Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 27 Shelby Valley 12
Final.
Good for Valley, they went toe to toe with NL in the first half with a team that just beat Johnson Central last week. That's a great momentum builder for this team for the rest of the year!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congratulations North Laurel!
Closer than expected I must say.
Granted, Shelby Valley had played a weak schedule, but they averaged over 500 yards of total offense through their first three games. Holding them to 12 points and pitching a 2nd half shutout was another good defensive showing for North Laurel.

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2022] North Laurel (London, KY) 31, [2022] Shelby Valley (Pikeville, KY) 26
Congratulations North Laurel
Shelby Valley is starting to get folks attention and rightfully so. They have a really good quarterback, good running back, and a really good receiver. There’s several players with college offers on this team. Defense is also playing much better after week 1. I still think they’re without Lincoln Billiter too, who would help this team out tremendously going forward.

Congrats NL
There is no doubt Shelby Valley is better than expected but I also think it’s likely that North Laurel had a pretty big let down. Last week was probably one of the top 2-3 wins in school history. It’s natural with 15-18 years old that they would emotionally be down for the next game.
(09-10-2022, 01:26 PM)Mister D Wrote: There is no doubt Shelby Valley is better than expected but I also think it’s likely that North Laurel had a pretty big let down. Last week was probably one of the top 2-3 wins in school history. It’s natural with 15-18 years old that they would emotionally be down for the next game.

I’d say your right. But they looked to get going after the slow start. Shelby Valley is playing good too right now though.
This is a surprising score
(09-10-2022, 04:58 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Shelby Valley is starting to get folks attention and rightfully so. They have a really good quarterback, good running back, and a really good receiver. There’s several players with college offers on this team. Defense is also playing much better after week 1. I still think they’re without Lincoln Billiter too, who would help this team out tremendously going forward.

Congrats NL
I think Biliter played in this one, if i remember correct he led them in tackles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes UK Fan14's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
I know I'm late to the party here, but this is a very good showing from SV!! If they were better coached they really could be a good football team!! Granted they have a few good coaches, but the entire staff, top to bottom, isn't great!! Still, from what I hear about this game, they should be proud of the game they played!! The 2nd half shutout, completely attributed to poor coaching, was the difference!!