Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky's Basketball Starting 5 Announced
Coach Billy Gillispie has announced his starting 5 for tonights game against Pikeville College. It is definitely a starting 5 you would have never thought of.

PG- Ramel Bradley
SG- Jodie Meeks
PF- Mark Coury
SF- Ramon Harris
C- Perry Stephenson

What are your thoughts on this?
Probably the 5 hardest working players which is what he believes in pretty strongly. It doesn't mean they'll get to play a ton of minutes but they probably earned it in practice. I like it. Plus many guys are injured or a little ill right now (Carter, Crawford, Patterson)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gillispie said the other day, if you don't practice...you don't play.

This refers to Crawford, Patterson, and others who have had to miss practice due to injuries, etc.

I would expect that the starting 5 will change on a weekly basis under Gillispie.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hopefully this is a starting lineup just for pre-season
should be easy games
then he well put in a regular starting 5 for the rest of the season
i sure hope so anyways
Looks good, but when has carter not been injured. Geez its like he's on a four year injury scholarship.
Booya Wrote:Looks good, but when has carter not been injured. Geez its like he's on a four year injury scholarship.

i agree i aint seen much from him but who knows
I love the mentality that Coach G has! Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard! That is what has been the problem at U.K. in the past. Just my opinion though! They looked very solid last night!
I don't ever expect to see anything good from Carter. He is a joke, and yes I would like to see him prove me wrong but I doubt it. Love how Billy G decides the starting lineup should keep players on their toes.
BCF4L Wrote:Coach Billy Gillispie has announced his starting 5 for tonights game against Pikeville College. It is definitely a starting 5 you would have never thought of.

PG- Ramel Bradley
SG- Jodie Meeks
PF- Mark Coury
SF- Ramon Harris
C- Perry Stephenson

What are your thoughts on this?

Patterson and Crawford will be in there. they just hast to come to practice. Cause their both dedicated alot.
It's not about who starts, but about who finishes. Some coaches actually don't start their best player so that when that player does come in they bring a lot of energy. If i was a player I would rather be the one the coach left on the floor in the closing moments of very close games. I think that closers are more important than starters. That's not to say starters aren't important, because they are.