Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breathitt County 43 Magoffin County 0
Final from Jackson

I watched bits and pieces of this one on Youtube and Breathitt absolutely dominated this game. It was a running clock in the 2nd quarter.

Congrats Bobcats!
Breathitt was very rusty. Magoffin seemed to tire out really quickly which made Breathitt look better than they actually played.
My take aways. 
Derrosset has his work cut out for him but has some good pieces especially the Lafferty kid.
Breathitt has a long way to go if they want to play with the big boys but should be fine when it comes to winning district.
(08-20-2022, 10:16 AM)wolfcat Wrote: Breathitt was very rusty. Magoffin seemed to tire out really quickly which made Breathitt look better than they actually played.
My take aways. 
Derrosset has his work cut out for him but has some good pieces especially the Lafferty kid.
Breathitt has a long way to go if they want to play with the big boys but should be fine when it comes to winning district.
100% agree.  After the first series, it looked like the Hornets just ran out of gas and quick.  

Lafferty can be a player if he wants to be.
Sperry playing for breathitt?
If 43-0 is a rusty game I’ll take it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bobcatfan34's post:
  • BlackcatPride32
I had this game online while also watching the Betsy Layne - Prestonsburg game online as well. It looks like it's going to take Coach DeRossett a little while to improve things in Magoffin Co. Congrats Bobcats.
(08-20-2022, 12:10 PM)4ever witness Wrote: Sperry playing for breathitt?

He was on the sidelines last night but didnt dress.

Who would thought breathitt would pitch a shutout to anyone with how bad they were on D last season. a lot of smiles on the riverbank after this one. The community needed it after the last 3-4 weeks.
(08-20-2022, 12:26 PM)Bobcatfan34 Wrote: If 43-0 is a rusty game I’ll take it.

I'm sure the coaches would say the team was rusty as well.
Personally I am hoping for better things from the Bobcats than a blowout win against inferior competition.
Breathitt came out a little slow, but it didn't take long to shake the rust off. Tyler Bryant looked solid in his debut, and I think he will be a dangerous player by the end of they year. Breathitt has some athletes at the WR spot, and Bowling looked very good at the RB spot. Offensive line got a great push all night, and the defense looked like a vintage Breathitt County defense by flying around the ball. When Sperry gets back, it brings another element to the passing game. With that being said, Magoffin isn't a power house by any means, but they did have a few athletes that would have caused Breathitt problems over the past couple of years. It's going to take time for Derossett to change the culture of the program, but I expected a more physical team. With everything that has went on in the past three weeks, I will take a running clock in the first half.
(08-22-2022, 07:40 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: Breathitt came out a little slow, but it didn't take long to shake the rust off. Tyler Bryant looked solid in his debut, and I think he will be a dangerous player by the end of they year. Breathitt has some athletes at the WR spot, and Bowling looked very good at the RB spot. Offensive line got a great push all night, and the defense looked like a vintage Breathitt County defense by flying around the ball. When Sperry gets back, it brings another element to the passing game. With that being said, Magoffin isn't a power house by any means, but they did have a few athletes that would have caused Breathitt problems over the past couple of years. It's going to take time for Derossett to change the culture of the program, but I expected a more physical team. With everything that has went on in the past three weeks, I will take a running clock in the first half.
I was pleased as well. Any team going thru what they have over past few weeks and manage to play as good as they did deserved credit. I was pleased with performance as well
Lots of talent in Jackson this year. I was very impressed by the QB and some of the skill players. They are also a very disciplined and well coached team. Magoffin just looked tired and sloppy, to me.