3. Lex. Christian - 2-2 57
4. Owensboro Catholic - 2-2 47
5. Danville - 2-2 35
6. Metcalfe Co. - 4-0 31
7. Breathitt Co. - 3-1 28
8. Murray - 2-2 23
9. Somerset - 3-1 17
10. Butler Co. - 4-0 11
Others receiving votes: Prestonsburg 8. McLean Co. 7. Hancock Co. 7. Middlesboro 5. Lloyd Memorial 5. Walton-Verona 5. Todd Co. Central 1. Shelby Valley 1. Green Co. 1.

https://www.kentuckytoday.com/sports/ky-...8ae79.html

Thoughts?
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Deuce8
I don't think there is much argument to be made with this list really. I think at this point in the season the undefeated District 2 teams could be interchangeable (Butler Co, Hancock Co, McLean Co) as they're all 3 undefeated & played a lot of the same opponents to similar results. That will get sorted out in the coming weeks as district play starts.

I'd personally maybe bump Murray down to 9 or 10 but I haven't seen them play yet, that's just based on records & scores of their games, but that's just nitpicking, they are fine where they are for now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #GoCougs's post:
  • Westside
I think at this point Danville and maybe Owensboro Cath are overrated. The teams Danville have beat are 0-8. OC doesn't have any impressive wins.
Call me a homer but Breathitt does have the best win of any of these teams in beating Hazard who the AP has as #4 team in 1a.
I would have top 4 at this point
1 Beechwood
2 Mayfield
3 Lex Chris
4 Breathitt

Breathitt's only loss is also at #10 4a team by 2 points
[-] The following 1 user Likes wolfcat's post:
  • TheStickyBandit
I'm the farthest thing from an O-Cath fan but I don't think its fair to say they don't have any impressive wins. They just beat Owensboro who was one of the 5A favorites coming into the season & is still ranked #8 in the most recent AP poll. I personally think that is a more impressive win than a win over Hazard, but admittedly I'm a WKY guy so not as familiar with those teams out east. I'm not arguing they couldn't be moved down a couple spots considering the couple of early losses, but the win over OHS is a big one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #GoCougs's post:
  • jlow
(09-13-2022, 07:21 PM)No way Prestonsburg is 11th! I watch them scrimmage Leslie. Leslie beat them with out their best player on offense Wrote: Class 2A

Rank-School FPV Rcd TP
1. Beechwood (7) 4-0 79
2. Mayfield (1) 4-0 72
5. Danville - 2-2 35
6. Metcalfe Co. - 4-0 31
8. Murray - 2-2 23
9. Somerset - 3-1 17
10. Butler Co. - 4-0 11
Others receiving votes: Prestonsburg 8. McLean Co. 7. Hancock Co. 7. Middlesboro 5. Lloyd Memorial 5. Walton-Verona 5. Todd Co. Central 1. Shelby Valley 1. Green Co. 1.

Thoughts?
(09-14-2022, 07:20 PM)MountainBaller Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 07:21 PM)No way Prestonsburg is 11th! I watch them scrimmage Leslie. Leslie beat them with out their best player on offense Wrote: Class 2A

Rank-School FPV Rcd TP
1. Beechwood (7) 4-0 79
2. Mayfield (1) 4-0 72
5. Danville - 2-2 35
6. Metcalfe Co. - 4-0 31
8. Murray - 2-2 23
9. Somerset - 3-1 17
10. Butler Co. - 4-0 11

Thoughts?
Prestonsburg’s best defensive player was out that scrimmage. I can promise you that Prestonsburg’s team has gotten a lot better since then, but I do think Shelby Valley should be rated higher.
(09-14-2022, 11:54 AM)wolfcat Wrote: I think at this point Danville and maybe Owensboro Cath are overrated. The teams Danville have beat are 0-8. OC doesn't have any impressive wins.
Call me a homer but Breathitt does have the best win of any of these teams in beating Hazard who the AP has as #4 team in 1a.
I would have top 4 at this point
1 Beechwood
2 Mayfield
3 Lex Chris
4 Breathitt

Breathitt's only loss is also at #10 4a team by 2 points

Owensboro Catholic's win over Owensboro is much more impressive than Breathitt County's win over Hazard.
[-] The following 2 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • jetpilot, rookie57
I don't know, That Breathitt County win pretty darn big in my eyes... I had people asking me about that out in town... Big win!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • BlackcatPride32
Owensboro usually has a solid team. They have more kids to choose from. However, Hazard is normally solid as well.
Beechwood (7) 4-0 79
2. Mayfield (1) 4-0 72
5. Danville - 2-2 35
6. Metcalfe Co. - 4-0 31
8. Murray - 2-2 23
9. Somerset - 3-1 17
10. Shelby valley
[-] The following 1 user Likes Warriorhawk17's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
Owensboro Catholic is worthy of their ranking, and I really hope to see a matchup with Mayfield in the playoffs. It should be a great game.
They also lost to a really good Union Co team on the road when an onside kick went against them. Union Co pulled victory out of the jaws of defeat.
Their other loss was to a solid 6A Daviess Co. They were in that ball game until late and believe they lost Atwell (QB) for some portion of the game.

