Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Waverly (OH)
12.50%
Johnson Central
87.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Waverly (OH) @ Johnson Central 9/16
Waverly (OH) will travel to Johnson Central this Friday.

Waverly (OH) (2-2)
Aug 19, 22 Miami Trace (W) 44-29
Aug 26, 22 Johnstown-Monroe (W) 53-28
Sept 2, 22  Unioto  (L) 48-27
Sept 9, 22 Chillicothe (L)42-12

Johnson Central (2-2)
Aug 19, 22 Lafayette away (W) 37 - 8 
Aug 26, 22 Fern Creek (W) 55 - 19 

Sep 2, 22 North Laurel away (L) 14 - 15 
Sep 10, 22 Ironton, OH away (L) 32-21

Thoughts?
I think JC has to feel pretty good about this week. Especially after having 320 yards rushing against Ironton. That’s not easy to do after having Conley get injured last week and playing at a really good Ironton.

JC is still working through some things. The offensive line and QB are still gelling and Lawson is shaking off the rust. I think they will get better offensively each week.

I don’t know anything about Waverly but JC wins their first home game after playing four games on the road.
Johnson Central gets the W in this one at home
waverly wins i dont think central is very good this year
Waverly is a middle of the pack Division IV team in Ohio it appears.

Johnson Central should win this one with a little bit of cushion.
Game day! Johnson Central Rolls!!
After reading comments on a SE Ohio football forum and doing some research on Waverly, I expect JC to win the game tonight by a very healthy margin. Waverly is primarily a running team and one of its running backs has accounted for more than 600 yards of rushing through four games, most of which he gained in the first three games. Chillicothe 42-12 but the score was 28-0 at the end of the first quarter.

Johnson Central generally does very well against teams that are heavily reliant on one player for its offense. Without a strong passing game, I doubt that Waverly's star running back will be enough to keep the game close. I assume that at least some of the posters were Waverly supporters and the overall tone of the comments was that if Waverly can get through games against Johnson Central, Wheelersburg, and West Portsmouth without serious injuries, then they may be able to win 5 games this season.

CalPreps has JC listed as a 13 point favorite.