Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you rank the BCS conferences this year.
Spartan4Life Wrote:1.Big 10 -- Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsion, Michigan, Purdue.
2.SEC -- Kentucky, LSU, Floirda, South Carolina, Alabama, Tenneessee.
3.Pac-10 -- Arizona State, Oregen, USC, UCLA, CAL.
4.Big 12 -- Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri,
5.Big East -- Uconn, West Virgina, Cincinnatti, USF
6.ACC -- Boston College.

I was just listing the school's doing good from each confrence, there in no certain order.

How can you rank the BIg 10 first, they are terrible. They don't play anybody all year and they will get crushed in the bowl games. I know that my pick of the PAC 10 was controversial, but yours is just crazy!:confused:
Spartan4Life Wrote:1.Big 10 -- Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsion, Michigan, Purdue.
2.SEC -- Kentucky, LSU, Floirda, South Carolina, Alabama, Tenneessee.
3.Pac-10 -- Arizona State, Oregen, USC, UCLA, CAL.
4.Big 12 -- Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri,
5.Big East -- Uconn, West Virgina, Cincinnatti, USF
6.ACC -- Boston College.

I was just listing the school's doing good from each confrence, there in no certain order.

First off, I believe you left out a few teams on your list. From the SEC, Georgia and Auburn are having good years and are currently ranked in the top 25. Also, Arkansas, Miss St. and Vandy all have winning records. In addition, you left Oklahaoma and Texas off the Big 12 list.

Also, there is no way the Big Ten is number 1! I would put them at about fourth, they're nowhere near the level of the SEC this year. If you matched up the conferences against each other top to bottom, it would be no contest. I already did this against the Pac-10 in another thread, so here goes:

1) LSU / Ohio State --> SEC
2) Georgia / Michigan --> even
3) Auburn / Penn State --> even
4) Florida / Wisconsin --> SEC
5) Alabama / Purdue --> SEC
6) Kentucky / Michigan St. --> SEC
7) Tennessee / Illinois --> SEC
8) South Carolina / Indiana --> SEC
9) Arkansas / Northwestern --> SEC
10) Mississippi St / Iowa --> SEC
11) Vanderbilt / Minnesota --> SEC

I give the SEC the edge in 9 of 11 matchups, with the other 2 being a toss-up. Big edge over the Big Ten this year.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:First off, I believe you left out a few teams on your list. From the SEC, Georgia and Auburn are having good years and are currently ranked in the top 25. Also, Arkansas, Miss St. and Vandy all have winning records. In addition, you left Oklahaoma and Texas off the Big 12 list.

Also, there is no way the Big Ten is number 1! I would put them at about fourth, they're nowhere near the level of the SEC this year. If you matched up the conferences against each other top to bottom, it would be no contest. I already did this against the Pac-10 in another thread, so here goes:

1) LSU / Ohio State --> SEC
2) Georgia / Michigan --> even
3) Auburn / Penn State --> even
4) Florida / Wisconsin --> SEC
5) Alabama / Purdue --> SEC
6) Kentucky / Michigan St. --> SEC
7) Tennessee / Illinois --> SEC
8) South Carolina / Indiana --> SEC
9) Arkansas / Northwestern --> SEC
10) Mississippi St / Iowa --> SEC
11) Vanderbilt / Minnesota --> SEC

I give the SEC the edge in 9 of 11 matchups, with the other 2 being a toss-up. Big edge over the Big Ten this year.

I think that you are wrong on the two Big 10 wins, I don't think they could win any against the SEC, PAC-10, or Big 12
launchpad4 Wrote:I think that you are wrong on the two Big 10 wins, I don't think they could win any against the SEC, PAC-10, or Big 12

Check my post again, I didn't predict any wins for the Big Ten, I only called a couple of the games a tossup. I think Georgia and Michigan would be a tough game to call, the Bulldogs have been very inconsistent this year. Also, I think Penn State could beat Auburn if they managed to put some points on the board, as the Tigers' offense has been suspect this year.

Still, there are no matchups where the Big Ten gets an obvious edge, and I agree that the SEC is clearly better.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SEC
Big 10
Big 12
Pac 10
ACC
Big East
1. SEC - They have killed one another.
2. PAC-10
3. Big 12
4. Big East