Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Letcher Central 52 Shelby Valley 48
Final from LCHS

Wild game that went back and forth after SV jumped out early...

Congrats Cougars!
(08-20-2022, 01:05 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Final from LCHS

Wild game that went back and forth after SV jumped out early...

Congrats Cougars!
Missing that 2 weeks of practice really hurt LCC young secondary. The coaches has to quit running this team like a college team and trying to play everyone one way. The comeback didn’t happen til they started playing there best players on both sides of the ball. On offense 46 has to get the ball more. He is a complete difference maker but he plays defense so they don’t want to run him which is crazy. The Osborne kid from Shelby Valley is really good made several unbelievable throws under heavy pressure. LCC has to play Little and some of the offensive starters in the secondary going foward.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Running wild 14's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Russ Osborne has a chance to be a very special player!! Unfortunately he's on an average team, with an average coaching staff, an underwhelming HC & a school/community/program that is obviously content being mediocre. The one thing the kid does have going for him is his dad!! David Osborne should have been, could have/could be & I wish had been/gets to be one of the premier coaches in the entire state!!
This game was closing than I anticipated. Congrats Letcher Central.
Defense anyone?
(08-20-2022, 12:13 PM)Boomer_Sooner Wrote: Russ Osborne has a chance to be a very special player!! Unfortunately he's on an average team, with an average coaching staff, an underwhelming HC & a school/community/program that is obviously content being mediocre. The one thing the kid does have going for him is his dad!! David Osborne should have been, could have/could be & I wish had been/gets to be one of the premier coaches in the entire state!!
I don’t know who calls the play for SV but he called a heck of game last night. Without Osborne on that team it would have been a 50 point blowout last night. He is that good. Valley is average at lot of positions but they have some good WRs.I don’t think we will see a QB as good as Osborne the rest of the season.
This score was a little surprising to me. Letcher County, like Breathitt, has been through a lot over the past three weeks and they started off slow, but most importantly, they finished. I knew Letcher would be rusty, but I thought they would beat Shelby Valley more comfortably. Letcher is another team that will get much better in the next couple of weeks and Shelby Valley is going to be a dangerous team in 2A this year. Offensively, they are the real deal and their QB may be one of the best in 2A. If their defense can improve, they have a chance at a regional title.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cat Daddy's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(08-22-2022, 07:54 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: This score was a little surprising to me. Letcher County, like Breathitt, has been through a lot over the past three weeks and they started off slow, but most importantly, they finished. I knew Letcher would be rusty, but I thought they would beat Shelby Valley more comfortably. Letcher is another team that will get much better in the next couple of weeks and Shelby Valley is going to be a dangerous team in 2A this year. Offensively, they are the real deal and their QB may be one of the best in 2A. If their defense can improve, they have a chance at a regional title.
Who played QB for Letcher?
Little
Why is Letcher so average?
Letcher was down 26 to 6 late in 2nd quarter and put up 46 points in just over a half. Litttle put up some good stats but if he would have let the ball go earlier Letcher could have scored on just about every drive. We missed some wide open WR deep. I hope the coaches will make the proper adjustments and this team could be pretty good by seasons end. This team only has 5 seniors so any type of good season will be a positive.
Why isn’t the kid from Florida playing QB? From what I watched on film, Perry will be playing for district title this year against JC. This will be the year to get over the hump.
Lack of reps...lack of practice...i would not base your opinion on the first game.
(08-25-2022, 09:49 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Why isn’t the kid from Florida playing QB?  From what I watched on film, Perry will be playing for district title this year against JC.  This will be the year to get over the hump.
I was told that the coaching staff just did not trust him with running the team yet. Another factor is he gained about 30lbs plus since last season and it has hurt him. He goes about 270lbs right now. They started playing at DE the 2nd half last week and he looked really good and made a big difference. They have to play this kid somewhere is really fast to be that size.