Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
KSR's Updated State Top 25 + 1
KSR’s Week 3 Top 25 (+1) rankings

1. St. Xavier (3-0): Def. Male 24-10 – The Tigers picked off four Male passes while Purdue DE commit Micah Carter had some key pass deflections for St. Xavier

2. Frederick Douglass (3-0): Def. Lafayette by forfeit

3. Boyle County (3-0): Def. Danville 41-7 – Cole Sims caught two passes for 106 yards, with both going for touchdowns as the Rebels put a first-half running clock on crosstown rival Danville in the Kroger KSR Game of the Week.

4. Trinity (2-1): Def. Center Grove (IN) 29-28 (2OT) – Drew Allen rushed for a touchdown in overtime, then tossed a touchdown pass to Noah Myers in 2OT to help Trinity end Center Grove’s 30-game win streak.

5. Beechwood (3-0): Def. somerset 47-0 – Mitchell Berger had rushing and receiving touchdowns as the Tigers still haven’t allowed a point all year.

6. Ballard (3-0): Def. South Oldham 41-0 – Journey Wyche had a pick-six in the easy victory.

7. DuPont Manual (3-0): Def. North Hardin 33-6 – Amare Townsend picked off a Trojan pass on the game’s first play and later blocked a punt.

8. Woodford County (3-0): Def. Dunbar 43-14 – Sophomore Kentucky target Makhi Smith had 115 receiving yards and a touchdown while new QB Andrew Nason had a big night rushing and passing.

9. Owensboro (2-1): Def. Daviess County 24-14 – Kenyata Carbon had a 69-yard touchdown run while Dereon Crowe returned a blocked punt for a score.

10. South Warren (2-0): Bye Week

11. Male (1-2): Lost to St. Xavier 28-14

12. Mayfield (3-0): Def. Paducah Tilghman 16-14

13. Corbin (3-0): Def. Franklin County 40-20

14. Madison Central (3-0): Def. Madison Southern 20-17 (OT)

15. Lexington Christian Academy (2-1): Def. Belfry 36-7

16. Christian Academy of Louisville (3-0): Def. Bullitt Central 49-0

17. Covington Catholic (3-0): Def. Lexington Catholic 7-6

18. Paducah Tilghman (2-1): Lost to Mayfield 16-14

19. Bowling Green (3-0): Def. PRP 41-14

20. Southwestern (3-0): Def. Simon Kenton 34-19

21. Pulaski County (3-0): Def. Lincoln County 36-13

22. Lexington Catholic (2-1): Lost to Covington Catholic 7-6

23. Scott County (2-0): Bye Week

24. Pikeville (1-2): Def. Paintsvillle 36-0

25. Raceland (3-0): Def. Rowan County 40-3

26. George Rogers Clark (3-0): Def. West Jessamine 49-14

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildc...-rankings/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert
Woodford climbed the polls quick in three weeks.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
1) I can’t stand Matt Jones.

2) I know what haddix can do with just a little bit of talent, let alone a lot. But putting boyle above the likes of trinity and maybe one or two more, just shows how clueless the KSR folks are about their own state football. No disrespect to BC fans. They should def be top of 4A, but I just couldn’t put them above trinity or maybe Ballard/manual
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
There's not much about these rankings that is right. South Warren's record is 1-1, not 2-0, as they lost to Hendersonville, TN. Beechwood has been scored upon this year, giving up 7 points to Paintsville. That is two factual errors in the top 10 alone.

Beechwood has played a very weak schedule - too weak to warrant a top 5 ranking.

Trinity has beaten two teams this season that are better than any of the other top KY teams have played. Frederick Douglass has not won their first state title and we are supposed to believe that they are better than a 6A team that has not failed to win a state title for more than 2 years over the past 20 years? If St. X beats Trinity head to head, Trinity should still be ranked above Douglass until and unless Trinity starts losing to teams ranked well below them nationally.

Who has Mayfield beaten that warrants ranking them above Corbin or any of the several teams ranked immediately below the Redhounds? Nobody.

