Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
83.33%
Somerset
16.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Somerset 9/16
Corbin will travel to Somerset this Friday.

Corbin (4-0)
Aug 19, 22 Pikeville home (W) 24 - 19 Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic 
Aug 26, 22 Whitley County home (W) 42 - 13 
Sep 2, 22 Franklin County away (W) 40 - 20 
Sep 9, 22 Pulaski County home (W) 24 - 21

Somerset (3-1)
Aug 19, 22 Garrard County at Lincoln County (W) 28 - 14  PBK/WPBK-FM Death Valley Bowl 
Aug 26, 22 Russell County away (W) 41 - 24 
Sep 2, 22 Beechwood home (L) 0 - 47 
Sep 9, 22 Paintsville away (W) 35 - 34

Series Per KHSAA
Oct 2, 1998 Corbin 49 Somerset 26 District Game
Aug 23, 2003 Corbin 54 Somerset 22
Oct 26, 2007 Corbin 56 Somerset 47
Oct 31, 2008 Corbin 56 Somerset 10
Nov 1, 2019 Somerset 27 Corbin 26
Oct 30, 2020 Corbin 48 Somerset 21
Sep 17, 2021 Corbin 52 Somerset 6

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...706a656543

Thoughts?
I see no problem for Corbin, Should be a running clock game.

Corbin 49
Somerset 07
Corbin 42
Somerset 07
This one will get ugly fast Corbin big
Corbin is by far the better team, but they better go to play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BobcatForever
Corbin 49 Somerset 7
Heard Somerset's starting QB is out after getting hurt in the Paintsville game. Anyone confirm?
This won't be close. No disrespect to Somerset, but they just don't have the players like they did a couple of seasons ago.

Corbin 42
Somerset 7
Corbin needs to work on some pass plays 15-20yds down field………..Just saying
(09-11-2022, 03:55 PM)64SUR Wrote: Corbin needs to work on some pass plays 15-20yds down field………..Just saying

They been working on the QB keeper............. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR
(09-11-2022, 03:55 PM)64SUR Wrote: Corbin needs to work on some pass plays 15-20yds down field………..Just saying

Only in the red zone….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-11-2022, 03:37 PM)Rip/Spin Wrote: This won't be close.  No disrespect to Somerset, but they just don't have the players like they did a couple of seasons ago. 

Corbin 42
Somerset 7
Somerset in a thriller !!!!!!
Houndz - 56
Bunniez - 6
(09-11-2022, 06:04 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 03:37 PM)Rip/Spin Wrote: This won't be close.  No disrespect to Somerset, but they just don't have the players like they did a couple of seasons ago. 

Corbin 42
Somerset 7
Somerset in a thriller !!!!!!

I appreciate the optimism. Hear the starting QB is out and the transfers still aren’t cleared. Don’t know how much that matters for this, but they’d be huge for the rest of the season. 

I just can’t see this one being close. 

Corbin 49
Somerset 7
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreyStoke's post:
  • Deuce8
Corbin running clock in the first half
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • Deuce8
We’ve been saying it for the past two years. Hahahaha
Corbin convincingly.
I just hope for two things.

Injury free.

And for Corbin to not play this game like a few would after a good game, maybe emotional, against a good team and come out flat for the bunnies. This is a chance to work some kinks out against a decent team. Not the SHS from the past, but an avg team even with all that’s sitting out waiting right now. You know….. maybe even TAKE SOME SHOTS DOWNFIELD!!!!!

I love our D they swarm and the hit. But anyone with just and little knowledge knows there are some holes that need help he be shored up. Bottom line, we need to progress this week, not regress. That’s what made me so angry last year. We got better for 3-4 weeks. Then stayed the same for 5-7 and regressed from there on out. But I’ve got faith in the PLAYERS that we won’t have the same kind of issues.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8
(09-12-2022, 11:23 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I just hope for two things.

Injury free.

And for Corbin to not play this game like a few would after a good game, maybe emotional, against a good team and come out flat for the bunnies. This is a chance to work some kinks out against a decent team. Not the SHS from the past, but an avg team even with all that’s sitting out waiting right now. You know….. maybe even TAKE SOME SHOTS DOWNFIELD!!!!!

I love our D they swarm and the hit. But anyone with just and little knowledge knows there are some holes that need help he be shored up. Bottom line, we need to progress this week, not regress.  That’s what made me so angry last year. We got better for 3-4 weeks. Then stayed the same for 5-7 and regressed from there on out. But I’ve got faith in the PLAYERS that we won’t have the same kind of issues.

Corbin definitely has the players with potential to win it all.
(09-13-2022, 09:14 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Injury free.

I love our D they swarm and the hit. But anyone with just and little knowledge knows there are some holes that need help he be shored up. Bottom line, we need to progress this week, not regress.  That’s what made me so angry last year. We got better for 3-4 weeks. Then stayed the same for 5-7 and regressed from there on out. But I’ve got faith in the PLAYERS that we won’t have the same kind of issues.

I would have felt better about it if they would have unleashed the air raid offense against Pulaski County...The used the bulldozer method instead...
(09-13-2022, 09:17 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Injury free.

I would have felt better about it if they would have unleashed the air raid offense against Pulaski County...The used the bulldozer method instead...
is Elam calling the plays from the sideline? Maybe they should let the Elam on the field call them. lol
(09-13-2022, 09:20 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Injury free.

is Elam calling the plays from the sideline? Maybe they should let the Elam on the field call them. lol

If Kid Elam called the plays, then it would be on like Donkey Kong...He would bust a move every play... Smile
(09-13-2022, 09:22 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 09:20 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Injury free.

If Kid Elam called the plays, then it would be on like Donkey Kong...He would bust a move every play... Smile

He would definitely be fun to watch, as long as he doesn't get too crazy with the play calling. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
This one will be a blowout.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Deuce8
I like Hail Mary's... I would like to see at least 5 a game.....
Tom Greer walks the dog in this one.
(09-13-2022, 12:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I like Hail Mary's... I would like to see at least 5 a game.....

Hey bub your PM is full…
(09-13-2022, 05:25 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 12:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I like Hail Mary's... I would like to see at least 5 a game.....

Hey bub your PM is full…

10/4 just made room!
Redhounds, big.
Corbin-37
Sometset-12