and you have talked alot, you just may not know its me... But I'll get with you at the next game!! I agree with you, I need to keep my dialogue more geared towards these boys getting pumped up for the Post Season! I get tore up sometimes when a reference is made toward my boys team when I know a liittle more than I say... but reguardless, I wished you had about 10 more boys to play... The way that youngen is balling... Smile
Send me a Pm. It’ll kill me wondering now. I tried. Wife said nooooo!!!! Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Bull got out!

I disagree. Corbin's backfield is much better with changes that were finally made. They had wasted a lot of talent before, but they have the talent in the right positions now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-14-2022, 02:06 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: It doesn’t matter what Corbin does or how they play , it’s unbelievable the crap so called redhounds talk. You sit there and say that this years team isn’t anywhere close to last years ( wrong ) , and they’re not as talented ( def. Wrong. ) and how the teams they played last year the beat by x amount. Who gives a crap what last years team did or didn’t do or what the scores were of certain games. If you don’t think this years team isn’t as talented or capable of winning a title you’re out of your freaking mind. Wether they do or don’t is yet to be determined, but you replace a cry baby daddy’s boy with number #2 at S/RB who’s had a helluva better year than Mills. You’ve got several receivers step up and make some damn good plays when asked. Our defense is attacking the ball. Greer is calling the D not mills. You may not like Greer but the boys have bought into it and playing like it. Our offense is getting better by the week. Great QB, dang good RB’s with combs , curry and wells which both play recover as well , o line is working their tails off , and our D is flying around. Idc what anyone says Longmire didn’t play to his potential  last year. Made plays here and there. Dakota wasn’t thrown to that much. Pikeville was a dang good team, Franklin co is good as well we just came ready to play , and Pulaski was way better this year than last and was a great team. Hell name me one team ever on any level that hasn’t had a busted play or missed tackles , line assignments, wrong read or any mistake. Yea I’m waiting. But when these boys do you really wanna sit there and say they gave up this or they gave up that. Hell yea they got room to improve but so does everyone else. I’m so freaking sick of hearing how much better Boyle is or how great haddix was. I hope and pray we get a chance to play the top dog. These boys are hungry and are playing As a TEAM. Unlike last year. So for anyone to sit and say this team hasn’t improved Talent wise from last year or isn’t as good as last years team is ridiculous!!!! Coaches are another discussion but so far Greer is doing a great job coaching the D. Elam seems to be calling the game better than last year minus a few questionable calls. But dang what coach makes the right call 100% of the time? I’m sorry but the fans on here that love the hounds when they do good and talk crap about them when they don’t pisses me off. This years team has something special. I’ve said it from day 1. Something seems different about them. Wether we make it to the ship or not I’m actually enjoying this year. Hated last year because of the drama.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion , but I’ve just read the biggest bunch of ? and couldn’t let it slide. Those boys get on here and read this crap you all put. I know for a fact my son does. I’ve known these boys since flag football. Either get on board or jump off the freaking boat with no life  jacket!!

Are you my cousin? I swim like a rock. lol
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Sgt Slaughter

I'll be a good friend to all you guys, but I can't live on pocorn and a hot dog. lol
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(09-14-2022, 08:50 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 08:46 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Send me a Pm. It’ll kill me wondering now. I tried. Wife said nooooo!!!! Lol

curiosity killed the cat. lol
(09-14-2022, 08:55 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I disagree. Corbin's backfield is much better with changes that were finally made. They had wasted a lot of talent before, but they have the talent in the right positions now.
I'm not saying that Corbin is not a better team this season. Johnson Central has competed successfully against many teams that were blessed with more D1 talent than they have had. In fact, over the years, most JC teams have had no D1 football recruits. Players who give maximum effort and coaches who are smart enough to know where to play them will win a lot of games.
Only thing I want to see out of this Corbin group from here on out is to work on the passing game, its not like it isn't there.. I already know we can run the football....I want to see 5 Hail Marys a game....10 tight end passes...... 15 in the flats.... and 10 to the running backs in the open fields....Then I will be a happy camper....

PJDoug, Im like you I eat the hot dog without the buns.... I love popcorn...but I had rather have steak or pulled pork....
  • Sgt Slaughter