Coach Joe Chirico is doing a great job at George Rogers Clark, with three impressive wins. He was able to field teams that held their own with Pikeville and Raceland when he was coaching a 1A school with a small enrollment. Now, in his second year at a 6A school, his team is undefeated, including a 30-point win over a Madison Southern team that took Madison Central into OT and only lost to Southwestern by 8, but GRC is ranked behind both Raceland and Pikeville? CalPreps projected a 2-8 season for GRC but it looks very likely that they will finish the regular season no worse than 8-2 and an undefeated regular season is not out of the question.

Simon Kenton is another team that is underrated, as they dropped out of the top 26 completely. Simon Kenton may be the best team in NKY. They jumped out to a 13-0 lead over Southwestern. I'm not sure whether SK's star QB, Chase Crone, was injured in the 1st quarter or in the 2nd quarter, but he is most of SK's offense. Southwestern may have won the game anyway, but Crone's injury was a game changer. If nothing else, the margin would not have been the same with Crone in the lineup. Injuries are part of the game, but Crone's injury will not keep him sidelined for long and I would have SK in the top 25.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(09-06-2022, 01:38 AM)Hound05 Wrote: 1) I can’t stand Matt Jones.

2) I know what haddix can do with just a little bit of talent, let alone a lot. But putting boyle above the likes of trinity and maybe one or two more, just shows how clueless the KSR folks are about their own state football. No disrespect to BC fans. They should def be top of 4A, but I just couldn’t put them above trinity or maybe Ballard/manual

What has Manual done to warrant being in that conversation? Ballard beat a down Male team (yes for their standards) and now they're in the same conversation with Trinity and St. X?

Agree. At one point they had Trinity ranked near the bottom of the top ten.

To think that Class A Beechwood could beat most of these teams is crazy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Hound05
(09-06-2022, 09:15 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

What has Manual done to warrant being in that conversation? Ballard beat a down Male team (yes for their standards) and now they're in the same conversation with Trinity and St. X?
I think you misunderstood my point. Now manual shouldn’t be in the same conversation as trinity and St x. But neither should BC.
(09-06-2022, 10:23 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

I think you misunderstood my point. Now manual shouldn’t be in the same conversation as trinity and St x. But neither should BC.

Boyle is past Manual and Ballard.
(09-06-2022, 09:24 AM)jamesclay Wrote:

Beechwood is 2a
(09-06-2022, 12:50 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 10:23 AM)Hound05 Wrote:

Boyle is past Manual and Ballard.
I respect your opinion, but after 2 games I just can’t put them up there like Jones has them. A lot could change though. I will say they should be #1 in 4A without a doubt
I respect Jones' opinion on his list, and I agree with hound05 that Boyle is #1 in 4A.
Jones sold KSR. He still is a part of the site and it's runnings but he got a nice pay day a little more than a year ago from On3. He's more or less just the radio show now. The Rankings are done by someone else. I think a Howell fella.
(09-06-2022, 06:51 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:

Beechwood is 2a

To think that Class 2A Beechwood could beat most of these teams is crazy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Deuce8
(09-07-2022, 04:06 PM)jamesclay Wrote:

Beechwood is 2a

So don’t think 2A beechwood could beat any of these teams ??? ?
(09-07-2022, 06:54 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(09-07-2022, 04:06 PM)jamesclay Wrote:

Beechwood is 2a

So don’t think 2A beechwood could beat any of these teams ??? ?

Great team but I don't think they beat most of the teams in the top 10. I'll be interested to see how they perform this week and next.
?
Hahahahaha
Beechwood is a damn good man. Always has been and always will be a great program. Also for the record, Matt Jones is a dirtbag. I can't listen to 630am not ever from 10 am to noon because I can't stomach him. Then again maybe I'm just bitter because I got a lifetime ban from his Twitter for telling him his wrestling promotion is a bit of a job. Nonetheless, I agree

that should be a damn good team
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vols0528's post:
  • Deuce8