Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercer County 17 Danville 14
Final.
Danville has the worst coaching staff and qb in the state!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Footballfan33's post:
  • Hatz
Looks like DANVILLE gave the big schools all they wanted.
Way to go Mercer County! + 1 in pick em Smile
I went with Mercer in my pick simply because Danville, although talented, seems like a disfunctional family right now, I felt like that gave the edge to the Titans.
(09-11-2022, 12:26 AM)Rip/Spin Wrote: I went with Mercer in my pick simply because Danville, although talented, seems like a disfunctional family right now,  I felt like that gave the edge to the Titans.

Same here. I looked at who is the head coach at Mercer County.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Rip/Spin
(09-10-2022, 06:41 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Looks like DANVILLE gave the big schools all they wanted.

?????  Mercer County is 3A and Danville is 2A.  How is that going vs the "big schools?"
(09-11-2022, 09:44 AM)Hatz Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 06:41 PM)rookie57 Wrote: Looks like DANVILLE gave the big schools all they wanted.

?????  Mercer County is 3A and Danville is 2A.  How is that going vs the "big schools?"

Danville smoked her team, so she likes to pump them up. She likes to talk ole crazy talk. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Hatz
Danville had 48 yards of penalties in the last two minutes of game to rescue Mercer from a 4th down punt situation at midfield and then subsequently move the Titans penalty by penalty all the way down to Danville's five yard line. The penalties included roughing the kicker and several unsportsmanlike fouls. Never seen anything like it. The insanity was punctuated by Danville calling a timeout with 4 seconds in the game allowing Mercer, which was out of timeouts, to have plenty of time to line up the game winning field goal. There is no joy in Mudville.
Yikes... sounds bad.
(09-12-2022, 10:20 PM)Hogs02 Wrote: Yikes... sounds bad.

It is bad. The fanbase is dismayed at the dismantling of the football program over the last two years and the way it is being coached now. The new superintendent needs to put a tourniquet on it as soon as possible. The window to salvage the next few years may be narrower than he realizes. I am hoping he reserves the newly vacated athletic director position to be coupled with the head football coach position, along with other designations to help make the job as attractive as possible. If Danville can attract a top level coach he needs to be the AD to put an end to any possibility of repeating the last few years. Of the past three championship coaches,  two were AD and if the last had been Danville wouldn’t be in this mess. Unfortunately, the next coach up is once again going to have to reestablish championship culture as Coach Clevenger did.
(09-11-2022, 12:01 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 09:44 AM)Hatz Wrote:

Danville smoked her team, so she likes to pump them up. She likes to talk ole crazy talk. lol
Meant to say bigger,
(09-10-2022, 12:17 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Danville has the worst coaching staff and qb in the state!!!

I admittedly have not watched Danville play this year, but I am not sure the right call is to blame the QB for the teams struggles. I understand the coaching staff frustration given the events that went down in Danville within the last few years.
Danville had the WORST administration in the state a few years ago and that has led to the "new direction" of the football program (aka losing). There's no reason to blame the QB who is inexperienced and a kid who is doing the best he can. The QB didn't put an undisciplined team on the field, nor did he call timeout to make sure Mercer County could kick the game-winning field goal.
[-] The following 2 users Like jamesclay's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!
(09-13-2022, 09:19 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Danville had the WORST administration in the state a few years ago and that has led to the "new direction" of the football program (aka losing). There's no reason to blame the QB who is inexperienced and a kid who is doing the best he can. The QB didn't put an undisciplined team on the field, nor did he call timeout to make sure Mercer County could kick the game-winning field goal.

I totally agree.....Politics can destroy a program.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jamesclay
(09-13-2022, 09:19 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Danville had the WORST administration in the state a few years ago and that has led to the "new direction" of the football program (aka losing). There's no reason to blame the QB who is inexperienced and a kid who is doing the best he can. The QB didn't put an undisciplined team on the field, nor did he call timeout to make sure Mercer County could kick the game-winning field goal.

Well said! More times than not, politics are the very demise of a good program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • jamesclay
(09-13-2022, 12:01 AM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 10:20 PM)Hogs02 Wrote: Yikes... sounds bad.