The OCath win over Owensboro is best by any 2A team to this point in the season.
Followed by:
Mayfield win over Paducah Tilghman
Beechwood win over Simon Kenton (could be higher but SK was without their QB)
LCA win over Belfry
Breathitt win over Hazard

After watching Shelby Valley a couple of times, I think they are most definitely a top 10 team (#6 is a beast).
(09-14-2022, 07:34 PM)BlackcatPride32 Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 07:20 PM)MountainBaller Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 07:21 PM)No way Prestonsburg is 11th! I watch them scrimmage Leslie. Leslie beat them with out their best player on offense Wrote: Class 2A

Rank-School FPV Rcd TP
1. Beechwood (7) 4-0 79
2. Mayfield (1) 4-0 72
5. Danville - 2-2 35
6. Metcalfe Co. - 4-0 31
8. Murray - 2-2 23
9. Somerset - 3-1 17
10. Butler Co. - 4-0 11

Thoughts?
Prestonsburg’s best defensive player was out that scrimmage. I can promise you that Prestonsburg’s team has gotten a lot better since then, but I do think Shelby Valley should be rated higher.
I hadn't really thought a lot about Prestonsburg until I saw this poll and realized they were ranked at the #11 spot. So, I went and researched their schedule and saw they were 4-0. Their four wins are not impressive, but they have beaten everyone they were supposed to. I think the Shelby Valley game will be a measuring stick on how good the Blackcats really are. Shelby Valley is a very good football team and if Prestonsburg can win, or keep it competive, I believe they will be a team to take seriously during the postseason. I hope Prestonsburg has turned the corner, because Mountain football is always better with a good Prestonsburg program. Breathitt on the other hand missed a golden opportunity last week at Perry Central last week. A few mistakes towards the end cost them a spot in the top five. If the Bobcats can go to Letcher Central and win this week, it will erase last weeks tough loss and give them the momentum they need to finish off the season on a positive note. I think we could see a Breathitt/Shelby Valley regional championship possibly in the future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cat Daddy's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
noone was giving middlesboro a chance last year keep sleeping on them and they will make you pay
Middlesboro played an extremely weak schedule last year and their season ended with a running clock loss to the first strong 2A team that they played. They are playing a weak schedule again this season and already have lost two games against 1A competition. The difference in this season and last season is that Middlesboro's RPI will probably have them getting eliminated by a good 2A team earlier in the playoffs this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • GreyStoke
theres an argument to be made now for number 1 in 2a its not how Beechwood lost(respect beechwood)its by how much Covington beat them maybe Mayfield is number 1 for now!!!!????
Mayfield is #1.
(09-17-2022, 02:59 PM)barnabus_c2001 Wrote: theres an argument to be made now for number 1 in 2a its not how Beechwood lost(respect beechwood)its by how much Covington beat them maybe Mayfield is number 1 for now!!!!????

Cov Cath is the toughest team Beechwood will play the rest of the year. 

Unless Mayfield has a hiccup they will be 1 followed by Beechwood at 2 in the RPI.
Danville doesn't need to be on there. They are a total mess right now.
(09-15-2022, 12:58 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: I hadn't really thought a lot about Prestonsburg until I saw this poll and realized they were ranked at the #11 spot. So, I went and researched their schedule and saw they were 4-0. Their four wins are not impressive, but they have beaten everyone they were supposed to. I think the Shelby Valley game will be a measuring stick on how good the Blackcats really are. Shelby Valley is a very good football team and if Prestonsburg can win, or keep it competive, I believe they will be a team to take seriously during the postseason. I hope Prestonsburg has turned the corner, because Mountain football is always better with a good Prestonsburg program. Breathitt on the other hand missed a golden opportunity last week at Perry Central last week. A few mistakes towards the end cost them a spot in the top five. If the Bobcats can go to Letcher Central and win this week, it will erase last weeks tough loss and give them the momentum they need to finish off the season on a positive note. I think we could see a Breathitt/Shelby Valley regional championship possibly in the future.

Region 4 is going to be interesting. I do believe that Breathitt and Shelby Valley are the two best teams. I'm not sure what Martin County is yet, but I will say that Prestonsburg's offense is good enough to play with anyone in the region. 

If I had to rank region 4 as of 9/18:

1. Breathitt Co.
2. Shelby Valley

3. Prestonsburg
4. Martin Co.
5. Middlesboro
6. Leslie Co.

7. East Ridge
8. West Carter

9. Bath Co.
10. Morgan Co.
11. Knott Central
This looks accurate. To me their is a big drop off after 1 and 2. Shelby Valley played North Laurel and Letcher tough. Osborne is a stud at QB and they have a couple good receivers. The matchup with them and Breathitt would be a good one which could come down to home field advantage