Class 1A

1. Pikeville
2. Raceland
3. Hazard
4. Bethlehem
5. Pineville

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildc...-rankings/

Thoughts?
Raceland is number one. For those wondering how they will make up 29 points on Pikeville from last year’s game, so far the Rams have made up 49 points on Russell from 2021 to 2022, 16 on Ashland, and 13 on Rowan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16thregioner's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
You very well could be right but Ashland and Rowan County are not Pikeville.  I hope both teams take care of business and we find out.  It would be a great game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • wolfcat
(09-05-2022, 11:27 PM)16thregioner Wrote: Raceland is number one.  For those wondering how they will make up 29 points on Pikeville from last year’s game, so far the Rams have made up 49 points on Russell from 2021 to 2022, 16 on Ashland, and 13 on Rowan.

Haha those teams suck this year. Keep dreaming. Pikeville could have won by 50 last year.
(09-05-2022, 11:58 PM)Westside Wrote: You very could be right but Ashland and Rowan County are not Pikeville.  I hope both teams take care of business and we find out.  It would be a great game.
Neither is Russell.
After Racelands game with Rowan, imo, we do not look like a #1 team. Top 3? Of course. Top 2?....maybe. defensively, imo, we are as good as anyone in the first 3 classes. After the first two games, I thoufht our offense was. But we tripped, spilled, flipped and flopped against Rowan offensively. Hopefully it was the run off of nearly two 500 yard yard games, with little to no mistakes that drastically affected us. Kids seemed to be going through the motions. This game gets out of hand if we do that this week.

But if we come out, from top to bottom, the way we did against Ashland and Russell. We not only can, but will, win this game.
Big gap between Pikeville and everyone else.

I would say Pikeville is still 2-3 TDs better than anyone in 1a on a neutral field
(09-05-2022, 11:27 PM)16thregioner Wrote: Raceland is number one.  For those wondering how they will make up 29 points on Pikeville from last year’s game, so far the Rams have made up 49 points on Russell from 2021 to 2022, 16 on Ashland, and 13 on Rowan.  
Lol can’t wait for the Panthers to meet up with y’all.
I think these rankings are spot on. If you switch the games played with Raceland and Pikeville then the records likely swap places too. Beating Ashland and Russell are usually statement wins for the Rams but unfortunately these aren’t strong teams for either program . This weekend we will find out what Raceland is really about when we travel up the AA to take on Highlands. Hazard is a team that will have some say at the end of the season as well and I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up making a deep playoff run and knock off Pikeville or Raceland. At the end of the day though these polls really don’t matter and it will be settled in the field at some point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Patriot1
Pikeville

Raceland

Everyone else is not good at all.
I could care less about these rankings because that’s all the are opinions of someone who I don’t even know. I agree with Orange that all 3 of these teams in the East can win it but it’s entirely up to the players that make that commitment to work every day to get better. To me Pikeville is just now figuring out who they are on both sides of the ball. Which is understandable with the players they lost from last years team. Raceland and Hazard both didn’t lose as many(well Raceland did lose any) from last years team as Pikeville. Right now I personally would have Raceland #1 in 1A (don’t crash Jet) because last year doesn’t mean squat. A lot of football to play yet but every Pikeville fan isn’t Jet Pilot and he probably is the loyalist fan Pikeville has. Definitely the most outspoken and you got to love him for that. I hope Pikeville wins it all but I did also in 2020 and we all know what happened that year. No team is unbeatable when they aren’t playing their game or at least up to their potential. Long year yet but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
by playoff time pikeville will be ready and the team to beat
I'm not ruling out any of the teams out west but in the east it's Pikeville and Raceland then everyone else light years behind.