It is bad. The fanbase is dismayed at the dismantling of the football program over the last two years and the way it is being coached now. The new superintendent needs to put a tourniquet on it as soon as possible. The window to salvage the next few years may be narrower than he realizes. I am hoping he reserves the newly vacated athletic director position to be coupled with the head football coach position, along with other designations to help make the job as attractive as possible. If Danville can attract a top level coach he needs to be the AD to put an end to any possibility of repeating the last few years. Of the past three championship coaches,  two were AD and if the last had been Danville wouldn’t be in this mess. Unfortunately, the next coach up is once again going to have to reestablish championship culture as Coach Clevenger did.
i agree Danville should have never got rid of Clevenger as he had them rolling.  Peach when he was at Anderson in 2018 had them undefeated in the regular season and got beat by Highlands by 4 points in the playoffs.  Anderson seemed to be good while he was there and they are awful now. Maybe some Anderson people that know can answer but from the outside it seemed like Peach did a good job at Anderson and they fell off a cliff after he left.

(09-12-2022, 09:52 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote: Danville had 48 yards of penalties in the last two minutes of game to rescue Mercer from a 4th down punt situation at midfield and then subsequently move the Titans penalty by penalty all the way down to Danville's five yard line. The penalties included roughing the kicker and several unsportsmanlike fouls. Never seen anything like it. The insanity was punctuated by Danville calling a timeout with 4 seconds in the game allowing Mercer, which was out of timeouts, to have plenty of time to line up the game winning field goal. There is no joy in Mudville.
Neither team deserved to win this game.  Both teams tried to give it away the whole game.  Mercer scored 14 points in the 1st QTR and then couldn't move the ball the rest of the game.  Passing game is non existent for Mercer also as they were 2 passing in the 2nd half.  From a coaching standpoint Mercer on the last play was scrambling and was not going to get a FG off and got bailed out by a penalty to set up the FG.  They had people running on and off the field with clock running out and weren't going to get a play off.
My friend has a student athlete at Anderson. In a nut shell it is a difference in having really good teams with really good players and building a program. Wonder why there was not an uproar when Coach Peach was dismissed? Silence can say it all. The new guy has to be questioned coming during the covid time but the middle school had not been successful in years and the youth was run by parents. Says it is a much better culture and if given time will be competitive.
Such a dumb decision to fire Clevenger. They got rid of a state championship coach.
[-] The following 3 users Like jamesclay's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!, Walt Longmire
I know a few parents of Danville kids that have mentioned that if Peach returns next year their kid will not be attending Danville. If these kids leave you can stick a fork in Danville football for a long long time!
(09-13-2022, 04:50 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I know a few parents of Danville kids that have mentioned that if Peach returns next year their kid will not be attending Danville. If these kids leave you can stick a fork in Danville football for a long long time!

What ever happened to the old coach they let go, is he coaching anywhere?
(09-13-2022, 06:19 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 04:50 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I know a few parents of Danville kids that have mentioned that if Peach returns next year their kid will not be attending Danville. If these kids leave you can stick a fork in Danville football for a long long time!

What ever happened to the old coach they let go, is he coaching anywhere?

He still teaches at Danville High School and coaches at Centre College.
[-] The following 2 users Like Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!

I'm not sure if they were actually trying to destroy a program they could have done a better job.  I'm a Boyle guy but it's pretty sad to see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • jamesclay
(09-13-2022, 08:08 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

I'm not sure if they were actually trying to destroy a program they could have done a better job.  I'm a Boyle guy but it's pretty sad to see.

They read the book "How to Destroy an Historic Program for Dummies" ....All jokes aside, what's happened to Danville and the football program over the last few years is tragic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheStickyBandit's post:
  • Bull got out!
I know a few other programs that read the same book…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TheStickyBandit
I believe Mark Peach is a great coach.  He may be hard on the kids and a lot of kids / parents cant handle that now a days.  Or they dont like to hear the truth.  I support Mark Peach 100%.
(09-14-2022, 09:42 AM)lnkskippy Wrote:
I believe Mark Peach is a great coach.  He may be hard on the kids and a lot of kids / parents cant handle that now a days.  Or they dont like to hear the truth.  I support Mark Peach 100%.

I am not sure that the problem is really with Peach, but more so that Clevenger isn't the coach. From everything I have heard, Clevenger was a players coach that was well liked and respected by his teams and the Danville fans. Peach has big shoes to try and fill following Clevenger and he has not gotten off to too hot of a start there.
(09-13-2022, 04:50 PM):cool:Footballfan33 Wrote: I know a few parents of Danville kids that have mentioned that if Peach returns next year their kid will not be attending Danville. If these kids leave you can stick a fork in Danville football for a long long time!
Yet every parent says it but they will remain loyal to a program and school that does more bad than good for their kids. After watching Danville football the last 2 weeks. I would never let my kids participate in that program. NO DISCIPLINE!!!