Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ironton (OH) 32 Johnson Central 21
Final..
Congratulations to Ironton and Johnson Central keep working still a long season and Bull did a great job on the updates
From what I listened to JC sounded like it was having trouble sustaining drives running. (Any other team it would be about avg but not for a team like JC). Their D sounded good while I was listening.
What’s the eagles fans think? IHS was a solid team.
I thought JC looked much better on offense tonight against a very good defense. They also did a great job of shutting down Ironton's star running back and Wisconsin recruit, Jaquez Keyes, and made other players beat them. Ironton is every bit as good as advertised and I thought the officiating was fine.

According to the announcers, JC running back Carter Conley may be out for the rest of the season, which is a shame for him and the team. Freshman Logan Music played very well. Ironton did a good job containing JC's running game but FB Chase Price had a big night, rushing for over 140 yards.

I feel much better after tonight's loss than after JC lost to North Laurel last week. Mason Lawson looked much sharper than he did last week and he also had some big defensive plays. I don't think that JC will face a team another team as good as Ironton until two or three rounds into the playoffs - if at all. Ironton had great team speed and their quarterback had a strong, accurate arm, and had he some nice runs.

The worst thing about the loss is that it leaves JC very little chance of finishing near the top in 4A RPI. With Boyle, Corbin, and Johnson Central in the east, the state title will probably be decided before the top team reaches the state championship game. At least the Golden Eagles will have a couple of tough road games under their belt before they face Corbin and/or Boyle County team on the road.
(09-11-2022, 12:03 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I thought JC looked much better on offense tonight against a very good defense. They also did a great job of shutting down Ironton's star running back and Wisconsin recruit, Jaquez Keyes, and made other players beat them. Ironton is every bit as good as advertised and I thought the officiating was fine.

According to the announcers, JC running back Carter Conley may be out for the rest of the season, which is a shame for him and the team. Freshman Logan Music played very well. Ironton did a good job containing JC's running game but FB Chase Price had a big night, rushing for over 140 yards.

I feel much better after tonight's loss than after JC lost to North Laurel last week. Mason Lawson looked much sharper than he did last week and he also had some big defensive plays. I don't think that JC will face a team another team as good as Ironton until two or three rounds into the playoffs - if at all. Ironton had great team speed and their quarterback had a strong, accurate arm, and had he some nice runs.

The worst thing about the loss is that it leaves JC very little chance of finishing near the top in 4A RPI. With Boyle, Corbin, and Johnson Central in the east, the state title will probably be decided before the top team reaches the state championship game. At least the Golden Eagles will have a couple of tough road games under their belt before they face Corbin and/or Boyle County team on the road.

I could be wrong but I don't think games against out of state competition affects the RPI at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Hatz
(09-11-2022, 12:33 AM)BEChargers Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 12:03 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I thought JC looked much better on offense tonight against a very good defense. They also did a great job of shutting down Ironton's star running back and Wisconsin recruit, Jaquez Keyes, and made other players beat them. Ironton is every bit as good as advertised and I thought the officiating was fine.

I could be wrong but I don't think games against out of state competition affects the RPI at all.
My understanding is that all out of state teams are treated as though they have won 50% of their games, so you get no benefit from beating a strong out of state team over a weak team. Losing to an out of state team hurts your RPI, regardless of how good the out of state team is. I could also be wrong, as I am just repeating what I have read on the internet.  Smile

Johnson Central plays Waverly, OH, next week and should win that game. Belfry appears to be the best team remaining on JC's regular season schedule and their district wins are not likely to help their RPI much. Even without the two losses to North Laurel and Ironton, I think that Boyle County and Corbin would probably ended up with a higher RPI than Johnson Central, based on their strength of schedule, including all in state opponents, except for Madison, Indiana, which BC has already beaten.
Hoot you are correct. They are treated as .500 for logistical purposes according to the KHsaa. Unless they’ve changed it in the past couple years and I don’t think they have. I remember looking it up when we beat Alcoa Tn. I wish they would do something else with it, but I get it from their standpoint. Getting info from out of state teams would be a nightmare. Bit as you said, RPI wise it doesn’t help much at all. But those games will prepare you for a title run at least.
JC will be a different team by the time the playoffs come around. Ironton was a very good football team.
From what I saw, Ironton would probably be a top 5 or 10 team overall in KY. JC just needs more reps and get a few things shored up...they should be able to make a deep playoff run....all of this is an opinion...lol.
(09-11-2022, 07:51 PM)Old guy Wrote: From what I saw, Ironton would probably be a top 5 or 10 team overall in KY. JC just needs more reps and get a few things shored up...they should be able to make a deep playoff run....all of this is an opinion...lol.

If there is one thing I have learned about Johnson Central is, they have quality coaches!! They will no doubt take it a game at a time and get those boys ready by playoffs......Always with new players is once the learning curve is passed, its nothing but clear sailing....