Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Floyd Central
50.00%
Prestonsburg
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd Central @ Prestonsburg 9/16
Floyd Central will travel to Prestonsburg this Friday.

Floyd Central (0-4)
Aug 19, 22 Paintsville home (L) 14 - 21 
Aug 26, 22 Perry County Central home (L) 34 - 37 
Sep 2, 22 Shelby Valley away (L) 0 - 36 
Sep 9, 22 Leslie County home (L) 14 - 20

Prestonsburg (4-0)
Aug 19, 22 Betsy Layne home (W) 28 - 25 
Aug 26, 22 Magoffin County away (W) 26 - 18 
Sep 2, 22 Phelps away (W) 50 - 14 
Sep 9, 22 Powell County away (W) 42 - 26

Series Per KHSAA
Sep 15, 2017 Prestonsburg 42 Floyd Central 22
Sep 14, 2018 Floyd Central 49 Prestonsburg 6
Sep 20, 2019 Floyd Central 40 Prestonsburg 13
Sep 18, 2020 Floyd Central 22 Prestonsburg 12
Sep 17, 2021 Prestonsburg 26 Floyd Central 24

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d

Thoughts?
Cal me crazy. But I think Floyd central will find a way to win this one.

24-17
Prestonsburg 21
Floyd Central 14
(09-11-2022, 11:35 AM)Ole-glory Wrote: Cal me crazy.  But I think Floyd central will find a way to win this one.

24-17
 I know I’m crazy this is my upset of the week in the mountains 

Floyd Central 28
Prestonsburg 27
It will be a great game. But, FC has played better opponents in close losses.

I feel FC has what it takes to beat Prestonsburg.

FC: 34
Pburg: 28
Prestonsburg goes to 5-0
Pburg 28
FC 22
Floyd Central is better than their record indicates, that’s for certain. I also know these Prestonsburg kids aren’t going to overlook them. They want to go out and win the county. After 3 straight road games, these kids are looking forward to being at home this week for homecoming.

Just like the Betsy Layne game to open the year, I’m expecting a great crowd to support these athletes.

I do have the Blackcats by 2 TDs. I think Jarvis scores one late to seal it. Probably within a TD most of the game for both sides, but I think the Blackcats weapons are just a tad better than FC’s.

One last thing, I’d like to congratulate coach Shawn Hager on winning the WSAZ Golden Apple Award for his commitment and dedication to his students and community.
I agree with the fact that Floyd Central is better than their 0-4 record. They have played four solid football teams, and they have had a chance to win three of the four. On the other hand, Prestonsburg is 4-0, and playing really well on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively there are question marks, but man, they are really starting to play well on offense. As I have said in previous post, I don't know how good this Prestonsburg team is based off of their schedule this year, but they have improved drastically from last year. This will be a close game, simply because of the rivalry that exist between these two schools. Both programs want to be the top program in the county and bragging rights are on the line. Prestonsburg should be the favorite, especially with the game being at Josh Francis Field. I look for a good turnout, and this game could mirror the Betsy Layne game. I think Prestonsburg is playing with a lot of confidence and if they don't turn the ball over multiple times, I look for a Blackcat win.

Prestonsburg 35
Floyd Central 28
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blackcat 4 Life's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
I think this will be a very good game. I believe that Prestonsburg will come out a little bit more hungry and with the home field advantage I see them winning this one. With that being said, Floyd Central is better than 0-4 may lead you to believe.

Blackcats - 32
Jaguars - 26
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Scoop's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
I love to watch the Floyd Central offense work, I respect the way their control the game and clock with it. But I have to agree I think that Pburg is on a roll their offense is looking amazing and their defense isn't bad sure they need some work in coverage but that front 7 is just mean in my opinion. I look for a blackcat victory friday night.
Pburg 21
Floyd Central 14
I think FC wins this one. If you flipped these teams schedules FC would probably be 4-0 and Pburg possibly 0-4. If FC doesn’t have multiple turnovers I think they win.
Prestonsburg has played nobody
Shelby valley and east ridge will beat them. So will Martin county